Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

Cell phone proxy

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Wouldn't that be cool? To have a burner phone that goes threw ur reg cell you leave at home..
Already exist? Anyone here clever enough to set somthing up maybe with Bluetooth or somthing?
I bet if it doesn't exist you can make a million dollars with this invention.
Discuss....

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
This will never work. Ever.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Why not? I mean in the crudest form ur cell can be on speaker phone relaying threw another phone...
Sombody good at electronics could prolly rig somthing up easy.

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
You've peaked my interest. I've always had an interest in telephony however the underground information is so heavily guarded

Here is what I can think of right now but I will revisit it later.
You can have a phone relay your phone call but it would still have traceable details at the carrier level of where the phone originated, useless for anything really besides changing the number which the call came off which is essentially the same as using a blocked/private number (or the same as dialing 1831 before the phone number as a prefix).
Phones have a few unique identifiers which are transmitted to the cell tower, these go beyond your phone number. I'm not sure exactly which however I assume it to be the UDID (or ANDROID_ID), IMEI or MEID, SIM serial number, IMSI (this is your service subscriber ID) and CID.

I have a very good idea to be able to intercept phone calls and all this type of stuff, I'll get in contact with a friend of mine who has more detailed information about what data the cell towers require and broadcast.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Isn't there an app that will show you are calling someone from another number already? Wouldn't that sort of be the same thing you are looking for?

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
If your making a call originating from a burner, what is the point of involving your personal cell? To be one step removed? As stated, using voice over IP would be the way to go.

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
I doubt an app could detect a call that was being forwarded. That's stuff that would have to be looked at as a carrier, incoming/outgoing calls to the forwarding number.

Before I've heard back from my mate regarding cell towers. I was thinking this is going to have to be split in to two different methods, one for calls and one for sms's.
For SMS's there is a lot less security on number spoofing, if anyone wants proof send me your number and I can text you from any number (eg: 911) or 11-letter word (eg:TheIronDen). It's done through an SMS gateway, if you sign up to commercial ones you have to verify your mobile number and it will only allow you to send from that however there are ways around it. SMS gateways are what big corporations use to send mass messages from. At a core level, you could essentially send anonymous text messages by the use of an SMS gateway. I've got a script written up in MSL to run a bot on any irc network which allows this to happen. It wouldn't be very hard to write this to an app, have the app relay the details to an offshore server which executed the sending of an anonymous text message. This would be traceable to offshore but doubt it would be stoppable or traceable.

As for calls, I think it would be easier to spoof them to another phone as opposed to truly anonymous (this would still allow calls to not be traced back to you). I assume the subscriber ID is checked at a network level when calls are made to ensure the user has credit, etc. so when making calls you would need to spoof your IMSI to mimic that of a legitimate IMSI. And funnily enough, that user should actually get charged for the call too.

I know with a custom iPhone firmware, developed for iPhone forensics, it is possible to spoof/change some of the outgoing details to make this possible. I need to know exactly what details the cell tower requires first.

I've been doing some wireshark experimenting with an android phone lately but that only captures Internet data not cell data. I'll see if there is a wireshark equivalent to work on calls as opposed to 802.11

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
VOIP over a VPN.

I'd have to think about it.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I don't get why a personal cell would be in the loop.

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Just thinking more in to phreaking boxes that I learnt from the anarchists cookbook back about a decade ago, I assume most of the boxes would still work. I'll check it out and let u know more when I get on the computer, I think we should be able to rig something up

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
I don't get why a personal cell would be in the loop.

To take back a small peice of privacy that we have given up to technology....
The point is not to make every phone call made private I dubt we can do that because ur personel cell will be used everyday to make regular phone calls to loved ones, dentist apointments, kids school etc....whatever # you used is tracable easily confirmed by phone records of the people you call and the location you were in can be traced... If I'm in LA Monday and Vegas Thursday that's nobody's business but mine.. Cell towers show I've been home all week making reg calls like usual..

I remember a infomercial about mirical jack I think it was called? You plug a phone jack into a pc and boom ur making calls threw the net bypassing all phone servers... Taking it a step further analog audio can be converted to digital then encrypted... I've done some googling but all I'm able to find is millions of adds for smart phone proxy apps wich is not what I'm looking for... Totally different...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic