deadlifts, 25 reps
15 box jumps, 24-inch
315-lb.
deadlifts, 30 reps
15 box jumps, 24-inch
365-lb.
deadlifts, 35 reps
15 box jumps, 24-inch

No plate bouncing. Must extend hips fully on both box jumps and DLs.
On the box jumps, hips must be fully extended before jumping off the box.

What do you guys think you would get to?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
No plate bouncing? Um, they are touch and go, so there WILL be plate bouncing.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Looks pretty intense. But I still dont understand, with all that jumping YOU WILL be fatigued by the time you pull the heavy DLs which means your form will be sacrificed.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
No plate bouncing? Um, they are touch and go, so there WILL be plate bouncing.
You can't avoid it completely but you can't just slam it down and pull it up. touch n go...yes. no rep if you slam it down and up.

Looks pretty intense. But I still dont understand, with all that jumping YOU WILL be fatigued by the time you pull the heavy DLs which means your form will be sacrificed.

Your form may go towards the end, just like a powerlifter's form that sometimes gives a little on a PR or a bodybuilder
getting those extra reps in. Let's be honest, it's impossible to always have strict form but we do your best.
If you are too fatigued to jump, you can step up, but you still must extend (stand straight up) with both feet on the box.

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Your form may go towards the end, just like a powerlifter's form that sometimes gives a little on a PR or a bodybuilder getting those extra reps in. Let's be honest, it's impossible to always have strict form but we do your best.
If you are too fatigued to jump, you can step up, but you still must extend (stand straight up) with both feet on the box.

Yes, form does break on lifts with PLing but it's for PR's attempts not for several reps at a time. That is why PLers take sufficient time to rest so that form is as perfect as it can be to keep the lifter safe. Performing 35 reps at 365 with the jumps after all those other reps means that form has broken down long before the final rep putting the lifter at a greater risk of injury.

I would also argue that most bber's form is shit to begin with so they don't have to wait for fatigue to set in before their lift looks sloppy.

We used to perform circuits like that back in the day but we would use a weight like 225lbs for reps and not try to work with something like 365lbs.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Nobody is going to get to 365 x 35 lol You need a 700+ DL to do that anyways without all the extra reps and box jumps.
The test is only 8 minutes long. Get as far as you can. (AMRAP - as many reps as possible) I'm shooting for 315.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I realize it's not all done in one set but the goal is to get through the entire thing which is why someone wrote it out like that.

Your form will go to shit long before the sets with 365. That's my point. Sacificing form for reps which equals injury which is why CF's seem to be hurt all the time. I see more rocktape on a single CF (shoulders, back, knees, etc) than I do in a Oly gym with 10 lifters training.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I do conditioning days like this.

Even at 330 lbs I'd get all the way through this.... probably in 20 minutes though. LOL

After my meet I'll run a day with this same split and see.... now I'm curious..... thanks for posting.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I think it's funny strongmen competitors lose form all the time just to get through the event and nobody bats an eye.
Crossfit does it and ohhh noooo this stuff is TERRIBLE FOR YOU!

I made it 144 reps
That is is made it to 315 lbs x 14 counting everything before it @ 177lbs (I know...crossfit has me cutting weight but the poundages on big lifts are still going up)
That's top 23 out of 10,000 in the NW. More scores will come in through Monday but I'll happy with that. It was ALL OUT no doubt.

Last edited:
C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Honestly, I got done with that and I'm ready to try it again on Monday at 11am.
This was a 6Pm workout with everyone watching. I have better workouts and lifts
earlier in the day.

Also note, I did step ups on the box the entire time. It was more efficient. I was worried
doing jumps would fatigue me too much and I wanted to make it to at least the 315 round.
Lightweight by itself...but under the time restraint and box step ups...it was intense.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic