Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Cyclical Ketogenic Diet Notes

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Thanks goal... Been working in a few servings of green veg per day. It's helped with a certain activity we all do... I won't say what but it rhymes with "taking a shit."

In this first week I have been having a little fun and have been eating some formally forbidden foods. But in the coming weeks you'll see a transition to more unsaturated fats.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Pillar great info- are you doing this now? If so keep a log here and ;post up- I love posts like this

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Pillar great info- are you doing this now? If so keep a log here and ;post up- I love posts like this

This is the log brother! Check in and comment anytime!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Had a crappy day at work, was stuck in the office all day... My job usually has me out and about so I'm able to stop and grab food whenever I want. I was forced to crack open the jar of natty PB I keep in my desk a couple times just to get thru.

Meal 1
5 Eggs, 1TB coconut oil (this would have been fine but my daughter wouldn't eat her sausage at breakfast so I had to take care of them ;) - the two breakfast sausages put me up to about 80% fat at breakfast. That's bad!

Meal 2
4TB Natty PB

Meal 3
Forgot my god damn post workout shake at home... Had to stop at the grocery store and had this shitty vanilla Muscle Milk RTD... had sugar in it, I'm fucking pissed about that. Would have done better to find a place with hardboiled eggs and just eaten the whites. Dumb mistake not to be repeated.

Meal 4
4TB Natty PB

Meal 5
No time to cook cause I had to go to Parent-Teacher night grrrrrrr... 1/4 cup heavy cream and 1 scoop Isopure

Meal 6
2 - 4oz 85% lean burgers w/ a little cheese and 1 scoop of Isopure (real food - hit the spot!)

Lesson learned - just cause you can eat out doesn't mean its always feasible. Go back to prepping meals in advance!

467dc722.jpg

9e342658.jpg

Billthebutcher

Billthebutcher

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2011
have you noticed any changes yet?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
have you noticed any changes yet?

I did actually... More detail in the calves and forearms and at the top of my chest. When I start dropping fat it seems like I lean out at my extremities and then the last place it leaves is my stomach and lower back...

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I was reminded today of a good food item I thought I'd pass along: Steakum... 80% fat, 20% protein and 0% carb... Cooks fast and you can add with eggs, cheese, whatever and throw on a low carb wrap. Had some today :)

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Btw... I think you need to adjust your Nutrition Menu allowance settings for CKD :D

G

GOAL200

Jan 15, 2011
Lesson learned - just cause you can eat out doesn't mean its always feasible. Go back to prepping meals in advance!

Yep, even with CKD or Atkins, etc...its all in the planning. A couple quickies that may help keep you prepared:

Shake:
1.5 scoops protein
1.5 or 2 tblsp ANPB
2 or 3 tblsp heavy whipping cream
A few ice cubes to keep it cool till it's time for that meal

Tuna:
1 can light chunk tuna
1.5 tblsp EVOO
1.5 or 2 tblsp full-fat MAYONAISSE
Some chopped celery
Mustard and coarse ground pepper to taste
Mix it all in a tupperware dish, cover and take with you in a cooler

Turkey slices (I use the big ones from Costco cuz each slice is 10g protein):
3 or 4 slices turkey
1/2 avocado
Dijon mustard or garlic/aioli sauce to taste
You can also chop this all up and toss it onto some raw spinach for a salad. Add italian dressing and youre GTG.

Snack:
Celery sticks and ANPB

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Still sticking to CKD?
Did you do your first carb-up? How'd it go?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I will update this tonight so check back for details on the carb up.

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
nice log POB. Always been interested in this. Keep it going Looking forward to hearing the end results.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic