Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Covid Vaccine

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
More kids are testing positive...and being admitted. I know 2 kids....1 in ICU....the other on med surg floor.

Text from a friend regarding her nephew.

WOW!!!!....Sorry to hear this!...My heart goes out to them!!!!....I was hoping that COVID wouldn't progress to this level....I have 3 daughters(all in their twenties) and 2 granddaughters (8 weeks and 2year old)!....I was hoping it would be contained before rampaging our children!!!....I wish and hope for the BEST for this family and of course the little one suffering this outrage!!!!!.....

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Texas Healthcare short ataffed. looking for additional RNs. Increased regular and OT hourly rates. Meal plan, housing and transportation to facilities given in addition to salary....Med Surg RNs.

A Texas school district is temporarily closing after 2 teachers died from COVID-19 within days of each other (msn.com)

More kids are testing positive...and being admitted. I know 2 kids....1 in ICU....the other on med surg floor.

Text from a friend regarding her nephew.

Man, I just really don't understand this, mainly from people in the medical field.

There are drugs that work and people don't have to die.

Period.

The tests are not accurate but they are being used anyways.

You don't have to respond but every time you post this stuff, think about how none of this has to happen.

Half my family are super libs. Masks, vaccines and even afraid to leave the house. My sister took her kids again to be tested and they told her not to come back to be tested unless any of them have symptoms. They are just wasting everyone's time. This falls in line with the doctors being cancelled for saying asymptomatic is bullshit.

They don't understand because the news says get tested regardless.

Thanks for your time.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
“What to Know About the Unusual RSV Outbreak”
An expert's advice on another virus that's a risk to children

While COVID-19 continues, a new surge in cases of another respiratory illness has doctors alarmed. A summer spike in instances of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) has spread across the country even though the illness typically peaks during the fall and winter.

What makes matters more concerning is that RSV is highly contagious and is particularly prevalent among children. This outbreak further complicates a new school year that already faces unprecedented challenges thanks to the delta variant-fueled COVID-19 spread.

To better understand what RSV is, what’s going on with the current outbreak and to learn how to protect your children and yourself from the virus, we spoke with pediatric infectious disease expert Camille Sabella, MD.

What is RSV?
Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is a seasonal respiratory virus that’s highly contagious and mostly affects children. While adults can also develop RSV infections, it’s most common among young children, especially those under 2 years of age.

Symptoms in infants can include:

Runny nose.
Fever (though not always present).
Sneezing.
Coughing.
Decreased appetite.
In older children and adults, additional symptoms can include:

Runny nose.
Congestion.
Mild headache.
Sore throat.
Fever.
Cough.
Tiredness.
Serious cases can cause respiratory distress and failure and even develop into pneumonia or bronchitis.

“The older you are, the better the chance that you’ve had it before, says Dr. Sabella. “So there’s some protection provided in adults even if they’re still susceptible to infection. They just tend to have more mild symptoms.”

Typically a seasonal disorder running from late fall to early spring, like the flu, a summer surge in RSV cases has doctors stumped. “It’s a bit of a different phenomenon right now,” says Dr. Sabella. “We usually don’t start seeing RSV rising until November or December, so this is very unusual.”

Why are cases of RSV rising?
The strange part, says Dr. Sabella, is that healthcare providers still don’t yet know what’s caused RSV to surge out of season. “What’s particularly strange is that since the COVID-19 pandemic hit the U.S. in the spring of 2020, RSV almost completely disappeared,” he said.

It’s possible that as COVID-19 guidelines – like masks, social distancing and improved hand hygiene – helped curtail RSV cases for a while, and the relaxation of those guidelines in the wake of the vaccine rollout also fueled this RSV rise.

How long is RSV contagious?
Most people who become infected with RSV are contagious for three to eight days, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). However, the organization also notes, “some infants and people with weakened immune systems can spread the virus even after they stop showing symptoms, for as long as four weeks.”

Part of why RSV is so common among children is how it’s passed around. Not only can you catch it from infected droplets in the cough or sneeze of an infected person, but the virus also lives on surfaces and objects.

It’s incredibly easy to become infected simply by touching a doorknob that has the virus and then touching your face before washing your hands. While the virus may not live on your hands for very long, it can live on surfaces for hours at a time, says the CDC.

How to protect your child
Because RSV is so contagious and easy to pass around, anything you can do to help protect your children – and yourself – is key.

RSV is more likely to spread through contact, Dr. Sabella points out, so proper hand hygiene is an important step in protection. “Washing your hands thoroughly is the best way to protect yourself against the virus,” he says. “That’s not always easy to do with infants and young children, so parents have to be vigilant.”

Additionally, keep surfaces wiped down and clean. “Because this virus can live for a time on inanimate objects, keeping toys and other common things that your children handle wiped down is vital,” he adds.

Washing with soap and warm water and wiping them down with disinfectants are good ways to keep these surfaces and objects clean.

What treatments are available for RSV?
Unfortunately, Dr. Sabella notes, there are no specific treatments for RSV. “It’s mainly supportive treatments,” he says, “like hydration or even oxygen therapy if their oxygen level is low or there are respiratory issues.”

If patients develop respiratory distress or pneumonia, he adds, hospitalization might occur to help support the patient but, beyond that, it’s mostly just letting the virus run its course.

Right now, an RSV vaccine is not available, although several vaccines are in clinical trials — including an mRNA-based one developed by Moderna. Children under the age of 24 months with certain lung or heart conditions might also benefit from a monthly preventative injection of monoclonal antibodies (a medicine known as SYNAGIS) that can reduce the risk of severe RSV lung infections.

How can you tell the difference between RSV and COVID-19?
Because RSV and COVID-19 share similar symptoms, many parents might be concerned about differentiating between the two. Unfortunately, says Dr. Sabella, there’s really no way of knowing short of getting a test.

“It’s very difficult to distinguish COVID-19 from RSV from other respiratory viruses, which are also prevalent at this time, without specific testing,” he says. “Fortunately, most children with RSV or COVID-19 experience relatively mild symptoms.”

Still, he says, you should call your child’s pediatrician or primary care provider if they develop respiratory issues.

I wonder how many Covid cases are being mistaken for RSV considering all the false positive test results from Covid testing.

J

J2048b

MuscleHead
Jul 2, 2012
“What to Know About the Unusual RSV Outbreak”
An expert's advice on another virus that's a risk to children

While COVID-19 continues, a new surge in cases of another respiratory illness has doctors alarmed. A summer spike in instances of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) has spread across the country even though the illness typically peaks during the fall and winter.

What makes matters more concerning is that RSV is highly contagious and is particularly prevalent among children. This outbreak further complicates a new school year that already faces unprecedented challenges thanks to the delta variant-fueled COVID-19 spread.

To better understand what RSV is, what’s going on with the current outbreak and to learn how to protect your children and yourself from the virus, we spoke with pediatric infectious disease expert Camille Sabella, MD.

What is RSV?
Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is a seasonal respiratory virus that’s highly contagious and mostly affects children. While adults can also develop RSV infections, it’s most common among young children, especially those under 2 years of age.

Symptoms in infants can include:

Runny nose.
Fever (though not always present).
Sneezing.
Coughing.
Decreased appetite.
In older children and adults, additional symptoms can include:

Runny nose.
Congestion.
Mild headache.
Sore throat.
Fever.
Cough.
Tiredness.
Serious cases can cause respiratory distress and failure and even develop into pneumonia or bronchitis.

“The older you are, the better the chance that you’ve had it before, says Dr. Sabella. “So there’s some protection provided in adults even if they’re still susceptible to infection. They just tend to have more mild symptoms.”

Typically a seasonal disorder running from late fall to early spring, like the flu, a summer surge in RSV cases has doctors stumped. “It’s a bit of a different phenomenon right now,” says Dr. Sabella. “We usually don’t start seeing RSV rising until November or December, so this is very unusual.”

Why are cases of RSV rising?
The strange part, says Dr. Sabella, is that healthcare providers still don’t yet know what’s caused RSV to surge out of season. “What’s particularly strange is that since the COVID-19 pandemic hit the U.S. in the spring of 2020, RSV almost completely disappeared,” he said.

It’s possible that as COVID-19 guidelines – like masks, social distancing and improved hand hygiene – helped curtail RSV cases for a while, and the relaxation of those guidelines in the wake of the vaccine rollout also fueled this RSV rise.

How long is RSV contagious?
Most people who become infected with RSV are contagious for three to eight days, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). However, the organization also notes, “some infants and people with weakened immune systems can spread the virus even after they stop showing symptoms, for as long as four weeks.”

Part of why RSV is so common among children is how it’s passed around. Not only can you catch it from infected droplets in the cough or sneeze of an infected person, but the virus also lives on surfaces and objects.

It’s incredibly easy to become infected simply by touching a doorknob that has the virus and then touching your face before washing your hands. While the virus may not live on your hands for very long, it can live on surfaces for hours at a time, says the CDC.

How to protect your child
Because RSV is so contagious and easy to pass around, anything you can do to help protect your children – and yourself – is key.

RSV is more likely to spread through contact, Dr. Sabella points out, so proper hand hygiene is an important step in protection. “Washing your hands thoroughly is the best way to protect yourself against the virus,” he says. “That’s not always easy to do with infants and young children, so parents have to be vigilant.”

Additionally, keep surfaces wiped down and clean. “Because this virus can live for a time on inanimate objects, keeping toys and other common things that your children handle wiped down is vital,” he adds.

Washing with soap and warm water and wiping them down with disinfectants are good ways to keep these surfaces and objects clean.

What treatments are available for RSV?
Unfortunately, Dr. Sabella notes, there are no specific treatments for RSV. “It’s mainly supportive treatments,” he says, “like hydration or even oxygen therapy if their oxygen level is low or there are respiratory issues.”

If patients develop respiratory distress or pneumonia, he adds, hospitalization might occur to help support the patient but, beyond that, it’s mostly just letting the virus run its course.

Right now, an RSV vaccine is not available, although several vaccines are in clinical trials — including an mRNA-based one developed by Moderna. Children under the age of 24 months with certain lung or heart conditions might also benefit from a monthly preventative injection of monoclonal antibodies (a medicine known as SYNAGIS) that can reduce the risk of severe RSV lung infections.

How can you tell the difference between RSV and COVID-19?
Because RSV and COVID-19 share similar symptoms, many parents might be concerned about differentiating between the two. Unfortunately, says Dr. Sabella, there’s really no way of knowing short of getting a test.

“It’s very difficult to distinguish COVID-19 from RSV from other respiratory viruses, which are also prevalent at this time, without specific testing,” he says. “Fortunately, most children with RSV or COVID-19 experience relatively mild symptoms.”

Still, he says, you should call your child’s pediatrician or primary care provider if they develop respiratory issues.

I wonder how many Covid cases are being mistaken for RSV considering all the false positive test results from Covid testing.
Thats crazy i say as my oldest has had a couch and super runny nose for a week now, and tested negative for the vid 2 or 3 times

On another forum a dude posted he had been tested 3 times over a 3 week period and the 4rth time he tested positive and nas the vid.... Weird why would u come up negative 3 times if u truly had it? Or is there something like ethyl olene or another E. O. on that swab...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Thats crazy i say as my oldest has had a couch and super runny nose for a week now, and tested negative for the vid 2 or 3 times

On another forum a dude posted he had been tested 3 times over a 3 week period and the 4rth time he tested positive and nas the vid.... Weird why would u come up negative 3 times if u truly had it? Or is there something like ethyl olene or another E. O. on that swab...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Good point?....Can anyone explain?....

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
I understand your calculation and believe the deaths, diagnosis weigh more on the World and its Health system than your calc implies.

so for me, it is not just the total deaths, but the residual effects of those that have survived. friends that have been out of work for over 1 year. We asked for donations to buy school supplies, tablets for kids with parents still out of work. Yes, trying to use my time to the best while being on Medical leave. I explained in a post....there are Neurological issues for some, Cardiac issue for others....and of course Pulmonary challenges. One RN i work with has been restricted on giving medication and inserting IVs just to name two. There is something Neurologically going on, but he has been cleared for Light Duty, because the facility is short staffed.

So I cram to understand how lives were affected by the .019% deaths, if the average person is believed to associate with over 200 people. Moreover, the 30 to 40mil that tested positive. Not all bounce back 100%.

Please understand, that I mean no disrespect, nor to challenge or debate. My view through the Prism is a tad different. Just different.

Everything is not black and white....Fuzzy Logic

Love you my Board Brother.

The largely processed packaged, seed oil, sugar guzzling, alcohol indulging, cig smoking, pharma med dependent, overweight and obese, multi-chronic diseased western population is what weighs most heavily on the so called “Health” system.
And it’s not a health system, it’s a business model customer craving disease “management” profit driven mega institution. CURE a patient — lose a customer.
The entire consumer system is driven by unhealthy, imbalanced, irrational obsessive indulgent manipulations.

Big_paul

Big_paul

MuscleHead
May 14, 2014
There are drugs that work and people don't have to die.
It should be clear to any intelligent human being that the only true option is a safe and well tested vaccination and wearing a mask indoors.

I'm sick of it all as well, but the solution has never been more clear.

Big_paul

Big_paul

MuscleHead
May 14, 2014
The largely processed packaged, seed oil, sugar guzzling, alcohol indulging, cig smoking, pharma med dependent, overweight and obese, multi-chronic diseased western population is what weighs most heavily on the so called “Health” system.
And it’s not a health system, it’s a business model customer craving disease “management” profit driven mega institution. CURE a patient — lose a customer.
The entire consumer system is driven by unhealthy, imbalanced, irrational obsessive indulgent manipulations.
Thought provoking yet so completely confused.

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
It should be clear to any intelligent human being that the only true option is a safe and well tested vaccination and wearing a mask indoors.

I'm sick of it all as well, but the solution has never been more clear.

Current administration agrees with this. Vax now mandatory for those who work for companies with 100 employees or more.

Mandatory too for hospital workers whose hospitals receive money from Medicare/Medicaid.

Pretty soon the unvaxxed will be loaded onto cattle cars and carted off to concentration camps. Just ask the Aussies.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic