Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Competed in my first PowerLifting Meet yesterday...

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
My squat and dead were good enough for a couple of records:
Now when you're providing encouragement to other people who are going to compete in their first powerlifting event, you can tell them "hey, don't get too nervous, it's not like people set any records the first time they compete,...well I did, but for other normal people who aren't as awesome as me, they won't set any records at their first...."

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Thanks again everyone. I had so much fun. This was the best weekend and birthday of my life. I turned 46 yesterday. :)

Mrs Flex was so supportive it was just awesome.

She's only been back in the gym a little over a month after a year off, but she was all amped up and wants to do a meet with me next year. I think that would be fcuking amazing. :D

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
Thanks again everyone. I had so much fun. This was the best weekend and birthday of my life. I turned 46 yesterday. :)

Mrs Flex was so supportive it was just awesome.

She's only been back in the gym a little over a month after a year off, but she was all amped up and wants to do a meet with me next year. I think that would be fcuking amazing. :D

Happy belated birthday you old fart...mine is the 19th ;)

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
My squat and dead were good enough for a couple of records:

RPS_Record.jpg

:D
Setting records with gas left in the tank. I think that says something about your squat and dead. Strong mother****er.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Awesome Flex!

now get that bench up and have another record there!

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Awesome stuff brother you can see how pumped you were in the squat video you unracked-squatted-racked that thing so fast, lol. It was really fun to watch. As for your shoulder I think your form is off just a bit you are accepting the bar a bit too high and you aren't letting the weight settle into you (or sink in to you) prior to performing the weight. When you receive the hand off let your shoulders sink all the way back into the bench before you start to lower the weight, this will do 2 things 1: reduce the range of motion you have to lift the weight 2:tighten up your shoulder girdle and give you a stronger more stable platform to lift from. Anyway, great job! Super proud of you man!

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
Excellent start props to you for getting the first one under your belt . When I look at your pics and vids I always think " something about him reminds me of Ed Coan " .

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Not trying to milk this or anythign, but since I know the RPS is a relatively new federation, I wanted to see how I stack up overall.

Paid my fee to PowerliftingWatch today so I could see the current rankings across all federations.

For 2013 I am ranked 8th for my class/weight in the Squat, 9th for total, and if I had pulled just 5 more lbs on the deadlift I would have edged out #30 and got on the board to tie with #29.

Not even close to being on the board on bench....

I wish I had looked into this BEFORE the comp. LOL.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Not trying to milk this or anythign, but since I know the RPS is a relatively new federation, I wanted to see how I stack up overall.

Paid my fee to PowerliftingWatch today so I could see the current rankings across all federations.

For 2013 I am ranked 8th for my class/weight in the Squat, 9th for total, and if I had pulled just 5 more lbs on the deadlift I would have edged out #30 and got on the board to tie with #29.

Not even close to being on the board on bench....

I wish I had looked into this BEFORE the comp. LOL.

Lol... I saw your pics on the RPS homepage

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
Nice work man...those numbers are awesome for anyone!

Hawk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic