Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

captains of the crush grippers

T

Tony Delk

Sep 15, 2010
I'm waiting to get a captain gripper. I was looking at the no.3 since it's rated at 280lbs. What is that equivalent to? If i can pick up farmers handles, dumbbells, and do reps with 600lb deadlifts... can i close one? Or am I trying to piss in too big a pot?!

Maybe i'll get them both.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
The number 3s are going to be tough for someone that doesn't have wicked grip or trained grip strength before. IMO, you should have them all. You should work your way up as a warm up just like you would for any other exercise, starting with the trainers. Only the bigger guys at my gym can even close the 2s.

Also, remember, you don't rep with them. You do sets of holds instead. People don't realize all the tiny little bones, connective tissue and muscle in the hands can easily be traumatized by trying to rep super heavy grippers.

I consider myself to have a pretty healthy grip, and I use the 2s when I train my grip strength. I have attempted the 3s in a few cases, but cannot close them far enough to justify their use and the risk of injury.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I had 2 and 3. Until some ashole. Swiped my gym bag out of the back of my truck. I could close the 2 without issues. The 3 on the other hand never could get the last 1/4 inch to close. Be careful because these suckered can give you wicked tendinitis

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I had 2 and 3. Until some ashole. Swiped my gym bag out of the back of my truck. I could close the 2 without issues. The 3 on the other hand never could get the last 1/4 inch to close. Be careful because these suckered can give you wicked tendinitis

lol Its amazing the difference between the 2s and 3s, isn't it!? Adding 50lbs+ when dealing with such small muscle groups is a huge leap.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Grippers are in a category all on thier own as far as grip strength goes.
Agreed on the tearing the chit out of your tendons and ligaments.

Amma is closing the 2.5 and certified on the 2.

Myself I have small carny hands and can close the 1 and am close to the 1.5

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Grippers are in a category all on thier own as far as grip strength goes.
Agreed on the tearing the chit out of your tendons and ligaments.

Amma is closing the 2.5 and certified on the 2.

Myself I have small carny hands and can close the 1 and am close to the 1.5

I didn't realize they had half sizes. I think I should look in to the 2.5s because as I said earlier, jumping whole numbers takes a considerable strength difference.

Being able to close the 1.5s would be very impressive. Any female that can close the 2s is a beast for sure.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic