Pullups 4 x 15
Pulldowns 4 x 15
Barbell Row 4 x 15
Cable Row 4 x 15
Pullovers 4 x 15
Seated Calf Raises 4 x 15
Standing Calf Raises 4 x 15
Donkey Calf Raises 4 x 15

Abs is done 1st thing in the morning on an empty stomach every other day.

: Quads/Hamstrings

Leg Extension & Leg Curl ( Superset ) 4 x 15
Front Squats & Seated Leg Curl ( Superset ) 4 x 15
Lunges 4 x 15

: Rest Day

: Shoulders/Biceps

Dumbbell Shoulder Press 4 x 15
Military Press 4 x 15
Lateral Raises 4 x 15
Front Raises 4 x 15
Rear Raises 4 x 15
Barbell Curls 4 x 15
Dumbbell Curls 4 x 15
Hammer Curls 4 x15
Abs is done 1st thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

: Chest/ Calves

Incline Chest Press 4 x15
Flat Bench Press 4 x15
Dumbbell Flys 4 x15
Cable Crossovers 4 x15
Seated Calf Raises 4 x 15
Standing Calf Raises 4 x 15
Donkey Calf Raises 4 x 15

Saturday: Core

20 Push-ups
20 Bench Dips
20 Lunges/Step up
20 Crunches
20 Diamond Push-ups
20 Chin-ups
20 Scissor Kicks
3min Cardio JUMPING Jacks
30 Leg Raises
Oblique Crunches (each side) 1 30
Push-Up Basic 1 30
Lunges 20 each leg
Tricep Push-ups 1 30
3min JUMP ROPE/Jacks
Sumo Squats 1 30-50
Pull-Ups 1 20
Lunges 1 30
Leg Raises 1 30 ( Each Leg)
Jump Rope/Jacks 1.5mins
Bench Dips 30
3 min Cardio JUMP ROPE
Push Ups on Swiss Ball 30
Sunday: Rest Day

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
This means FFFFFffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuck-all if your diet is shit.

Benchingover500

Benchingover500

Jun 19, 2011
I know that. I asked about the workout.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
is saturday like a cross fit day? it seems to me that you are sadly lacking in the leg workout department. they are a huge muscle group and they dont appear to be getting their share of the work. if i was cutting i would think a great leg workout would be key as it would burn a ton of calories. although, as glyco pointed out, i dont think it matters what your workout looks like if your diet isnt on point then you arent going to see any results with a "cutting" workout.

so what is your diet and macro breakdown and calories etc?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
This means FFFFFffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuck-all if your diet is shit.

is saturday like a cross fit day? it seems to me that you are sadly lacking in the leg workout department. they are a huge muscle group and they dont appear to be getting their share of the work. if i was cutting i would think a great leg workout would be key as it would burn a ton of calories. although, as glyco pointed out, i dont think it matters what your workout looks like if your diet isnt on point then you arent going to see any results with a "cutting" workout.

so what is your diet and macro breakdown and calories etc?

30822954_this.gif

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Well you do whatever workouts you did to grow brother.
This is what stands out to me all your sets of 4 are for 15 reps.

Alot of trainees think that high reps means some extra caloric burning and extra definition.

I can tell you as glyco so eloquently pointed out your diet is numero uno as to fat loss and muscle retention.

This is my suggestion, still keep the weights heavy.
Anyone who has kept any appreciable muscle on a diet still pushed heavy weights, if you want to do 15 reps sets also then thats fine but never drop the 4-6 rep range with a nice heavy weight.

I would reccomend some sort of a diet constructed on higher protein lowered carbs with carbs timed at specific points of the day, i.e. early morning and pwo.
Some sort of carb cycling employed in there as well.
Also cardio should be what you do in the morning on an empty stomach, anything that requires a good muscle contraction would do better with some glucose to use.
Do abs at the end of other workouts that you do with smaller bodyparts like shoulders/chest/arms etc...

Other than that for the most part your bodypart selection and exercise selection looks ok.

Benchingover500

Benchingover500

Jun 19, 2011
Yeah Saturday is my calisthenics day. I cut back on the legs on leg day because it doesn't take much for them to start growing and so I don't want them to start growing as they are big enough.

My diet is as follows. I want to stay at or below 2000 calories. Let me know what you think.

830-9am 1 scoop whey, 2 oz Grapefruit juice , 8oz cup coffee

10-1015am 4 oz turkey, 1 cup cooked steel cut oats, 1/4 cup almonds

12:30pm 7oz chicken, 2 cups brown rice

3-330pm 1.5 cups turkey/ 12oz sweet potato

5pm (pre- workout ) 1 scoop whey, 2 white rice cakes

7:30(post- wkout) 1 scoop whey

8:30-9 7 oz White fish, 1 cup of mixed greens, carrots, prune , 1 tspn olive oil

11-11:30 2oz turkey, a cup greens, 1/4 cup almonds

Benchingover500

Benchingover500

Jun 19, 2011
Well you do whatever workouts you did to grow brother.
This is what stands out to me all your sets of 4 are for 15 reps.

Alot of trainees think that high reps means some extra caloric burning and extra definition.

I can tell you as glyco so eloquently pointed out your diet is numero uno as to fat loss and muscle retention.

This is my suggestion, still keep the weights heavy.
Anyone who has kept any appreciable muscle on a diet still pushed heavy weights, if you want to do 15 reps sets also then thats fine but never drop the 4-6 rep range with a nice heavy weight.

I would reccomend some sort of a diet constructed on higher protein lowered carbs with carbs timed at specific points of the day, i.e. early morning and pwo.
Some sort of carb cycling employed in there as well.
Also cardio should be what you do in the morning on an empty stomach, anything that requires a good muscle contraction would do better with some glucose to use.
Do abs at the end of other workouts that you do with smaller bodyparts like shoulders/chest/arms etc...

Other than that for the most part your bodypart selection and exercise selection looks ok.

So are you saying that you would do something like 2 sets of heavy say at 8-10 and 2 sets of 15 reps... I am not really familiar with Carb cycling. You mean promoting ketogenesis? I will change my workout to do the abs at the end.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
So are you saying that you would do something like 2 sets of heavy say at 8-10 and 2 sets of 15 reps... I am not really familiar with Carb cycling. You mean promoting ketogenesis? I will change my workout to do the abs at the end.

In regards to your diet.
How old are you (roughly) mid late 20's 30's 40's?
How tall are you?
How much do you weigh?
What is your bodyfat %? (just take a guess)
That will help me better assess your diet.

Let me give you an example of a chest workout I would do in your case.

1. Incline dumbell. set one 130's 15 reps set 2 150's 8-10 reps set 3 160's 4-6 reps.

2. Dumbell Flat press set one 120's 15 reps set 2 145's 8-19 reps set 3 155's 4-6 reps

3. Hammer strength press 4 plates 12 reps, 5 plate 10 reps 5 plates 10 reps

4. Flies on machine set one 2/3's stack 20 reps 3/4's stack 15 reps 3/4's stack 15 reps

so you get a mixture of ALL reps schemes but you still sling some good heavy weight. I believe this is an important component of keeping size and strength while dieting.

You want your blood sugar to drop down low at certain points in the day by doing so your body is more often able to use bodyfat as a source of fuel, low carb diets with an increase in good dietary fats i.e. omega 3's will help get your body to be in a more cutting type environment.
Theres more too it than that but its the easiest way I can sum it up in a sentence or 2. Take a look into carb cycling.
With a high protein diet, which is based on bodyweight, and why I asked for stats.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
In regards to your diet.
How old are you (roughly) mid late 20's 30's 40's?
How tall are you?
How much do you weigh?
What is your bodyfat %? (just take a guess)

1. Incline dumbell. set one 130's 15 reps set 2 150's 8-10 reps set 3 160's 4-6 reps.

2. Dumbell Flat press set one 120's 15 reps set 2 145's 8-19 reps set 3 155's 4-6 reps

4. Flies on machine set one 2/3's stack 20 reps 3/4's stack 15 reps 3/4's stack 15 reps

so you get a mixture of ALL reps schemes but you still sling some good heavy weight. I believe this is an important component of keeping size and strength while dieting.

You want your blood sugar to drop down low at certain points in the day by doing so your body is more often able to use bodyfat as a source of fuel, low carb diets with an increase in good dietary fats i.e. omega 3's will help get your body to be in a more cutting type environment.
Theres more too it than that but its the easiest way I can sum it up in a sentence or 2. Take a look into carb cycling.
With a high protein diet, which is based on bodyweight, and why I asked for stats.

Nice synopsis.

Benchingover500

Benchingover500

Jun 19, 2011
Thanks bro. Here is the answer to your questions:

How old are you (roughly) mid late 20's 30's 40's? 30's
How tall are you? 6'
How much do you weigh? ' 261lbs
What is your bodyfat %? (just take a guess) I thought 17% but the machine the gym says 11%

so you get a mixture of ALL reps schemes but you still sling some good heavy weight. I believe this is an important component of keeping size and strength while dieting. Oh, ok. so to make sure that you aren't loosing muscle while you cut.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic