Latest Member
Nickobat
What's New?

Covid Restrictions Lifted

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Only took 3 years but my company lifted all restrictions starting this month. No more mandates mask wearing or weekly testing for the unvaccinated. Moving everyone back to open office. Not sure if we will go back to 5 days a week vs 3.
When they went to 3 days a week in July 2021 they lost a lot of people who found remote jobs.
For now the nightmare of covid control is over.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
My hospital is lifting masks except at the bedside this month. I’m shocked there’s companies still mandating (that aren’t direct patient care)
The Mrs is a hospice nurse. Some facilities have a mandate. Some do not. Because she travels she just wears it. She said the minute Covid shows up they blame outside sources. She’s aware that it’s not the be all end all fix some think it is. But it makes her days easier. Took her 2.5 years to actually get Covid and was like a mild cold for her. When she was a staff nurse in the beginning of Covid she was on the Covid unit. Still didn’t get it.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
The Mrs is a hospice nurse. Some facilities have a mandate. Some do not. Because she travels she just wears it. She said the minute Covid shows up they blame outside sources. She’s aware that it’s not the be all end all fix some think it is. But it makes her days easier. Took her 2.5 years to actually get Covid and was like a mild cold for her. When she was a staff nurse in the beginning of Covid she was on the Covid unit. Still didn’t get it.
It’s crazy I was in the Emergency Dept from March thru August at the height of the pandemic in NJ and never got it. My wife and daughter also never got it despite both of us working in hospitals from the onset. I could definitely see every single nursing home director blaming the hospice nurse if/when an outbreak occurred in their facility

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
It’s crazy I was in the Emergency Dept from March thru August at the height of the pandemic in NJ and never got it. My wife and daughter also never got it despite both of us working in hospitals from the onset. I could definitely see every single nursing home director blaming the hospice nurse if/when an outbreak occurred in their facility
Yep. She went into a facility a few months ago. Lady had bed bugs. Now you know she came with them in her clothes from home. My wife figured out her skin issues and immediately reported it to the DON and for her efforts she was walked out the back door with a do not return to the facility call to her DON. Lol. Fucking really?

I’m an OTR trucker. And didn’t miss a day during all this until 10/21 I got it. Pretty bad. I was in the hospital with pneumonia and they wanted to put me on oxygen but I refused and asked for them breathing exercise things and when my O2 would drop I would do them and bring it right back up. I’d seen a few people go on oxygen and that was it. Next was a vent. Next was the morgue. I just knew I was not allowing them to put me on oxygen.

I don’t know if what I did was the fix. Or I just healed.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Still waiting for the VA to lift their mandate. I figured it would have happened by now. There is not a day I am sitting at the clinic a veteran does not get agitated with the staff over the mask. A couple times, I thought I was going to have to choke a MF'er out it got so bad and one time I showed up and the cops were dragging a dude out in bracelets and leg irons. He went ballistic when he was told to put a mask on. It is not the staff's fault. They can actually be fired for not enforcing it, but VA policy is putting them at risk.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I guess we were lucky. Never had to test. Only thing we had was we could not sit in another person's office for more than 5 minutes. Had to zoom everything. Way better than NY or Commiefornia.

Covid one of the biggest scams perpetrated against the people for corporations profit ever.

I do miss FAR less traffic.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
i do miss FAR less traffic.
Here’s a statistic. Trucker related accidents went down 98% when cars were removed from the equation. Trucker deaths was 97% I believe.
Was eerie driving with no real car traffic though. But was nice.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Here’s a statistic. Trucker related accidents went down 98% when cars were removed from the equation. Trucker deaths was 97% I believe.
Was eerie driving with no real car traffic though. But was nice.
Wow! I rode my bike a lot. I came close to topping my 1000 out but got chicken at 170 mph and let off. Not a car in sight, 4 lanes of bliss.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic