What's New?

Buying clothes

• Thread starter cockswole_gentleman
  • Start Date
Darkness

Darkness

VIP Member
May 7, 2011
I used to buy dress shirts 5 at a time and take them to a tailor and made them fit perfect. Right now I have a 32 in belt line, 30 inch waist, and 50 inch chest under arms. A few years ago I noticed that Buckle had two brands of shirt that fit me like a glove, one in XXXL slim and one in XXL athletic. They are classy shirts and they add several styles each season. I’ve been grabbing a half dozen of those a year for a while now. Price is like $40-$50 bucks so it’s less that a standard shirt and a tailor.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
I used to buy dress shirts 5 at a time and take them to a tailor and made them fit perfect. Right now I have a 32 in belt line, 30 inch waist, and 50 inch chest under arms. A few years ago I noticed that Buckle had two brands of shirt that fit me like a glove, one in XXXL slim and one in XXL athletic. They are classy shirts and they add several styles each season. I’ve been grabbing a half dozen of those a year for a while now. Price is like $40-$50 bucks so it’s less that a standard shirt and a tailor.

Buckle?
You have a link?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I need to pay a visit to your Korean lady. I live in a small town and there just isn’t that kind of service available around here.
We used to have some tailor shops but they catered to the military and when they switched over from pressed to wash and wear uniforms, all of the local dry cleaners went out of business.
You can’t find a shoe repair shop around here anymore since the service members don’t polish their boots these days either.
I’m likely 100 miles from the nearest tailor.
Would be easier for me just to get fat.
We have plenty of fast food options here but few healthy alternatives.
Interesting. All the ones around FLW stayed in business despite the uniform changeover. Likely, do to being a training base with multiple graduations a week. Dress/service uniforms still in high demand.

A

AlphaMale!

VIP Member
Dec 11, 2022
Interesting. All the ones around FLW stayed in business despite the uniform changeover. Likely, do to being a training base with multiple graduations a week. Dress/service uniforms still in high demand.
I used see the Basic and AIT graduates with their families in town for graduation every week back when I lived there.
I sold my house in Waynesville about two years ago.
I like the new Army dress uniforms compared to the old green we had to wear.

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
The local dry cleaners has an old Korean lady who comes in a couple days a week. The lady can work some magic on alterations, so I really don't even care how it fits in the waist anymore. I just make sure my shirt fits in the neck, chest and arms and pants fit around my thighs then bring it in to her. She makes them look even better than they do on the models and that is not easy considering my chest to waist is a 17 inch difference and my waist to thighs is only a 4 inch difference. She charges $15 for most items and $20 for items where she needs to make a seem.
That is the way to go really. Expensive name brands look like shit when they don’t fit right. I usually buy “close enough” shirts and pants and get them altered.

M

MikeBishop

Jan 10, 2024
Snagging shirts for just $4.97 is a real win. It's always a nice surprise to stumble upon clearance racks.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic