Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Clenbuterol - long term side effects

P

paxman1

Jul 8, 2013
I've read quite a lot articles about clenbuterol and since I've never used it before, I'm most concerned about it's side effects. There are plenty of short-term side effects, but I couldn't find any information on long term, permanent side effects. To be more precise, how much damage would I make to heart if I would run it for 2x2 weeks? I know that I should take 5000 mg of Taurine and 1000 mg of Potassium with it, but still: should I be worried?

Hittin

Hittin

VIP Member
Jan 24, 2012
I've read quite a lot articles about clenbuterol and since I've never used it before, I'm most concerned about it's side effects. There are plenty of short-term side effects, but I couldn't find any information on long term, permanent side effects. To be more precise, how much damage would I make to heart if I would run it for 2x2 weeks? I know that I should take 5000 mg of Taurine and 1000 mg of Potassium with it, but still: should I be worried?

Long Term side effects are very tricky. I would not advise you to take it if you aren't certain it's something you want to do. It's not necessary if you ask me but it is a very nice fat burner. If you do decide to take it, start off at 25mcg and assess your tolerance. If you don't like it, stop taking it. If you do continue that dose up to 50mcg when you stop "feeling" it. Do more research get more opinions, don't rush something you aren't sure you want to do. be smart.

G

Getbig013

Jul 13, 2014
Agreed man. I personally love it, but I listen to my body throughout my clen use. A lot just keep uppin their dose when it's not even needed yet. Either way, don't start something until you're 100% certain and ready. Know the ins and outs of the drug and the risks that come with it. If you're fully ok to take on the risks and know its what you want to do, then go for it but responsibly. Good luck, and let us know what you decide on.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014

=========================================================================

Before you even consider Clen I would suggest you give Albuterol a try FIRST. Their MOA is identical but the major difference is their respective half life and side effects. Such that Clen's half life is roughly 3-4 DAYS, while Albuterol is a few hours (4-6).

Moreover Clen has been associated with irregular heart rates, cardiac chest pain (angina) and a few case reports of Cardiac death.

SO Clen should only be used by those young fellas (say less than 35-40) wo cardiac risk factors like HTN, High CHOL, Diabetes etc

Bottom line on a equipotent basis Clen offers little to no benefit over Albuterol, IMO

Finally I'm not aware of any evidence which supports the use Taurine or K supplementation as a means of limiting the sides from these PEDs

best
jim

Billthebutcher

Billthebutcher

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2011
Never used Albuterol. So you are saying its similar without side effects of clen dr jim?

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Never used Albuterol. So you are saying its similar without side effects of clen dr jim?[/

Correct! Moreover if side effects do occur (nervousness, palpitations, sweating, insomnia etc) they are generally mild and limited to a few hours in duration, while they may last for days with Clen.

Additionally tolerance often develops to many of albuterol a side effects, while that's generally not the case with Clen.

Regs
Jim

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I agree with Dr. Jim. The long term sides from albuterol are less than clen due to the shorter life of the drug.

Made me a little nauseous though.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Ive used Clen and Albuterol. As everyone has said, there are certain things with which one has to be very cautious. Clenbuterol is one of them.
You have heard a lot of good advice here.

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
I've used clen for many years now and for extended periods of time sometimes. The sides are tolerable for me and having used it for so long I used to them. I've never had any issues with heart palpitaions, irregular heartbeats, or cardiac chest pains and I'm am in my 50s now. I've always had insomnia so no biggie there. I was however thinking about trying albuterol just to note the differences if any. My only question would be since albuterol has such a short half life wouldn't you need to do it a few times a day? Whereas clen, you only need one dose per day.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
I've used clen for many years now and for extended periods of time sometimes. The sides are tolerable for me and having used it for so long I used to them. I've never had any issues with heart palpitaions, irregular heartbeats, or cardiac chest pains and I'm am in my 50s now. I've always had insomnia so no biggie there. I was however thinking about trying albuterol just to note the differences if any. My only question would be since albuterol has such a short half life wouldn't you need to do it a few times a day? Whereas clen, you only need one dose per day.

Although it's dose dependent to some extent Q 4-6 hours is typical.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
=========================================================================

Before you even consider Clen I would suggest you give Albuterol a try FIRST. Their MOA is identical but the major difference is their respective half life and side effects. Such that Clen's half life is roughly 3-4 DAYS, while Albuterol is a few hours (4-6).

Moreover Clen has been associated with irregular heart rates, cardiac chest pain (angina) and a few case reports of Cardiac death.

SO Clen should only be used by those young fellas (say less than 35-40) wo cardiac risk factors like HTN, High CHOL, Diabetes etc

Bottom line on a equipotent basis Clen offers little to no benefit over Albuterol, IMO

Finally I'm not aware of any evidence which supports the use Taurine or K supplementation as a means of limiting the sides from these PEDs

best
jim

who needs all that when you have pocket full of nitroglycerin tabs, morphine, a tank of o2 and a defibrillator. I keep all these in my fanny pack when i'm on clen or albuterol.

:weightlift:

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic