Members
Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

cooking chicken breast fillets

K

keys619

Jun 15, 2013
Hi ppl my protein intake has always consisted of eggs,tuna,beef and milk...I know that chicken is perfect source of protein but i have just never cooked them before......can I shallow fry them?.... how long do I oven/grill them for?...any help on this subject would be appreciated... thanks.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Actually eggs are the best source of protein in my opinion, but to cook chicken in the oven, you can put em on the broiler for 30min baking at 350-375.. Its summer time so i do alot of BBQ.. It shouldn't take longer then 10-12 minutes to grill em up.. George Foreman grill is even less then that..but it makes chicken to rubbery in my opinion..

Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
Hi ppl my protein intake has always consisted of eggs,tuna,beef and milk...I know that chicken is perfect source of protein but i have just never cooked them before......can I shallow fry them?.... how long do I oven/grill them for?...any help on this subject would be appreciated... thanks.

I like to season them and throw them in the oven on a pan at 350 for 1/2 hour, then flip and do another 15min. Should be plenty good. Its pretty simple.

Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
My bulker is you take a fairly large deep pan or baking dish and put 2 or 3 cups of brown rice in it. Add the necessary water (should be about 2 1/2 cups H2O per 1 cup rice) but go a little less, say 1/4 cup less per cup of rice to compensate for the juices. Spread it around evenly in the pan and add some salt. Now take your seasoned chicken pieces and arrange them in the pan right on top of the rice and water (you can get a whole cut up chicken or sometimes I just use legs and thighs, depends how much I want to make), thats it............... Cover the pan with foil and put in the oven at 350 (tree fitty) for 1 and 1/2 hours. Start checking under the foil to see where the moisture level is in the rice. If its still bubbling wet, its not ready. When it looks like the water is absorbed in the rice pull the foil off for about 15 min to crisp things up a bit (mmmmmmmmm). Pull it out and BAM!!! You can adjust the chicken to rice ratio based on your taste. Too little rice and it may seem a bit rich, for me anyhow. But if your bulking you will get all those yummy fats and skin juices with it and its gooooood eatin. In the winter there is almost always a pan of that left over in my fridge. Get a little hungry and its right there.

JM750

JM750

Jun 16, 2013
I cook mine in a toaster oven. (the one i got is pretty big) I set it for 300 deg for about 40 min. I like to cook them at a lower temp to keep them from drying out. you can also add a lil olive oil and a bit of water to the bottom of the pan. This keeps them moist.
I do most of my shopping and cooking on sunday. After I cook my chicken breasts, I will cut them into 7 or 8 oz portions. I then individual wrap them in tin foil. and take them to work. At my desk, I have another toaster oven. I'll put them in there set at 300 deg for about 20 mins.

I do not like the taste or texture of chicken after you nuke it. So this seems to work best for me.

K

keys619

Jun 15, 2013
Is it OK to just fry em in a pan with some olive/vegetable oil?.....and if so for how long?

JM750

JM750

Jun 16, 2013
Is it OK to just fry em in a pan with some olive/vegetable oil?.....and if so for how long?

yes, I would stick to olive oil. I dont normally do it that way so not sure how long. It really depends on how thick they are. It's one of those thing you need to just get an idea of how long as you do it a few times. but you can always cut into it and look. When cooked, chicken meat should be white. Not pink.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Buy a probe thermometer at any hardware/grocery store. 165 degrees F is the magic number.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010

You can, it also makes a big mess with the oil splattering everywhere. If you cut the chicken into strips like fajitas, it shouldn't take longer then 10-12 minutes to cook em up..

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Buy bulk chicken. Grill on outside grill. Eat chicken all week. Winning! lol I grill almost every meat. Only ones I don't grill are roasts. I grill all winter too, even when I lived in the north I grilled in the winter.

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
Wow .. how do I cook a chicken breast .. that's a classic , lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic