Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Consistency is Key

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Being consistent is key to success in reaching your goals. Those who succeed in our sports (BBing, P'ling, Strongman) are all consistent. Being consistent increases your chance of succeeding. Those who are not consistent are pretty much guaranteed to fail.

Look at the guys and gals who succeed. All of them have this in common: they show up day in and day out and train. There are no excuses, if it is a training day they are there doing their workout, consistently. But consistency is more than just showing up, it is about having a plan for training and sticking with it. Knowing what has worked in the past and having that as your core training approach, being willing to try new things that seem like good ideas (based on what you already know), and trying them long enough to judge whether they are going to work or not: Consistency is Key.

They eat the same foods day in and day out, so they can keep track of their Kcals and macros. If the diet isn't working, they need to adjust only a few small items to get it working again. They do this month in and month out, all year long, for years and years. Again Consistency is Key.

They get regular sleep and take good care of themselves. The better they do with those, the better they succeed. Consistency is Key.

Consistency does not guarantee success. If you train consistently but don't use your consistent training to find ways to improve on what you are doing, e.g. if your training is stagnant and you don't challenge your body, consistency is not a potion that will magically solve your problems. If your diet is sub-standard and you're not hitting the right macros consistency won't solve your problem. But being consistent can help you solve your problems, by allowing you to keep all other factors the same and change one at a time until you find what works. So consistency is key to problem solving.

We all know those people who show up for a few weeks, do their workout and then disappear for another few weeks. They don't make any progress. But what about the people who show up and do all their workouts but don't show progress? Why are they stagnant? Maybe they are not consistent with their workouts, or maybe they're not using consistency as a tool to figure out what is not working for them? Maybe their diet is sub standard or inconsistent? I guarantee you no matter what it is they are doing wrong, consistency is the key to solving their problems. By keeping track of their training and diet, then changing one thing at a time, they can trouble shoot and find a solution. Without that level of consistency they'll be stuck where they are and unable to fix anything.

So think about it. The next time you are feeling stalled or frustrated with lack of progress. Is consistency the key?

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Woodwise great Thread!

Ive been consistent for 18 years with the whole thing. Through success and failure I will not give up. The only way I've done it is I'm in love with this sport and I will not stop!

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Woodwise great Thread!

Ive been consistent for 18 years with the whole thing. Through success and failure I will not give up. The only way I've done it is I'm in love with this sport and I will not stop!

Yes BM. I have been hard at it training these last 5 years, and very consistent the past 2.5 and during this time have made better and more gains than in any similar period of time before. I finally got my training and diet on point, and started AAS 2.5 years ago. No matter what aspect of this I consider, the secret to my success has been consistency -- doing the same thing day in and day out, tweaking it a little here, and a little there to see where the big gains can be had, and getting better and better at it all the while!

I now believe the reason I did not go far in my previous 25 to 30 years of training is I was not consistent. I would work out for a few months, maybe a few years, then stop for various reasons. My diet was a mess and my training was stagnant. Finally I got sick of having no gains and I decided I had only one more chance to get to my goals so I'd better not let anything get in my way. That is when I became truly consistent and more dedicated than ever before.

Since then I found the more consistent I am with all of this, the better my gains are.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic