Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Cellulitis, staph, strep and IM injections

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
[[The probability of gear made with shotty aseptic technique causing staph induced cellulitis is highly improbable:

However the probability of gear that staph has been just recently introduced via shotty aseptic technique in drawing from MDV(multi dose vial) is much more probable if it is reused very soon after user introduced said bacteria with his shotty aseptic technique.[/B[/B]]See study below:

Development of a Multidose Formulation for a Humanized Monoclonal Antibody Using Experimental Design Techniques

"The efficacy of the preservative against various microorganisms was measured using a modified USP/EP PET (referred to as preservative screening test in this document). Tests were conducted at Microconsult Inc (Dallas, TX). In the procedure, formulations were tested against the following microorganisms: Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Candida albicans, and Aspergillus niger. The 3 bacterial strains were inoculated together at a total concentration of ~105 cfu/mL, as were the 2 fungi. Samples were incubated for 7 days at room temperature (25°C), and the total bacterial and fungal counts were measured using a colony counter. The log reduction (LR) values for the bacterial and fungal counts were calculated as log (initial count/final count)."

"Results of the preservative screening tests showed that the formulations containing 0.75% and 0.5% benzyl alcohol are potential candidates to meet the USP/EP criteria (Table 4). Both formulations demonstrated a complete kill of the tested bacterial and fungal species after 7 days. For all other samples, either the total bacterial count after 7 days was too numerous to count, or no effective reduction in the bacterial count was observed."

"Benzyl alcohol caused significant aggregation at high concentrations (≥1.0%); however, it was the most effective preservative in maintaining antimicrobial efficacy against bacteria and fungi."

Absolutley Sir!

And yes FD has a point in regards to the likelyhood of infection. Not likely but certainly possible...Especially if the the person in question does not follow good hygiene practices.

Last edited:
Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
I find using swabs to be tiresome, so I use a little spray bottle with Isopropyl alcohol in it.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Bottom line, if people and doctors were not to take antibiotics we would be a healthier society, yet too often these antibiotics are overused thus causing many of these superbugs to become resistant. I do not take antibiotics, and only would if my health was in dire straits. Studies have shown countries with the least amount of antibiotics prescribed were a healthier society overall. Of coarse Big Pharma does not want to hear such rubbish, they are in the business to push as much product as possible, thus fattening their bottom line.

I dont think it's purpose is useless. Staph and strep causing cellulitis- a skin infection- from improper injection techniques and the science of why gear that's 7 days old or older is not likely to be contaminated, even if proper aseptic technique is not used during it's manufacturing, is not meant to scare ppl away from gear. If anything knowing this should make guys more comfortable with bacterial problems from UG gear.

And using proper aseptic technique- including using more contact time of swab and allowing it to dry and not breathing on needle and or injection site- keeping a staph or strep caused problem that alot of guys due to high AAS use and dieting therefore lowered immune system could be suseptible to- I think serves a great purpose.

Awareness and more caution on their end of how they inject and use on their end to cover there ass.

Everything negative but true about gear and it's use cant be denied by calling it a scare tactic. If that's the case I suppose Shines' thread about AAS being bad for the heart is useless too huh?

I mean ego and vanity is one thing and health and longevity is another- and I think finding a balance between the 2 serves a great purpose.

If this info keeps even one member from getting a infection- it serves a purpose.
I dont think ppl should stop using gear altogether no more than I think the negative should be hidden by sources or ppl in the know just so they can make $ or exploit. I think ppl should use smarter though. But no one is forcing them to read this or heed this. It is their choice. But at least it gives them the ability to make an informed one. Or motivates them to research it for themselves.

Besides it might keep a source from getting falsely blamed by uneducated or ill intented guys looking for a scapegoat. There's plenty of honey(gear) and money(cash) to go around- but if their is science and info to be known so good choices can be made- let it be known just as experience should be shared too.

So if you mean what you say and have considered it- that's your opinion and no offense taken.

But there is a current problem with MRSA and it being resistant. Also- seeing how staph lives on tons of ppls skin and under certain conditions can cause a problem- It is important we avoid those conditions- that's all. If I'm doin a show and am dieting and on heavy AAS use- I need to be more careful and more aware and aseptic in how I do things. That is no longer the highest percentage of AAS users I dont think. But even the recreational look good to get pussy user should be aware. LOL!

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
I find using swabs to be tiresome, so I use a little spray bottle with Isopropyl alcohol in it.

I would still swab first to get body oil off but the spray bottle is an old way they use to sterillize in hospitals, The steris beds for transporting people to surgery and things. still wiped things down first with alcohol and then resprayed.

Last edited:
pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
Scrubbing with a swab also plays a role in removing bacteria on the skins surface.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic