Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Bullying

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
I'm not at all saying it's a right, or a good thing. Although it's probably safe to say that we've all been bullied and it's been part of our development shaping who we are. I was the chunky kid that the cool kids wanted to start shit and fight with. I think it's probably safe to say that, that had a part in me being who I am now. And shit, I became friend with those guys and still keep tabs as facebook buddies.

What I think is wrong about the whole issue is that people think that all of a sudden there needs to be government action. Laws must be passed and tax dollars spent making it illegal. I do understand the cyber aspect has upped the ante, but still!

So what are your thoughts on the issue?

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Character is built from life experiences. I was bullied so i got tougher. I thinbk its a parenting issue not the govts concern

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
pussification of America. Let's make everything thats not nice against the law. Its all nanny state bullshit and its happening because too many parents are absent in their kids lives. Of course thats because we have people running this country into the ground so parents have to work 4 jobs to feed their kids... But anyway, there has always been bullying, its only because a couple school shootings and a couple suicides happened; coupled with 24 hour news channels reporting on it endlessly. This shit always happened and always will happen and there is no stopping it.

We are animals. There is a pecking order and the weak are not meant to survive and breed. To try and force otherwise, is a crime against nature. Teach your kids to fight for their beliefs and to stand up for themselves.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Talli America and they Wan't sheople! folks, plain and simple.

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
Ha! My wife made me wonder if I'm being an insensitive dick. At least I'm in good company. I cleaned up my thoughts a little so I'll just say I'm holding back on who the hypersensitive people killing themselves are and what I think of them.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Ha! My wife made me wonder if I'm being an insensitive dick. At least I'm in good company. I cleaned up my thoughts a little so I'll just say I'm holding back on who the hypersensitive people killing themselves are and what I think of them.

Burn says I.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Maybe the people pushing for these laws didn't adapt well to bullying. Bullying is part of growing up. Making draconian laws against it is social engineering. I just edited out some other shit I was going to write because it would be pretty inflammatory. I got into big fights over this crap in real life and a couple times on other boards. When it comes to this kind of thing, hate crimes and gay rights I am pretty socially conservative. There are already laws in place for when stuff gets out of hand. There is no need for any special laws for any special groups.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
Maybe the people pushing for these laws didn't adapt well to bullying. Bullying is part of growing up. Making draconian laws against it is social engineering. I just edited out some other shit I was going to write because it would be pretty inflammatory. I got into big fights over this crap in real life and a couple times on other boards. When it comes to this kind of thing, hate crimes and gay rights I am pretty socially conservative. There are already laws in place for when stuff gets out of hand. There is no need for any special laws for any special groups.

If you want to talk hate crimes I think black on white violence should be a hate crime. You know damn well it is the other way around.

Slic.

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
I had a kid pick a fistfight with me when I was in high school because I had a crewcut and was a punk rocker, I had just had brain surgery after a skateboard accident. He didn't know I was a girl. Then he wrote me an apology note. I told him to keep it and think of this whenever he wanted to be a big man and pick on people who are different. I don't think I could have become the person I am unless I had to defend myself in school. Like the t-shirt I saw the other day, "I USED TO get picked on."

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Adversity strengthens us, I know it has for me and like POB said it's the pussification of our country but I don't really think it's just limited to us it's all over the place. People who picked on me got their asses beat and now we're friends, well most of them. I think it helped them to get a lesson as well as it helping me to realize I didn't have to take shit from idiots like them.

acon83

acon83

TID VIP Lady Member
Jul 6, 2011
I dunno...it's tough being the teacher of a student who is "sick" every day, cries, has major emotional issues, because of a bully. toughen up? She's the sweetest kid in the world, she's picked on because she's so sweet, and this kid (who is obviously a jerk) preys on her innocence. This kid is also so sneaky, that i have NEVER caught her in the act... so, what do I do?? Tell the kid to punch her in the face? I'd love to. But, I'd probably lose my job.

I do think parents of bullies and the bullied need to teach their kids about respect, and defense mechanisms.

Reactions: SAD
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic