Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Custom made gym equipment

I

Iron_Clad

Jun 30, 2011
Hello all,

I'm a fabricator based in central Maryland, and i've recently got into building gym equipment like the prowler and push-up spikes.

I was looking for new equipment to build for a better price than typically offered and I figured these forums would be the best place to start. I'm looking for ideas, not commitments, so if you've ever had an idea on a new product or to modify an existing one, I'de love to hear it.... Thanks in advance! Also, please e-mail me at [email protected] if you'de like personal feedback.

Here are a few pieces I've recently made, and I have a few in the making...I can basically do anything at the shop, so I don't have any limitations.

Thanks for your time and ideas, I_C

Coated Original Push/Pull sled
coatedoriginalprowler.jpg

Coated Modified Push/Pull sled
coatedmodifiedprowler.jpg

Raw push-up spikes, varied sizing
1111pushupspike2.jpg

Texture coated push-up spikes
1111pushupspikecoated.jpg

Semi-Gloss dragging sleds, both olympic and standard plate sizes
1111draggingsledscoated.jpg

Again, I'm looking for Ideas and criticism whether it is good or bad.

Thanks all, I_C

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Would you like to advertise here Iron Clad?

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
Wow cool stuff IronClad...you should have a ready market for your work, so why not offer your services to members here?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Could you make an extra large shopping cart so I don't have to use two when I go shopping? I'd buy that ;)

I

Iron_Clad

Jun 30, 2011
Could you make an extra large shopping cart so I don't have to use two when I go shopping? I'd buy that ;)

Haha, I actually had a recent job making aluminum jig-frames for the wires that make the basket.

I

Iron_Clad

Jun 30, 2011
Thanks all, If anyone has any interest in any of the products feel free to E-mail me- [email protected].

The account is linked to my phone and I'll respond as best as possible. I'm just now starting to work outside of MD. So I don't have an extreme amount of knowledge with shipping, but I could give anyone an estimate.

I'm thinking of building a reverse-hyper, and i'm mocking up a ab grinder now. I've been asked to make a frame for a lifting platform and a monolift which I still haven't put in the time or research because of the holidays. I'll stick to this thread with any updates, everyone have a solid 4th!

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
im looking for a new leg press...how much to make one?I dont need nothing fancy...it doesnt need to be painted...just a basic leg press capable of holding atleast 1500lbs....dw

Last edited:
Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
1500lbs sounds sweet as the ones in most gyms go to about 900lbs tops (10 45lb plates per side)

I bet you'd have to talk some serious cash for even a basic leg press

I

Iron_Clad

Jun 30, 2011
If you can find any links or pictures of what you're looking for, that would be a great first step.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic