Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Can I train chest/tri the day after shoulders

Gloves78

Gloves78

Mar 2, 2013
I'm just wondering if this is ok I do barbell an dumbbell shoulder press, Arnold presses and some dumbbell front/lateral raises. Would it be ok to train chest an tri's the next day after this or should I give my triceps a days rest as these are used in shoulders an chest

Thanks guys

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
Goals man, goals? Give them to us!

Gloves78

Gloves78

Mar 2, 2013
I'm about 88 kg an dont really want to get much heavier but want to get about %30 stronger before I start cutting. So I suppose I'm more about bulking up at the moment

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
I train shoulders the day after chest/Tris. But what do I know look at my avi I'm super scrawny.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Try it and see how you feel.

If you don't feel as strong just wait a couple extra days to train shoulders.

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
I typically do shoulders the day after a chest workout, but I don't train isolated tris with chest. Bi and tri a day after shoulders. So my tris are somewhat hit three days in a row. However I genetically have stronger and bigger tris so I don't mind overworking them. I feel I get a better shoulder workout with fatigued tris. When the chest and shoulders catch up, I'll change up the routine. Take with a grain of salt, I'm benching in the 325 range at 190, smaller than a scrawy redneck.

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
I typically do shoulders the day after a chest workout, but I don't train isolated tris with chest. Bi and tri a day after shoulders. So my tris are somewhat hit three days in a row. However I genetically have stronger and bigger tris so I don't mind overworking them. I feel I get a better shoulder workout with fatigued tris. When the chest and shoulders catch up, I'll change up the routine. Take with a grain of salt, I'm benching in the 325 range at 190, smaller than a scrawy redneck.

Lol nicely played sir nicely played.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Just recently I had switched around my workout, and I was having a little trouble with incline pressing. Then it occured to me, I had switched shoulders to the day before chest. I combined shoulders with chest, and honestly, both seemed to have benefitted. My incline press went up a little, and my shoulders get more rest and don't seem to be getting inflamed like they used to.

Gloves78

Gloves78

Mar 2, 2013
Ok thanks guys what I'm doing is chest/tri then the next day back/bi an then I do shoulder/legs I then have a day off an start again. I do abbs after most wo's.

When I say this is what I'm doing I mean this is what I'm trying to do. Due to work an stuff I may only get to the gym 3 days a week so only do I round of my training.

Which is ok but when I have days off I like to train every day. So I'm probably best to give my tri's a break it sounds but if I go and don't feel weak then that's ok is it?

Any way thanks for replies guys. Does my work out sound ok I'm doing 4-5 sets on each muscle group with 3 reps of 8 and waiting 1:30 to 2 mins between reps

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
I really think legs should get their own day if your're doing 3 days a week. I prefer chest and upper back in one day, bi's tris and shoulders another, and legs and lower for. Try what you're doing, log it on the Journal Page, and we'll all watch you grow.

J

Jada

Aug 10, 2012
I really think legs should get their own day if your're doing 3 days a week. I prefer chest and upper back in one day, bi's tris and shoulders another, and legs and lower for. Try what you're doing, log it on the Journal Page, and we'll all watch you grow.

What this brother said right here. Legs take alot out of me so they have to be hit solo

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic