Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Carb Cycling - KISS

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Shelby definitely knows his shit. I respect that man immensely. He has taken his genetics further than many gave him credit for being able to do in his early days. he is a paragon of dedication and consistency. In my opinion shelby has earned through blood, sweat and tears every success he has enjoyed. He is a role model for me in this hobby.

That being said, i am fairly familiar with his diets and i agree, he consistently brings people in great shape each and every time. My trainer is BigMike from ProM. He knows his stuff and has worked under numerous people/trainers. He is working with pete ciccone currently i believe and is 5'8" at 280 with slightly visibile intercostals. He is truly a beast and as for contest conditioning i would be THRILLED to achieve near his contest conditioning.

He chose to go with carb cycling because around week 20 i started eliminating things and started really seeing results rcome flying in. So when we were at week 12, there really wasnt any reason to get drastic or change anything crazy. This week the carbs go lower but not to an insane level.

Shelby knows his shit. My wife was looking for some diet help and my buddy who competes recommended Shelby, and I wound up using his services too, just to lean out a bit. Met him a bunch of times, and the guy is so humble and soft spoken, just a truely nice guy, and smart. This new routine he has me on works better and faster, at least for me. After my diet is done, im thinking about eating smarter and incorporating this eating style into my life. Its healthier, and I want to stay lean and not get out of shape. Going to talk with Shelby more after my trip in 4 weeks.

I had the best results every just having a nice clean diet and not cycling my carbs. i do eat more carbs on workout days when not trying to lose weight tho.

I found that cycling carbs, it made me looney towards the end. 3 out of my last 4 meals on certain days, I took in no carbs, just protein/veggies/fats. Now at least im eating some carbs every meal, better than nothing. Im at 10g meal right now.. :(

o can you post what you eat or what your daily meal plan looks like.does shelby have a book out or a dvd on his program,thanks

All my meals are the same right now. I take in the same amount of protein/carbs/fats every meal. Protein sources right now..chicken,turkey,ostrich,eggwhites, and bison. Sometimes fish, probably this weekend. Carbs, the last 2 weeks, ive only been using oatmeal and ezekiel bread. Fats only olive oil and peanut buter, nothing else.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Hey buddy,

Its the Delaware state show, npc first state classic and whatever they call the novice. I am eligible for all of them so i figure why not right?

4 weeks later there is the NPC West Chester right up the road so i might end up doing that too.

Best of luck!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic