Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Remy14
What's New?

Corona Virus. How much of a threat is it?

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
All the data coming in shows theres a large percentage of the population which has the disease and have gone untested for. What that number is is largely irrelevant whether it is 25% or 50%. The original point of view was that the virus does not warrant the stay at home orders which was the point of the doctors in the video. My mentioning the number of asymptomatic carriers was in referance to your comment "12% of all people TESTED were positive does not equate to 12% of the population is positive." That statement works in the favor of what the docs were trying to state. Bottom line is that there is a huge percentage of people that are not tested and have recovered. There is more evidence that favors that statement then not. If I am wrong please provide the data. At the end of the day, this is a bad flu and there is no data proving quarantine works and worth the unintended consequences. I'll be the asshole that says it, but yes it would be worth sacrificing a few lives in order to save the economy
edit: Another study done in LA and Santa Clara show a large number of people with anitbodies. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/21/health/coronavirus-antibodies-california.html

You are the one with the strong opinion so YOU provide the data.

Do I disagree with your opinion? I do not. But there is not good science to back up your claims.

I’m in the “it’s too soon to tell” camp as far as data and the “let’s get back to work (wearing masks)” camp policy wise.

I accept your stance on the issue but the science you present is not sound.

That study in Santa Monica found volunteers through Facebook. The specificity and sensitivity of the serological tests they used was not acceptable to draw at authoritative conclusions; and they stated higher values than even the manufacturer provided.

Fact is we do not have a good serologic test yet.

You want to debate policy. I am looking only at science.

The science is inconclusive. I’m not making statements that one point of view or another is accurate. Only that we do not know.

I appreciate your views on the issues.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Were those from the World Population?....

If I’m not mistaken they were actually Klingon...

@Worf, can you confirm?
890B69F6-F5DB-4299-8370-F6F1E0B48A5A.gif

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Dude needs to leave his house already. I think the 'rona is better than his current mental state.

You leave Worf alone. He’s just been around Data for so long that his people skills are dull.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
You leave Worf alone. He’s just been around Data for so long that his people skills are dull.
Sorry, I'm a Star Wars guy, not Star Trek, keeps me 'Rona free...

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Same video was first posted here in this thread, Post# 552, and quoted in # 553. It's gone viral!

On a side note, those 2 fellows are not ER Docs in the sense we normally think of ER Docs. They co-own an "urgent care" doc-in-a-box place in Bakersfield.
I guess I was late to the party. these doctors seem very well-informed.

A second opinion:

https://www.calmatters.org/health/2020/04/debunking-bakersfield-doctors-covid-spread-conclusions/

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Instead of the name calling, can u please show me why this isn't considered "random"....If u can, my next post will be, "I stand corrected"....;)

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
On a side note, those 2 fellows are not ER Docs in the sense we normally think of ER Docs. They co-own an "urgent care" doc-in-a-box place in Bakersfield

Do they have medical license?...Any mal-practice suits?...Curious?...Does this mean we shouldn't give our buss. to those who own an "urgent care" if they are practicing docs at said facility?...

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
even though the WHO has lost all credibility they have now come out and said they endorse the Swedens lockdown free approach.

looks like they finally got something right this time

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic