Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Cheaper 5 pound Protein??

Starwind

Starwind

Nov 6, 2011
I go for whey iso for pre or post workout shakes since its the fastest digesting. Then for bedtime use casien because it digests slowly and sticks with you most of the night.

Most branded powders use mostly whey concentrate which is much cheaper filler and not nearly as effective. WPI is almost 100% pure protein and also contains no lactose so its much easier on the belly.

Yes, but what about the differences between Cold Filtration and Micro filtered. Does that even matter?

overwatch

overwatch

MuscleHead
Jun 27, 2011
Yes, but what about the differences between Cold Filtration and Micro filtered. Does that even matter?

I don't think there's any difference in the end product, just different processing. If you click on the individual items they give a pretty good description of each.

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
Twin labs protein taste like fucking shit, I don't care how well it works or could work the taste and that it doesn't mix for crap is horrible

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011

cold filtration is microfiltration in a cold environment (exact same processing just cold) supposedly to prevent denaturing the protein normal microfiltration will denature the protein more but.....the same aminos are still there, I've never seen proof keeping proteins from being denatured is important for muscle tissue repair.

Starwind

Starwind

Nov 6, 2011
I don't think there's any difference in the end product, just different processing. If you click on the individual items they give a pretty good description of each.

After going through them the Cold filtration appears to be the better over all and its the cheapest out of the next tier above just concentrate.

Starwind

Starwind

Nov 6, 2011
cold filtration is microfiltration in a cold environment (exact same processing just cold) supposedly to prevent denaturing the protein normal microfiltration will denature the protein more but.....the same aminos are still there, I've never seen proof keeping proteins from being denatured is important for muscle tissue repair.

It seems like it would be more work... and should be more than right?

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
The work is the same the environment is however kept cold, in reality the cost to bulk produce should be similar to plain ol microfiltration.

Starwind

Starwind

Nov 6, 2011
The work is the same the environment is however kept cold, in reality the cost to bulk produce should be similar to plain ol microfiltration.

What additives are you liking from there? Vitamin ande Mineral Mix / Electrolytes seems like it would be decent, but I can't find the page of where they explain it.

Growinboy

Growinboy

MuscleHead
Sep 25, 2010
Ive always felt ON was crap- goes through me just like the walmart stuff does... And the last time I checked trueprotein it didnt seem like that much of a savings... Id further add that I dropped all my protein shakes a few months ago and just supp with the occasional BCAAs and Ive noticed NO DIFFERENCE in recovery... But then I eat pretty good overall...

osiris

osiris

May 9, 2011
I either normally use dymatize(had digestive enzymes and orthoptics) it TrueProtein cfm. I have used the TeamSkip blend, its 1/3 casein, 1/3 egg protein, and 1/3 isolate. I think it comes out to be $9 per pound.

Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
Basically my shakes always look like this: I dont get all crazy with exacting measurements, I go by consistency. Some milk in the blender, liquid egg whites, 2 heaping scoops of double chocolate whey protein (ON), one cup of instant oats, 5 grams of BCAA powder, one frozen banana. The banana is key here if you dont want all your oats to wind up in the bottom of your glass.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic