Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Can i make muscles without following diet?

paulgonzales86

paulgonzales86

Jun 3, 2019
Hi,
I am a working professional I usually get time to do workout but don't get time to make my diet so, in this case, what should I do? I mean is it possible to make muscles without a diet?

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Short answer...Yes. You won't reach a "peak" physique without attention to your diet but training will allow you to grow.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
There are A LOT of meal services out there so you don't need to have time to cook.

Ouroboros

Ouroboros

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2018
Even a lil time on the weekends to prep a bunch (or some) simple meals for the week and stick them in tupperwares? Every bit helps

paulgonzales86

paulgonzales86

Jun 3, 2019
Short answer...Yes. You won't reach a "peak" physique without attention to your diet but training will allow you to grow.
so shall I take whey protein or gainer? for muscle building??

Ouroboros

Ouroboros

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2018
While there's no substitute for solid clean real food, whey protein will help. Still better than no protein.
If you give gainers a try look for something that relies on oats for carbs or aother high fiber sources, avoid anything padded with sugars and maltodextrin as thats a good way to get fat in a hurry.

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
Hi,
I am a working professional I usually get time to do workout but don't get time to make my diet so, in this case, what should I do? I mean is it possible to make muscles without a diet?
There is always "time" for your diet.

Question already answered above by mike, but you need to better utilize your meal prep time, or if you eat out, there are ways to handle this. Wake up 15 mins earlier, onto bed 15 mins later, add 30 mins there to preperation.

Prepare more than 1 meal at a time for the next day or two. Grill 4, 5 or 6 chicken breasts for the next day. A full pot of brown rice or white or what ever.

Eating out, ask for grilled veggies, grilled chicken instead of fried, boiled eggs ect ect. Pay attention to condiments, full of shit you don't need, but they are calories if that's what you want.

Keep peanut butter at work for snacks, put onto some triscuits or something.

Point is, if you pay attention to your day and schedule, you can always find ways to improve the diet if you really want too.

For better help it would be beneficial to know your stats and goal. Are you trying to just get stronger, more muscular and defined, just bigger arms, whatever.... but details can help others nail down a better plan for you, give better and more directed advice for your goal and will help you improve where you want to, faster.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012

As long as you are getting enough nutrients/calories to support muscular growth you will grow just fine without adding any supplements. You will probably need 17-21 calories per pound of body weight to grow (depending on your metabolism) and about 0.8-1g/pound of body weight in protein. ALL of this can be acquired through eating whole food.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Eat enough to gain weight and lift heavy weights regularly is really all it takes.

To optimize growth you need to put a little thinking into what you eat (i.e. "adequate" amount of protein). If that's what you call a diet then so be it. You definitely don't need to be on a contest prep diet to get jacked.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Most everyone here is a "working" professional........lol
Oh except myself of course;)
Eat like an adult with some extra quality protein thrown in I use whey because it is easy and cheap per gram, if you eat FAT oops I mean FAST food you are fucking yourself most of the time.
A pre-contest diet is never needed for adding a bit of muscle.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic