Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Crossfit Open - 14.3 workout

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Note this is 1/5 of the Open workouts to compete in the Reebok Crossfit Games.
If you make top 50 in your region, you go to regionals. If you make top 50 in regionals,
you go to the Crossfit Games. (on ESPN).

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
CTJ are they going to do any future drug testing in the games?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I think it's funny strongmen competitors lose form all the time just to get through the event and nobody bats an eye.
Crossfit does it and ohhh noooo this stuff is TERRIBLE FOR YOU!

Interestingly enough though I don't see SM competitors injured nearly as often as CFers. I have a couple friends who compete at NAS Nationals and beyond. They aren't nearly as injured as the CFers I see when I train at a CF gym.

CFers can do whatever they want but something must be fundamentaly wrong if so many are always injured but than again I've come to realize you cant explain anything to a CFer b/c they think they know everything.

Reactions: SJA
C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Interestingly enough though I don't see SM competitors injured nearly as often as CFers. I have a couple friends who compete at NAS Nationals and beyond. They aren't nearly as injured as the CFers I see when I train at a CF gym.

CFers can do whatever they want but something must be fundamentaly wrong if so many are always injured but than again I've come to realize you cant explain anything to a CFer b/c they think they know everything.

I personally haven't seen many serious injuries where I train. I know it's bound to happen though. I was a sponsored snowboarder for a while and it was a revolving door of injuries.
This is sort of a relief in that aspect. Shit happens. I enjoy Crossfit's challenging programming and will continue to do it. I also don't know of any guys that do crossfit as know it alls. We all come from various sports/training backgrounds. I'm the same person I was when I strictly did bodybuilding. My coach is the same dude he was when he strictly did weight lifting. Same guys I've known for years, just hitting things at a different angle.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
CTJ are they going to do any future drug testing in the games?

They already do testing. There have been eliminations from the games that tested positiive for PEDs.
I think if any of the top guys (that are on their way out)
tested positive they would let it slide for the image of the sport. Moving forward from those competitors,
I expect the testing to become much more rigorous.

C

Cheops

VIP Member
Oct 15, 2010
Are there any videos of anyone doing this?

I can't see anyone dead lifting 315 30 times after they have completed 60 box jumps and 70 reps of progressively heavier deads at a bang bang pace.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I can't imagine it either but I bet Froning or Dan Bailey will have some video of them doing it.

@BrotherIron
In regards to the injury rate, it's a little skewed because of new trainees being improperly coached.
As it evolves, the poor coaches and gyms will be weeded out.

Let's stop taking the the worst examples of a sport and using that as the benchmark.
Take the real athletes and top lifters as the examples of what we're shooting for.
It would be like me saying football sucks. I went to a high school football game
and there were so many mistakes. It was a shit show. Football sucks.

But we don't do that, do we? When we talk about football, we talk about athletes
on the college or pro level.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I personally haven't seen many serious injuries where I train. I know it's bound to happen though. I was a sponsored snowboarder for a while and it was a revolving door of injuries.
This is sort of a relief in that aspect. Shit happens. I enjoy Crossfit's challenging programming and will continue to do it. I also don't know of any guys that do crossfit as know it alls. We all come from various sports/training backgrounds. I'm the same person I was when I strictly did bodybuilding. My coach is the same dude he was when he strictly did weight lifting. Same guys I've known for years, just hitting things at a different angle.

I can only go off of what I see and the CFers I run into. The ones I've run into by me all think they know everything about anything/everything. They go as far as to try to educate me about Oly lifting and PLing which I wouldn't mind having a discussion if they had some knowledge of the subject matter. This may not be the case where you are, which is great, but the 3 gyms I've been to here are all that way. Kinda puts a bad taste in my mouth and paints a certain picture.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Are there any videos of anyone doing this?

I can't see anyone dead lifting 315 30 times after they have completed 60 box jumps and 70 reps of progressively heavier deads at a bang bang pace.

Froning got through 30 of the 315 level and then 2 of the 365. Not sure he's going to make his video public though.
Somebody else beat him and did 4 or 6 of the 365 level. Can't remember.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic