Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

cardio on an empty stomach

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
I dont get the time of day/fasted vs non-fasted...when I do cardio no matter when or full/empty stomach...I drop the fat

Only thing I would say is HIIT makes me drop it way faster

From what I have been told by some of the guys that are getting ready for comp, am fast cardio is best for burning fat. Both methods work, I think I should also concider most of these guys are hitting GH in the am which is releasing fat stores into the blood steam and the low slow cardio is burning the fuel available thats circulating instead of tapping in other stored energy which may bring along with it protiens/muscle.

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
That study doesn't even touch on the hormone production spurred by one vs. the other.

It also can't account for the fact that most of us have help staying anabolic.

But, overall, good study and it made me do some more research. I still say that sprinters prove everything.

The hormones we are on changes the game. Point taken.
Overall good discussion.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
For me personally I did cardio on an empty stomach in the morning usually 30 to 40 min

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
I seem to preserve more muscle doing fasted A.M. cardio 3x a week compared to HIIT 3 times a week... the A.M. cardio I'd pound some bcaa's beforehand though, HIIT was always post workout. I'll still do both when I cut for the next show, I'll just step more cautiously with HIIT.

B

bigrecon

May 5, 2013
30 minutes first thing in the morning on a empty stomach followed by some breakfast....

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Sort of preference but yup aas make things easier to maintain and I'll bet that those saying they can't tell diff cuz they lose fat on empty and full aren't measuring fat loss percent cuz I guarantee there is muscle loss. Just remember to open your eyes, the scale lies

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic