Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Critique my cutting workout

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Hey, id have to go with glyco, atw and more elaborately adjos.

Brutha, there is no such thing as a cutting workout. Only a diet. If you are not familiar with these concepts theres tons more research avaliable.
First the key when dieting is to maintain as much muscle size as you can. You do this in combination of many dietary factors and keeping your poundages as heavy as you have. NO high rep. High reps again are not the way, in fact its possible high reps could lose muscle size hence indirectly contribute to muscle loss and decrease in metabolism. Long story lol. Just listen to what aj says, goid advice.
Carb cycling is not keto. Its a mode of dieting un which one plans out say five days of eatung. During that time one ingests different daily total amounts of carbs. For example 2-3 days of low carbs (50-89) then 2-3days of moderately low carbs (100/200), then one day of higher carbs +400. This is very simplified check tid diet section and google or just open a post n ask. Anyway, the science behind this diet is that , when any of us diet our body through naturak process if homeostasis , will adjust itself to the reduction in calories or macros by slowing down the metabolism. Thats bad, what you want if you are used to eatin n burnin 4900 cals., then you try to reduce the macronutrients and/ or cals. On a periodic pattern, however you keep revving high and prolong this adjustment by varying your intake of food. For example my suggestion run for 5 days, then keep repeating cycle. As always monitor your progress by having bf% measured every week or two. Cuz you are concerned with fat loss not weight loss. The scale lies. As mentioned how you impose these adjustements may depend on many individual variables, hence the questons asking about your stats

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
I like to add that, ive personally used carb cycling fir myself and many of the kids that hire me to train them with success. Im one that prefers carb cycling over low or no carb diets that i oppose. Although many people find different ones work fir them. My first of only a few contests that i entered, all natural to boot way back , i placed 3rd in my first, with only trial and error as my teacher. Carb cycling enabled me to remain stronger resulting in fuller muscles, where some experienced guys placed lower cuz they were si smooth from depleted glycogen reserves. Ive never forgotten that

Benchingover500

Benchingover500

Jun 19, 2011
In regards to your diet.
How old are you (roughly) mid late 20's 30's 40's?
How tall are you?
How much do you weigh?
What is your bodyfat %? (just take a guess)
That will help me better assess your diet.

Let me give you an example of a chest workout I would do in your case.

1. Incline dumbell. set one 130's 15 reps set 2 150's 8-10 reps set 3 160's 4-6 reps.

2. Dumbell Flat press set one 120's 15 reps set 2 145's 8-19 reps set 3 155's 4-6 reps

3. Hammer strength press 4 plates 12 reps, 5 plate 10 reps 5 plates 10 reps

4. Flies on machine set one 2/3's stack 20 reps 3/4's stack 15 reps 3/4's stack 15 reps

so you get a mixture of ALL reps schemes but you still sling some good heavy weight. I believe this is an important component of keeping size and strength while dieting.

You want your blood sugar to drop down low at certain points in the day by doing so your body is more often able to use bodyfat as a source of fuel, low carb diets with an increase in good dietary fats i.e. omega 3's will help get your body to be in a more cutting type environment.
Theres more too it than that but its the easiest way I can sum it up in a sentence or 2. Take a look into carb cycling.
With a high protein diet, which is based on bodyweight, and why I asked for stats.

Thanks, I tried your suggestion today with my workout. I like it. I think my diet has too much food. I am thinking of dropping a few things. What do you think? I will put together a carb cycling diet and post it.

Benchingover500

Benchingover500

Jun 19, 2011
I like to add that, ive personally used carb cycling fir myself and many of the kids that hire me to train them with success. Im one that prefers carb cycling over low or no carb diets that i oppose. Although many people find different ones work fir them. My first of only a few contests that i entered, all natural to boot way back , i placed 3rd in my first, with only trial and error as my teacher. Carb cycling enabled me to remain stronger resulting in fuller muscles, where some experienced guys placed lower cuz they were si smooth from depleted glycogen reserves. Ive never forgotten that

Ok, thanks. Did you take any chromium with the carb cycling?

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Thanks, I tried your suggestion today with my workout. I like it. I think my diet has too much food. I am thinking of dropping a few things. What do you think? I will put together a carb cycling diet and post it.

Your meal frequency looks fine but for a guy 260 I would like to see you hit at least 1.5 grams per pound of lean tissue which in your case you could use bodyweight being at 11%.

Carb cycling for me was best at 5 days of low carb and then 2 days of high carb.

Usually I did mon-fri as low days sat&sun as high days.

Psychologically this follows most workweek weekend type schedules and is easy to follow like that.

Now...I eventually broke it down into low low , med low, and high low days, and then med high and high high on my higher carb days.

For now I would suggest keeping it simple and just doing static low days for 5 days and static high days on high days.

Increase your dietary fats with the last 2 meals and dont consume any glucose producing carbs with them unless one happens to be subsequent to training.
Start there post up what your gonna do and we'll take a look.

Benchingover500

Benchingover500

Jun 19, 2011
Update: I lost 13 pounds and I can see the emergence of a 6 -pack. I will change my workout after this week... I will post it for critique.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
I like what was said about the cycling regarding the higher carb days on weekends , a diet works that can adjust to your life. I personally don't use chromium alone but I do use a host of vitamins and supplements. You have youth and some good size. Also the right attitude. Aj know his shit, so watch n learn and carry on.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic