Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Cyclical Ketogenic Diet Notes

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Really gotta get your green veggies in there brother. I know it sucks adding greens to good-tasting burgers and cheese, but it's important for your overall health. Have a salad with italian dressing and put a bunch of meat on it, or just melt some butter or cheese sauce over some broccoli. You;ll be glad you made this adjustment in the long run.

I hear that bro. Just ate a big pile of broccoli at meal 4 and have some salads ready to go for later tonight and tomorrow. Appreciated :)

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
You generally don't read a CKD log to find out what type of veggies someone ate, you read it to find out how much food that would be considered garbage on a high carb diet can be shoveled down while maintaining good results.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
You generally don't read a CKD log to find out what type of veggies someone ate, you read it to find out how much food that would be considered garbage on a high carb diet can be shoveled down while maintaining good results.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was friggin hilarious!

Nah, he had a point and I had heard it from the other bro's. I can eat like a damn elephant though so I'll throw some greens down :)

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
So I heeded the advice about eating the greens, but I didn't really think about subtracting other stuff so I went over on cals today. And the carbs are up to 8. But it was a veg thing, so I don't think that really counts... If a salad or some broccoli can spike your insulin then I suppose so would my sneaker...

Meal 1
4 eggs
2 slices bacon
4 breakfast sausages

Meal 2
1tb butter
1 Scoop isopure whey isolate
(this mixture didn't work as good as I thought... I think I will keep the fats out of the post workout shake anyway though.

Meal 3
BK Double Stacker - I AM THE BURGER KING!!! I can eat these in two bites now

Meal 4
12oz 85% hamburgers
Broccoli w/ quarter cup shredded cheap shitty cheese melted on it

Meal 5
Big-Azz salad!!! 2 heads romaine lettuce, 1tb sesame oil, 3tb olive oil, 3tb rice vinegar and 1/4 cup of cashews. Thats a buttload of cals right der!

53874c78.jpg

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Oh and I peed on a ketostix today. It was slightly less than pink which indicates a small presence of ketones. I haven't done any cardio, so I'm thinking if I go blast off some sprints tomorrow that'll beat the rest of them carbs out of me.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Day six is done... This is a piece of cake. I was meant for this diet.

Meal 1
4 Eggs fried in coconut oil (that was awesome)
4 breakfast sausages

Meal 2
McDonald's Double Cheeseburger w/out bun

Meal 3
1 Scoops isopure (post workout)

Meal 4
4 hot dogs fried in coconut oil

Meal 5
Steak "pinwheels" with asiago and spinach

Meal 6
2 scoops isopure

Very happy with my macros today :) although according to the ketostix there is still only a small presence of ketones in the piss. So as I mentioned yesterday I did 15 minutes on the treadmill after blasting back and then later on in the day did some sprints thru the neighborhood. Someone thought it was suspicious that a guy was running full out thru the streets and called the cops on me. The stupid pig got the idea when I ignored his ass and just kept running back and forth lol

dd4c6c9b.jpg

c702ffda.jpg

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I hear you about being made for keto... I've been on keto for about 36-40 months if you add up all the times I've done it. At 26%, the protein is a little light. On the keto sticks, mine never went past light pink, which is fine. Darker just means you aren't drinking enough water. You are either IN keto or you are NOT, there's no "little bit" in... kinda like being pregnant... you are or you are not.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I hear you about being made for keto... I've been on keto for about 36-40 months if you add up all the times I've done it. At 26%, the protein is a little light. On the keto sticks, mine never went past light pink, which is fine. Darker just means you aren't drinking enough water. You are either IN keto or you are NOT, there's no "little bit" in... kinda like being pregnant... you are or you are not.

Thats what I thought when I looked at the percentages. but I still had just over 1g per pound of LBM so I'm not that worried about it. But I'll be aware of that when I eat tomorrow.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Thats what I thought when I looked at the percentages. but I still had just over 1g per pound of LBM so I'm not that worried about it. But I'll be aware of that when I eat tomorrow.
Exactly... it's nothing to worry about on a one-day basis. Just something to be aware of for future consumption :D

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
I completely agree with the ketostix. So many variables, it's a good tool if its your first go at it. Night time your ketones will always show darker, morning depending on your water intake the night before they can show or be non existent, if you live in a humid region the sticks themselves can go bad if not stored really properly. If you want to assess your upper limit for carbohydrate intake it can be useful. For me the first day I will show dark and after the third I will not show at all.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I completely agree with the ketostix. So many variables, it's a good tool if its your first go at it. Night time your ketones will always show darker, morning depending on your water intake the night before they can show or be non existent, if you live in a humid region the sticks themselves can go bad if not stored really properly. If you want to assess your upper limit for carbohydrate intake it can be useful. For me the first day I will show dark and after the third I will not sow at all.
They're also good for getting an understanding on how soon you enter back into ketosis after your carb-up. The tendency at the beginning is to stress during the carb-up that you're going too far. But it's amazing how quickly you drop back in. I will typically drop my cals by 2-300 the day after my carb-up ends, not for ketosis purposes but just to kick start the fat loss after all the extra cals during my carb window.

G

GOAL200

Jan 15, 2011
The importance of the green leafy veggies is in the fiber content. We cannot digest fiber, so those carbs do not ever have the chance to convert to sugar or spike your insulin, etc. They don't count toward your daily carb number (thought hey will show in your online log thing). They simply help your body to process and digest the other nutrients you're consuming, which on a CKD like the one you're running, is a lot of protein and quite a bit of saturated and unhealthy fats. Fiber also helps bigtime in the "removal" of unnecessary or excess stuff. While many use the no/low carb rules to eat badly, you can actually run a clean CKD using good fats (like fish oils, MCTs, flax, avocado, etc.).

I read these threads to see the whole picture and see the results, not just to read how much Burger King someone threw down.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic