SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

cooking chicken breast fillets

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I cook mine in a toaster oven. (the one i got is pretty big) I set it for 300 deg for about 40 min. I like to cook them at a lower temp to keep them from drying out. you can also add a lil olive oil and a bit of water to the bottom of the pan. This keeps them moist.
I do most of my shopping and cooking on sunday. After I cook my chicken breasts, I will cut them into 7 or 8 oz portions. I then individual wrap them in tin foil. and take them to work. At my desk, I have another toaster oven. I'll put them in there set at 300 deg for about 20 mins.

I do not like the taste or texture of chicken after you nuke it. So this seems to work best for me.

You are a friend of TexSon. A toaster oven! Do you run the extension cord from your neighbors house cause your trailer shorts out when you run the toaster oven and keg-o-rator at the same time, lol

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
I cook mine in a toaster oven. (the one i got is pretty big) I set it for 300 deg for about 40 min. I like to cook them at a lower temp to keep them from drying out. you can also add a lil olive oil and a bit of water to the bottom of the pan. This keeps them moist.
I do most of my shopping and cooking on sunday. After I cook my chicken breasts, I will cut them into 7 or 8 oz portions. I then individual wrap them in tin foil. and take them to work. At my desk, I have another toaster oven. I'll put them in there set at 300 deg for about 20 mins.

I do not like the taste or texture of chicken after you nuke it. So this seems to work best for me.

Leave the raw chicken wrapped in the foil when you cook it in the toaster oven (pre-seasoned). That will keep the juices in and keep the breast moist.

You can also go with bnls, sknls thighs, which do not dry out as easily, esp on the grill. Marinated in Italian Dressing is easy and tastes very good.

It must get pretty hot at your desk. Those toaster ovens put out some heat. Not to mention the smell must make your co-workers hungry. LOL!

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
yes, I would stick to olive oil. I dont normally do it that way so not sure how long. It really depends on how thick they are. It's one of those thing you need to just get an idea of how long as you do it a few times. but you can always cut into it and look. When cooked, chicken meat should be white. Not pink.

olive oil has a very low smoke point. I would buy grapeseed oil and cook with that, as it has a much higher smoke point.

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
You can, it also makes a big mess with the oil splattering everywhere. If you cut the chicken into strips like fajitas, it shouldn't take longer then 10-12 minutes to cook em up..

A very easy alternative way is to essentially steam it in the pan. I like to use a decent amount of grapeseed oil, add plenty of water, season the breasts of course, then put a lid on it and cook it at medium-high for 30 minutes or so (until done). This will also keep the breast meat juicy. It will also leave you a nice base for sauce if you want to add pasta and veggies.

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
Wrapping the keg-o-rator with insulation keeps electrical cost down.

JM750

JM750

Jun 16, 2013
You are a friend of TexSon. A toaster oven! Do you run the extension cord from your neighbors house cause your trailer shorts out when you run the toaster oven and keg-o-rator at the same time, lol

LOL ASS! haha It cooks quick, no using gass and the oven takes to long to heat up. It's a waste for me to cook it in the oven. And I don't live in a trailer..... haha

Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
olive oil has a very low smoke point. I would buy grapeseed oil and cook with that, as it has a much higher smoke point.

Nah nah, I use the grape seed oil for my gear. Olive for the pan.............................

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic