Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Carpal tunnel in my right hand, wrist, underside forearm

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Has anyone ever had carpal tunnel or signs/symptoms of it? My last job I started developing some of the symptoms and having problems with my right hand, wrist, underside forearm. My wrist and hand would pop sometimes and get a weird jolt of pain in my hand down my forearm and would get the tingles in my fingertips. I would wake up sometimes wit the tingling in my hand. Sometimes I would feel fine. It affected my lifting sometimes and sometimes it didn't. After starting my new job it seemed like everything was good again until this past Friday. I started getting a strong pain in my wrist and underside of my forearm on the same arm. And since then it has been hurting doing the simplest things like squeezing a ketchup bottle, opening a door knob, etc. But it's different from what I felt before. It's weird, I can keep my wrist neutral and grip something hardwiring problem or feeling, but I squeeze a ketchup bottle and it's like WTF!

I've considered going to the dr but I don't want to be put out of work. The company I work for also has an on site hospital and an early symptom investigation program where they will look into the root of problems like this and fix it so you can perform you job. But really scared to say anything because of the possibility of not being able to work and them not "needing" me anymore or something. This job was/is the next step for me so I can't risk that.

Have any of you had problems like this or similar? Is there anything you can do to help it or reverse things? I know nothing about it and have read some but not much. Thought I'd ask all my brothers.

darnstrong

darnstrong

Nov 3, 2010
Hey, I would go get tested, I had all these symptoms.. and thought i had carpal. turns out one of the muscles in my forearm never healed properly after i hurt it years ago, They gave me some stretches to do, and they help. I still am struggling with it, even years later.. But getting it tested would be the first thing i would do :)

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Hey, I would go get tested, I had all these symptoms.. and thought i had carpal. turns out one of the muscles in my forearm never healed properly after i hurt it years ago, They gave me some stretches to do, and they help. I still am struggling with it, even years later.. But getting it tested would be the first thing i would do :)

Thanks for the response darnstrong. It's definitely something I believe that I'm going to have to do.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Has anyone ever ???? Lol you are talking to the man who has over 40 years ripped or broke every body part at some point. Whether In gym in dojo or on battlefields . Depending on the chronicity of your injury believe it or not light forearm work getting all the blood flowing along with grip work can alleviate but it gets tricky as there is a fine line of rehab and overdoing it. If you can't find a good sports medicine doc which is always my thing then research physical therapy for it. Make use of ice and heat etc

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Has anyone ever ???? Lol you are talking to the man who has over 40 years ripped or broke every body part at some point. Whether In gym in dojo or on battlefields . Depending on the chronicity of your injury believe it or not light forearm work getting all the blood flowing along with grip work can alleviate but it gets tricky as there is a fine line of rehab and overdoing it. If you can't find a good sports medicine doc which is always my thing then research physical therapy for it. Make use of ice and heat etc

Thanks ketsugo, I planned to start ice and heat. So I will definitely do that. I have a friend who is a PTA so I'll probably hit him up and get some advice as well. I think it's something that I can progressively make better. I sure hope so brother!

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I would definitely seek professional advice if you can't resolve it over a month or so or if it gets significantly worse in the near future. If you don't fix it, you could end up so bad you won't be able to work, and that would be much worse than any other result . . .

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Trust me exercise heals - what is crazy is many times the movement we did to injure is the very same we use to heal but using lighter and cadence at a varied pace . Ice ASAP - first 72 hours of any injury Its vital. Funny how some of the most simple means are what helps . Your Pt friend awesome ! Just remember your a regular person whose body is use to exercise therefore the 2-5 pound dumbells will not be sufficient . Use your own feeling to determine

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
I would definitely seek professional advice if you can't resolve it over a month or so or if it gets significantly worse in the near future. If you don't fix it, you could end up so bad you won't be able to work, and that would be much worse than any other result . . .

Absolutely! Injuries address sooner than later

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013

Trust me exercise heals - what is crazy is many times the movement we did to injure is the very same we use to heal but using lighter and cadence at a varied pace . Ice ASAP - first 72 hours of any injury Its vital. Funny how some of the most simple means are what helps . Your Pt friend awesome ! Just remember your a regular person whose body is use to exercise therefore the 2-5 pound dumbells will not be sufficient . Use your own feeling to determine

Thanks a lot for your input guys. I really appreciate it. I'm gonna try a few things out and see if it improves and if not within a few weeks or so, I will go to the Doc!

cotton2012

cotton2012

Oct 8, 2013
I've had carpal tunnel release procedure, long time sufferer of CT the procedure worked wonders for me instant relief with no symptoms anymore (on the carpal side, basically middle finger, pointer and thumb), however I do have the same kind of pinch along the ulnar nerve so I occasionally get the symptoms in my ring finger and pinky, lower palm. This is an entirely different procedure in the elbow, its not as bad, but I will eventually get it done. If therapy doesn't help there is another option.

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
There MIGHT be a chance that 2400 posts in a little over a year contribute to your problem..... :p

seriously though, I just had an employee have carpal tunnel surgery on a Monday and she was back at work on Thursday. She said it hurts, but she is fine to work.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I've had carpal tunnel release procedure, long time sufferer of CT the procedure worked wonders for me instant relief with no symptoms anymore (on the carpal side, basically middle finger, pointer and thumb), however I do have the same kind of pinch along the ulnar nerve so I occasionally get the symptoms in my ring finger and pinky, lower palm. This is an entirely different procedure in the elbow, its not as bad, but I will eventually get it done. If therapy doesn't help there is another option.
Thanks for sharing that with me man. I'm glad to hear the surgery worked so well. Hopefully I wot have to go that route, but if I do, that's very reassuring.

There MIGHT be a chance that 2400 posts in a little over a year contribute to your problem..... :p

seriously though, I just had an employee have carpal tunnel surgery on a Monday and she was back at work on Thursday. She said it hurts, but she is fine to work.

Haha what can I Say bro? I love TID and it was my first home after a long deployment.

I'm glad to hear she was back to work so soon after. That's great to hear in the case surgery is what I need to do.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic