Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Bullying

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
My son got in a fight in the third grade. A kid was bullying him and he had enough.He beat the crap out of the bully .Both kids got sent to the principle and I had to go get him.I wasnt upset.I let him stay home and watch cartoons for the 2 days he was suspended from school.In my book he did the correct thing.This kid took barkdust and threw it in his face as he was going down the slide.
I was bullied in middle school for being a fat kid.In high school I was a mean fat kid and they left me alone. I got in a fight in 10th grade within a month of moving high schools.The pecking order was figured out and they didnt mess with me after that.

That shit pissed me off as a kid. I got detentions a few times because I was just defending myself.

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
I dunno...it's tough being the teacher of a student who is "sick" every day, cries, has major emotional issues, because of a bully. toughen up? She's the sweetest kid in the world, she's picked on because she's so sweet, and this kid (who is obviously a jerk) preys on her innocence. This kid is also so sneaky, that i have NEVER caught her in the act... so, what do I do?? Tell the kid to punch her in the face? I'd love to. But, I'd probably lose my job.

I do think parents of bullies and the bullied need to teach their kids about respect, and defense mechanisms.

Maybe I'm a chauvenist or something, but girl bullying might need to be addressed in a different angle. Maybe teacher/parent intervention, but definitely not government intervention. There's very very little that needs government intervention.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
There are three types of people in this world, the wolves, the sheep and the sheep dogs. That's life and the natural order of things.

Last edited by a moderator:
AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
my daughter is bigger than any of the other kids in her class and she is also a little on the chunky side. i have tried to prepare her for kids making fun of her and bullying her. she has a big heart and she is smart and i know she will be fine! my son, he is the tallest in his class and is often mistaken for being older. i am trying to teach him to stand up for the kids that are being picked on and he is also aware that if he ever does it that i will spank his butt.

i was picked on and made fun of pretty much all the way through school. my daughter comes home and says that the kids wont play with her and i tell her that it is alright, mamma never had any friends and i turned out all right! the bullies will always be there but as parents we should prepare our kids and teach them to not be the bully but rather the defender!

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
As a kid I gave and I received. Kids 3-4 years older than me would bully me but I never let anyone my age do so. As for me giving, I bullied a kid badly in the 3rd grade. He got fed up one day and gave me a black eye. Stopped bullying him immediately.

Re cyber bullying, I have no tolerance for that crap. Kids hiding behind their keyboards, ganging up on innocent kids need the belt taken to their ass by their parents.

BlueDevil

BlueDevil

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
As a kid I gave and I received. Kids 3-4 years older than me would bully me but I never let anyone my age do so. As for me giving, I bullied a kid badly in the 3rd grade. He got fed up one day and gave me a black eye. Stopped bullying him immediately.

Re cyber bullying, I have no tolerance for that crap. Kids hiding behind their keyboards, ganging up on innocent kids need the belt taken to their ass by their parents.

That's another one I just don't get. If someone physically confronts you at school or something you can't just go home and it is hard to walk away, but if someone is saying shit to you on the damn internet that you don't like then just click that little red 'X' at the top of the tab or turn the damn thing off. :-??

Kids these days... sheesh. Maybe part of the problem is they are all to wired-in in the comfort of their homes playing xbox or on facebook. If they were outside scrapping their knees and beating themselves up maybe they would be a little tougher.

I got a little BIL like that. Kid is almost 15 and all he does is play video games. No sports, no band, has like 2 friends who are just like him. He's soft, weak, socially awkward, and last year my in-laws had to put him in therapy because he was having anxiety attacks and breakdowns. He's never been pushed to do anything. Never competed. Always gets his way and his folks let him sit on a computer or a game system all day long when he isn't in school. In 3 years he's going to be out of their house and life is going to hit him like a ton of bricks because he has never had to face any kind of challenge whatsoever.

My kids ain't getting no damn computer. They're getting a football and some firecrackers. lol

Youngstunna

Youngstunna

Trenja Turtle
Oct 21, 2010
I got bullied all the time when i was younger cause I was always class clown and was always small, so my dad put me in kickboxing, people then started picking on me to see if I would fight.........My old man use to tell me if you loose a fight you better get Knocked Out cause if he just gets the best of you, Im gonna whip your ass when you get home.......I got suspended for school several times and he never got mad at me as long as I didnt go out like a bitch......He had me in kickboxing for 7 years and it got to the point where fighting with the everyday kid was sort of a joke......Point is I think it made me who I am, I dont claim to be the best fighter and hell I have had my ass kicked and put in a emergency room getting Catscanned, but it taught me to stand up for myself.....Alot of these kids today arent gonna get those life lessons and when in a real world situation not gonna know how to handle it......

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
The american goverment is a bullshit corrupt bunch of hyppicrites. We have shitloads of entitled citizens that need to impose themselves. A world full of idiots. Bullying, obama , athletes being in criminaluzed for hgh. Lmao...all symptoms of a weakminded, ckueless society. The pussification of america. We got men and women who sacrifice family contact and risk their lives overseas and they come back we got the fucked up pussy asshole groups protesting at funerals of fallen soldiers? I say bullies for senate

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Amen Mr. Stunna Sr., amen

QUOTE=Youngstunna;68425]I got bullied all the time when i was younger cause I was always class clown and was always small, so my dad put me in kickboxing, people then started picking on me to see if I would fight.........My old man use to tell me if you loose a fight you better get Knocked Out cause if he just gets the best of you, Im gonna whip your ass when you get home.......I got suspended for school several times and he never got mad at me as long as I didnt go out like a bitch......He had me in kickboxing for 7 years and it got to the point where fighting with the everyday kid was sort of a joke......Point is I think it made me who I am, I dont claim to be the best fighter and hell I have had my ass kicked and put in a emergency room getting Catscanned, but it taught me to stand up for myself.....Alot of these kids today arent gonna get those life lessons and when in a real world situation not gonna know how to handle it......[/QUOTE]

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
That's another one I just don't get. If someone physically confronts you at school or something you can't just go home and it is hard to walk away, but if someone is saying shit to you on the damn internet that you don't like then just click that little red 'X' at the top of the tab or turn the damn thing off. :-??
Well here's the thing BD, admin and the mods can't even get the adult members here to do that so how do you expect children to?

Anyway, I think cyber bullying goes a little deeper than that... it usually involves spreading vicious lies about someone that spreads through the school and hurts the reputation of the child. A lot of it can be extremely cruel and has led to some kids committing suicide.

BlueDevil

BlueDevil

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
Well here's the thing BD, admin and the mods can't even get the adult members here to do that so how do you expect children to?

Anyway, I think cyber bullying goes a little deeper than that... it usually involves spreading vicious lies about someone that spreads through the school and hurts the reputation of the child. A lot of it can be extremely cruel and has led to some kids committing suicide.

The first part, you have a good point.

The second, that's nothing new. People have been spreading rumors about each other for as long as possible. The internet just makes it easier. 90% of the stories that went around my HS were bullshit. This guy did that or that girl did this, blah, blah, blah. and that was before everyone had cell phones, and shit like facebook didn't even exist.

I think we can all agree people have always been picked on. Either these suicides are being blown out of proportion (because teen suicide rates have always been high) or the rate has increased for other reasons (people are just softer), because I don't believe bullying happens any more often or is any more malicious than was when I was in school 15 years ago.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Just read through the whole thread, and I think the bottom line that we all agree on is that the government needs to stop micro-managing the social hierarchy and PARENTS need to step the hell up.

I had an older brother who was 2lbs 2oz when he was born (10 weeks premature), and he developed slow as hell, always smaller than everyone even near his age. He would get mercilessly picked on, and then come home and take it out on me. I'm not saying that he would abuse me like some low-life fathers out there, but he would definitely whup my ass and talk down to me. I would in turn take it out on my classmates in elementary school, and being one of the biggest kids (and toughest because of my brother) I became a nightmare bully. My parents really didn't have a clue, because I was smart enough to get away with it most of the time, but when I got to middle school, it came out quickly that I was an asshole bully, because my mom was a 6th grade teacher at the school and her students spilled the beans. Needless to say, I had a life-changing year, and turned from bully to bully-beater by 7th grade. Never reverted back to bullying, and in fact, I probably apologized to a 100 or more kids that I used to bully. Not because my mom made me, but because my parents made me realize what a prick I'd been. I felt terrible, and in a way, I still do.

On a side note, my parents are both schoolteachers, and they say the difference in children's behavior now compared to 20 years ago is amazing, and parents are to blame, not lack of government laws.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic