Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Cheaper 5 pound Protein??

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Decent price for a garbage product IMO. Anyways i always reccomend Optimum Nutrition protein. It may be a bit more expensive but its worth it in terms of quality if you ask me. Im sure theres a million different preferences on here but most will agree theyd sacrifice a little in cost for a higher quality.

I have been wanting to try Trueprotein.com as soon as i get back to the states thats where im turning first.

Starwind

Starwind

Nov 6, 2011
I try to get ON's 10 pound bag when I can when I find it cheap... I'm all for better quality as long as it isn't a huge amount. TrueProtein.com has sooooooooo many choices for the most basic of proteins it makes it hard to make a choice. What were you looking at on there? Pre-mades?

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
I've tried a ton of proteins, ON is my goto or allmax depending on price. VPX zero carb is good though not cheap. Canadian Protein has some really good isolate but I'm not a huge fan of the flavor....speaking of which with trueprotein get the premium flavors.

overwatch

overwatch

MuscleHead
Jun 27, 2011
Trueprotein is good to go. Just stick with the regular flavors like chocolate, vanilla, strawberry etc. The other flavors might be tempting but they are disgusting. Also, STAY AWAY FROM THE BEEF PROTEIN! I'd rather stick my Dick in a meat grinder than use that again!

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
Trueprotein is good to go. Just stick with the regular flavors like chocolate, vanilla, strawberry etc. The other flavors might be tempting but they are disgusting. Also, STAY AWAY FROM THE BEEF PROTEIN! I'd rather stick my Dick in a meat grinder than use that again!

Beef protein is the most useless supp on the planet, as for the flavors, the regular flavors are weak, the double chocolate premium flavor is good though. I however can't vouch for them all.

Q

Qwerty1424

MuscleHead
Mar 2, 2011
usually cheaper products = cheaper quality... in my own opinion!!

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
usually cheaper products = cheaper quality... in my own opinion!!

Usually cheaper products mean less fancy packaging and advertising though quality can be an issue at any price.

Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
ON for me, i usually get it from GNC. Its of course the only thing I buy from there. But for some reason they have it for around $40 pretty much all the time especially if you have a gold card. It was $38 the last time I was there. Thats for a 5#er.

Starwind

Starwind

Nov 6, 2011
What about the stuff you can add to it? Stick with Milk Protein Isolate?

Whey Protein Concentrate

Whey Protein Isolate (CFM) Cross-Flow Microfiltration

Whey Protein Isolate Cold-Filtration

Whey Protein Isolate Microfiltrated

So many basic choices hard to figure out which is best for overall training.

overwatch

overwatch

MuscleHead
Jun 27, 2011
What about the stuff you can add to it? Stick with Milk Protein Isolate?

Whey Protein Concentrate

Whey Protein Isolate (CFM) Cross-Flow Microfiltration

Whey Protein Isolate Cold-Filtration

Whey Protein Isolate Microfiltrated

So many basic choices hard to figure out which is best for overall training.

I go for whey iso for pre or post workout shakes since its the fastest digesting. Then for bedtime use casien because it digests slowly and sticks with you most of the night.

Most branded powders use mostly whey concentrate which is much cheaper filler and not nearly as effective. WPI is almost 100% pure protein and also contains no lactose so its much easier on the belly.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic