Members
Latest Member
jacobss

building a bench progress pics

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
That's a good bench to copy. The Rogue Westside bench is the same I use and 300 is less then half of what Rogue charges.

E

EastCoast1

Jul 20, 2015
Just because those other are better for you doesnt mean they are for him. He obviously likes this set up otherwise he wouldnt have used it as the basis of design.

Or he has never actually used it, and just was going off it looking good in pics(having adjustable safeties, etc).

Bottom line is we have one in the gym, and it serves as a drink/cellphone holder..lol It is not really engineered well, even more so for someone moving the weight he is, or a competition lifter. If you use our SNP bench, and the Rogue back to back, you would never use the Rogue again. And that is exactly what happens. NO ONE uses it. Not even the women want to use it.lol

If you ever decide to make another LMK and I will give you the dimensions of our SNP.

And what difference does it make to you? I am giving first hand experience, on how he can make it better, you are offering nothing useful..lol

uncxrt can chime in. He has used it.

Last edited:
A

aperry580

Oct 1, 2015
Never have used it just used it for a template really an he's right I've always used shit benches but I know what I like .we're changing the seat mount so it has almost a walk thru design an doesn't have a bar by your legs .probably gonna add a spotter platform later

E

EastCoast1

Jul 20, 2015
Never have used it just used it for a template really an he's right I've always used shit benches but I know what I like .we're changing the seat mount so it has almost a walk thru design an doesn't have a bar by your legs .probably gonna add a spotter platform later

aperry580 That will actually help a lot. Getting rid of that area and adding a spotter platform is a good move! That is one of the big issues I have with this bench. It is VERY hard to spot someone adequately because of the cross brace, and lack of platform. Especially someone tall. Uncxrt is 6'5 so needs to have the Jhooks set high, it was damn near impossible for me to lift off for him, and we would have to use 2 people as side spotters much of the time, because I was in such a bad position to get to the bar in case shit hit the fan.

Also possibly changing the position of the uprights/ or the position the bench sits in relation to them. The way rouge has them, kind of puts you in a shitty position for lifting off. You are usually way low on the bench because those bars by your feet are in they way of setting up further back. I know you like lifting off for yourself so this is will be a bigger problem for you IMO.

I would get it assembled/mocked up and lay on the bench, and put the uprights in the optimal position for you. This stuff isn't a huge deal for the casual lifter, but with you being as strong as you are, and the chance of injury being much higher(and can be catastrophic) you want to get this thing dialed in as best as possible.

And this is why I brought all this up, so you can at minimum make some design changes before it is too late and everything is fabbed up. I have used this bench extensively, and figured if I can save you some headache, it would be useful.

Last edited:
A

aperry580

Oct 1, 2015
Yeah I'm putting like four holes in the sides so I can slide the bench up an down where I want it

O

og17

Dec 27, 2015
Looks killer. My brother welds, need to put him to work.

Im asking cause i dont know, but will the spotter stand be adjustable or fixed?

U

uncxrt

MuscleHead
Sep 7, 2015
I hate the rogue bench, pure and simple. I can't even use it, as when I lay back the bars at the front of the bench don't allow me to put my feet far enough back.

As for the cage type setup as the rogue, the forza and SNP bench we have, has safety arms. I use them all the time for things like dead bench.

A

aperry580

Oct 1, 2015
ended up not moving the front bar cause my legs come nowhere near it . its finished I just have to wait on the pad .ill post some more pics

B

body_by_donuts

Jul 5, 2011
Very nice man, cant wait to see it finished.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
@aperry580 This is really super. I love to see guys making their own equipment, and doing it right.

My coach built his own bench and it's great. He bought the j hooks and support arms (no cage on his) and it works perfect.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic