Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Cyclical Ketogenic Diet Notes

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
That sounds like an interesting idea... Time to start reading up on that.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I'm traveling this weekend. I took my daughter on a little trip for her 4th birthday. Its been a relief having a diet like this while away from home as its not hard to find food to eat that won't wreck the diet. I'm also giving IronInsanity's preferred food logging app a whirl. Nutrition Menu ( I usually use DailyBurn). Nutrition menu is very functional as far as organizing the data in a usefull way, but selecting the food you ate is a pain in the ass at first. Anyway here is todays info

Meal 1 -
4 Eggs, 2TB peanut butter

Meal 2 - 2 Double Cheesburgers w/o bun at McDonald's (was half way into an almost three hour drive and ate about 30 mins late).

Meal 3 - Double cheeseburger at the amusement park

Meal 4 - Caesar Salad (hold the croutons), Pastrami and cole slaw

Meal 5 - Double Cheeseburger at the hotel

Meal 6 - Slept in today so crammed the cals into 5 meals :)

Went over on the carbs by 2% - probably because its counting the huge salad and the cole slaw. Cole slaw dressing often times has sugar in it though so that was stupid eating that... I should have known better.

2afaeb8d.jpg

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Macros look good bro but you better charge your battery! :p

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Macros look good bro but you better charge your battery! :p

What about the seven percent on the carbs? Should I be beating myself up over that? The damn dressing on the cole slaw had somewhere around 6 grams of sugar in it... I'm not too happy about having eaten that...

And the phone made it thru the day on a single charge!!! Ever since I bought my new car, I keep the bluetooth on. That kills the battery.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
You're alright hitting 6-7% every now and then. If you're concerned get you some Keto sticks to pee on. I'd recommend this anyway until you get a good understanding of how your body responds. Pink means you're good. Don't worry about going too dark. That just means you're not drinking enough water.

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
I would go as far as to say that the actual percent of the carbs out of your whole macro intake is not as important as the grams you are getting in. At 1000 calories of day if you had 30 carbs it would amount to 12 percent of your total macro in carbs and that would be fine, at 2000 a day it would only be 6 and thats fine as well. The brain will continuously need a supply of glucose, in ketosis the supply drops down to about 30 grams of glucose a day at about the three week point (if memory serves me correctly). Initially however your brain will require a larger dose of glucose.

So even on 5 days of low carb your brain will demand at least 150 grams of glucose, either from consumption of dietary carbohydrates or from the breakdown of protein/muscle tissue to create glucose. 6 grams of sugar one day will not really do much to the quality of the diet. There are some ketogenic dieters that go as high as 50-60 grams of carbs with no effect on their recomposition attempt. Even Lyle Mcdonald has said that technically any diet under 100 grams of carbohydrates is a ketogenic diet.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Good to know but I am actually having an easy time aiming for zero carbs. What carbs I do eat seem to be incidental to my meals. Feel a little weird in the head but I am doing great energy wise

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Todays Macros and meals

Meal 1
Breakfast buffet >:)
2 Cups fake eggs scrambled
5 Breakfast Sausages
3 Slices Bacon
2 poached eggs
2 slices canadian bacon (not as good as American bacon of course)

Meal 2
BK Double Stacker w/ no bun

Meal 3
Ribs no bbq sauce
1 Scoop isopure whey

Meal 4
85% hamburger no bun
2 Slices of bacon

Meal 5
1/2 Cup almonds

a60b64b5.jpg

craig

craig

Aug 29, 2011
You really like that Burger King double stacker huh? I worked at BK 16-18 in high school.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
You really like that Burger King double stacker huh? I worked at BK 16-18 in high school.

lol - It pretty much fills the macro levels exactly how I need them. I would consider eating that all day every day, but the sodium level is just too high.

G

GOAL200

Jan 15, 2011
Really gotta get your green veggies in there brother. I know it sucks adding greens to good-tasting burgers and cheese, but it's important for your overall health. Have a salad with italian dressing and put a bunch of meat on it, or just melt some butter or cheese sauce over some broccoli. You;ll be glad you made this adjustment in the long run.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic