Threads
Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Yep..... some of it can be alleviated by getting your back tighter when you squat to take pressure off of the shoulders and elbows, but I absolutely agree with your point of using different bars.

Almost all of our speed work is with a SSB and it's done nothing but help our shoulders just to get out from under a barbell even one day a week.
My next gym buy will definitely be a Duffalo bar and a giant cambered bar.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I have elbow and shoulder pain.On and off.I contribute it to my age.I'm 51.

You'd be the 4th oldest in our gym.... address what's giving you an issue and you'll have an easy decade more of progress.

My coach is 81 and finally got his knee replaced because he was pissed that he couldn't squat heavy and wants to come back.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Unfortunately, it's unavailable. I looked into this awhile back. I suspect it may be discontinued permanently.

If cost is not a factor, what would be the easiest bar to learn to use comfortably for a high bar squatter? For those who compete, when is the best time to use an alternative bar (off-season, early stages in a peak period, etc.) and how often (every week, once a month, etc.)?

ChrisLindsay9

It's Back, but its been changed a little.
http://www.davedraper.com/fitness_products/product/QPD-TTS.html

Last edited:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
*raises hand* Question, Mr PoB. Would this nerve also go for arm work in general when it comes to barbells, both weighted and Olympic? How about with overhand grips?

Depends. In the squat you have the scap pinned back and hands behind you. It's a bad position. Make your question more specific please?

I have elbow and shoulder pain.On and off.I contribute it to my age.I'm 51.

Getting older does not me you are required to simply resign yourself to be in pain.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
My next gym buy will definitely be a Duffalo bar and a giant cambered bar.
After my investment in a Texas Strength Systems bench, a Duffalo bar will be my next purchase.

A

aperry580

Oct 1, 2015
I want a texas strength bench so bad................or a rogue westside bench lol.....and 600 lbs of weight an a nice bar an ..........

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic