Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Cell phone proxy

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Yes I get the point but it's impossible from what I can see.

Imagine your scenario. Yes, the call appears to be coming from your GF on the mainland but the second anyone looks at her call record, they will see the incoming call from you & your original location. It makes things one-hop harder but very possible and there is no real obfuscation of where the call was placed originally.

Sure you can put something in between you and the call receiver, but it ultimately links to you pretty easy. Remember NSA programs like PRISM have public ally declared even their junior analysists are able to examine data "two or three hops" from the original person without a warrant, so imagine what's happening in real practice as that's just policy not legislation stopping them!

Your stuck because your on someone else's network. Make your own network and it's fine but while your using a public company's network that's aiding other companies/associations then your stuck. Best bet is AES encryption

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Ok have a iPhone with Siri installed so its all voice activated you can text dial numbers etc... Set that up in your house... Also have another phone set up on speaker phone to auto answer... Now when you travel take a burner phone that you don't use to call anyone except the phone set up at ur house to auto answer... Nobody can link that phone to you.. Now you can control that iPhone from any where and it appears you are at home all the time... Got to be a easier way using some type of Bluetooth gadget etc but this would be a crude way of doing it only problem I see would be receiving calls... The point is not to hide the context of the call just the bread crums left behind... Those bread crums can cause all sorts of problems in ur life I'd imagine in divorce court, criminal, civil suits and just plain nosy people...

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Okay I kind of get your describing a different concept than I'd imagined but not sure if I completely understand what your saying yet.

My question is, you have in your possession a burner phone in your travels, once you call your forwarding phone at home. You leave a trail. The burner phone will log exactly where you've been, just as your normal phone would. I understand the burner phone isn't in your name but I don't think it's enough for plausible deniability. They will certainly be able to link the phone to you, just as they would if it was in your name. Your once again only adding a one-hop step. By examining the burner phone they will get a strong profile of you, people who you call, duration of calls, numbers dialed, movement habits, etc. plus if anyone that you've called states it was you that called at a specific time then your history. In my mind, they'll inevitably be able to link the burner to you (even by simple call recording and voice analysis) rendering it useless.

I don't think it causes many of those problems though mate. I highly doubt that at any point in the process of getting divorced, your disgruntled ex will be able to access your top true telephone records. It would have to be subpoenaed from the telco and even then the best they would probably be able to get would be phone numbers, I doubt there is any way they would be provided with base station ping requests. Same goes for nosey people. The only people with the access to this type of information is the telco itself and law enforcement. I don't see how anyone else could come across this data, it's a privacy concern for it to be publicly available.

Imagine if you had a 14 year old daughter with a phone, a pedofile gets hold of her phone locations and tracks her. That would never be allowed to happen, the type of data were talking about is locked up pretty tight for good reason. You don't have to worry about criminals or the average joe getting their hands on it

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
I think I have your solution... Let me refine it in my head first

It doesn't use any type of VoIP either, everything stays on the GSM network. And your location will always show you from at home with no one the wiser, ever. I'm actually quiet happy as it enables you to make and receive calls, send and receive texts as any fully functional phone would.

I'll draw up some quick diagrams of the problem we faced before, and how data is intercepted and this solution. Don't know if I'll get time when I get home today but should have it within the next couple of days.

Last edited:
Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
That burner can't be linked to me because its only used to call one phone and the phone it calls is not linked to any other calls... All this can be done by some sort of software, app or Bluetooth device I'm just using all these phones as an example... But yes I'd love to hear ur solution hood...

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
What you described actually makes it easier to link it to you that not. If your only calling one number, it's indicating both phones have the same owner and it shows the forwarding calls, ill diagram it all

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Step one: buy visa prepaid gift card
Step two: set up fake information on card for online use.
Step three: sign up for Google voice calling with fake visa prepay info
Step four: set up phone with VPN
Step five: download Google voice application over VPN.
Step six: make calls via Google voice over a VPN on an account set up with bogus info.

You could take that even further on a rooted device. You could spoof GPS location for the Google voice app along with device id information.

I don't understand why someone would want to make some complicated system with a burner phone.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Step one: buy visa prepaid gift card
Step two: set up fake information on card for online use.
Step three: sign up for Google voice calling with fake visa prepay info
Step four: set up phone with VPN
Step five: download Google voice application over VPN.
Step six: make calls via Google voice over a VPN on an account set up with bogus info.

You could take that even further on a rooted device. You could spoof GPS location for the Google voice app along with device id information.

I don't understand why someone would want to make some complicated system with a burner phone.

So do you make calls using ur pc? Not sure you are getting the point... The need is to have a personel phone used for every day life that doesn't drop bread crums that get stored away into a permanent data base...
Not sure I'd feel comfortable having google listen into all my phone calls either although I asume all my calls are recorded anyways...

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Yes... I understand how to register a phone not in my/your name. That's completely irrelevant, it can still be traced to you.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
So do you make calls using ur pc? Not sure you are getting the point... The need is to have a personel phone used for every day life that doesn't drop bread crums that get stored away into a permanent data base...
Not sure I'd feel comfortable having google listen into all my phone calls either although I asume all my calls are recorded anyways...

No. I make calls using my cell phone over a VPN with Google voice.

There are other services you could use for VoIP on your cell.

And newsflash with prism the NSA is likely recording all the calls you make with your tracphone.

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
I'll get around to a few more as soon as I can but here is basically how the phone works...

0cKfxY2.jpg

It doesn't matter if your placing a CDMA or GSM call and it doesn't matter if your using LTE/3G/2G connection to ANYWHERE, the call/data is passed the same. It goes directly from your phone to the closest cell phone tower (telecommunications base station) and is then routed (be it via another carrier or via any bunch of web servers) to your recipient. Wiretaps (under most circumstances) require a warrant however they only have access to the data passed to them from the Telco providor (eg: AT&T) while things like IMSI catchers and upstream collection do NOT require a warrant and allow data collection BEFORE it hits your telco providor (it also allows your data to be edited, rerouted, etc - which would be known as a MITM attack).

It DOES NOT matter if your phone is registered in your name or not, the use of an IMSI catcher would hijack your call before they even knew who it belonged too along with a bunch of other things I will go in to later.

I'll draw up examples of how we can make our calls appear from a completely static location (even one across the country!) and be untraceable from the receiver

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic