building a bench progress pics

A

aperry580

Oct 1, 2015
image000000l.jpg
image000000.jpg
image0000001.jpg
copying the rogue westside but were using 3x3
gonna use a Thompson fat pad may make j hooks not sure the 3x3 ones are crazy expensive

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Hell yeah man. I would love to have those skills

A

aperry580

Oct 1, 2015
if we make the j hooks ill have a litte over 300 in it with the fat pad an hardware. im pumped so far my friend is a monster on that welder. its gonna weigh around 400 lbs lol

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
It needs to be beefy with the weights you're throwing around

A

aperry580

Oct 1, 2015
Lol yeah I guess your right man. cant wait to be able lift any time I want . I work most hours my gyms open this thing is gonna be great. now I just need 600+ lbs of weight and a bar. scouring craigslist

E

EastCoast1

Jul 20, 2015
You should have picked a better bench to use as your inspiration. The rogue setup is kind of shitty in application. The concept looks good on paper but using it, poses some challenges. I would recommend at minimum making a spotter platform, especially moving the weights you do.

I mean it is better than the commercial gym bench you have been using but if you are putting forth the $ and time you could have cloned an elite fts, SNP, or Forza.

Last edited:
S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Looking forward to seeing it assembled.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
You should have picked a better bench to use as your inspiration. The rogue setup is kind of shitty in application. The concept looks good on paper but using it, poses some challenges. I would recommend at minimum making a spotter platform, especially moving the weights you do.

I mean it is better than the commercial gym bench you have been using but if you are putting forth the $ and time you could have cloned an elite fts, SNP, or Forza.

Just because those other are better for you doesnt mean they are for him. He obviously likes this set up otherwise he wouldnt have used it as the basis of design.

SuperBane

SuperBane

Jun 29, 2013
Nice. Great idea. I saved a bunch of photos from elite figured one day I would do the same.
Are you guys using a granite plate to setup on? Keep everything nice flat and level?
Mig I assume?

A

aperry580

Oct 1, 2015
Don't have a granite plate lots of levels and a laser . Yeah mig . Picked this one cause I work out alone and I like the cage design an face saver bars. Definitely adding a spotter platform . I thought about copying those others an maybe we will make another one but honestly this looked the easiest to pull off right

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic