Machine shrug

Lat pull down wide

Upright row

Tbar

acon83

acon83

TID VIP Lady Member
Jul 6, 2011
Here's what I do...hubby does very similar. i have more defined shoulders, and they've responded well to this:
Military BB 3 w/u + sets
front lateral raises
side lateral raises
face pulls (which hit my rear delts...and I JUST started these but rave about 'em)
incline bench reverse flys (not sure of a real name, but put bench @ incline, lay facedown, feet on the floor pull the DB's up toward the ceiling, squeezing the real delts.)

Bench hit's em on bench day, and they are hit again on back day with deads, and rows....

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
Gentao, didnt you post a similar thread about not being able to grow your shoulders like a year ago at MM?
or am i thinking of someone else?
either way, a lotta good suggestions here but none more important than simplifying your shoulder workouts. you want them to grow then stick to heavy compound lifts and leave it at that. all these isolated exercises you're doing are counterproductive to your goal to grow them

Last edited:
trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
find a big hill and get a old wheelchair

gentao

gentao

MuscleHead
May 16, 2011
Gentao, didnt you post a similar thread about not being able to grow your shoulders like a year ago at MM?
or am i thinking of someone else?
either way, a lotta good suggestions here but none more important than simplifying your shoulder workouts. you want them to grow then stick to heavy compound lifts and leave it at that. all these isolated exercises you're doing are counterproductive to your goal to grow them

Thanks HA. You are probably rite about having another thread at MM, i just have the worse memory known so everything seems new to me

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
Thanks HA. You are probably rite about having another thread at MM, i just have the worse memory known so everything seems new to me
lol. just keep it simple bro

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Simple, Power Clean + Push Press.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
marcus ruhl said he really never started making great gains till he loosened up on his form, not piling on plates so you cant barely move the bar, but a few strict reps, followed by some body english, then he started growing like a weed.if you choose this route, be careful, warm up, then pyramid to a max weight of 4-5 reps,by the way, the oak himselfs favorite training technique? yup, cheating. especially with arms and delts, that tip is a direct quote from the man himself!! only on the last few reps though. again, dont get hurt heaving huge weights around you have no right moving. be sensable bro! good luck!

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
I would stay away from all fast twich training..Stick with your barbell movements sch as barbell presses and power clens Throw away the dumbells and excessive training ...dw

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
My shoulders were my weakest bodypart until I started training them on their own day. Now they are one of my most dominant muscle groups along with my back and my traps.

I followed this routine if I remember correctly:

Day 1: Chest
Day 2: Back
Day 3: Quads, Hamstrings
Day 4: Deltoids, Traps
Day 5: Arms

Incline lateral raises with a dumbbell with very good form: 4 sets of 10-12 reps of progressively increasing weight
Seated dumbbell presses: As heavy as possible with a straight back: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
Seated behind the neck barbell presses: 4 sets of 6-12 reps
Bent over dumbbell lateral raises: 3-4 sets of 10-12 reps
Seated barbell presses with a close grip and elbows facing in front of me: 3-4 sets of 10-12 reps
Standing upright rows: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
Dumbbell or Barbell shrugs: 4 sets of 6-10 reps

You have to finish this in less than one hour, performing all exercises with good form. Breaks shouldn't be longer than 45"-60"

J

jackhammer

Aug 6, 2011
i feel my shoulders could be bigger so im not the best to give advice. but to me it makes since to prioritize them. work them after a rest day. give them their own day and put 2-4 days between chest and shoulders. another thing i just started doing is something branch said he picked up from ronnie. lets say your heavy work set of side laterals is 40, then start with 20s for 12 then with no rest between grab the 30s for 12 then the 40s for as many as you can then 30s then 20s and thats one set. get 3 of those and your boulders should be smoked! youd really only need a heavy military press and some rear delt action, some time and a lot of food/nutrients and your set

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic