Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

bragging rights

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Maybe you know. Whats going on with an Arnold comp in Europe? Is thre some kind of coup going on to get Manion's North American federation out of th limelight? Looks like from teh talk by Arnold and other s there might be a push for drug testing and moving BBing towards an Olympic sport again.

The IFBB is the INTERNATIONAL Federation of Bodybuilders as originated by the Weiders. There's no reason it would be limited to ONLY North America.

Personally I don't see BB every making it into the Olympics. None of it makes any sense w/o a MASSIVE redefinition of the sport. MASSIVE redefinition of the sport. I also hate to say it but its a little hypocritical of Arnold to promote a drug-tested sport for the Olympics. I just dont' see it flying. We in the industry can barely agree to call it a sport or not, so why would it be in the Olympics?

According to wikipedia:

From the 1980s to his death in 2008, IFBB president Ben Weider petitioned the International Olympic Committee (IOC) for inclusion of bodybuilding in the Olympic Games. On January 30, 1998, the IFBB was made a provisional member, and the membership was subsequently made permanent on 1 August 2000. The IFBB unsuccessfully petitioned the Olympic organising committee to demonstrate the sport at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece.

And from the IFBB.com website / About the IFBB:

"In sport, there are no limitations, no barriers of race, religion, politics or culture. In sport, we are in touch with each other. Bodybuilding is important for Nation Building"
- Ben Weider, O.C., C.St.J, C.Q., Ph.D. [1923-2008]

"Bodybuilding is the ideal antiaging life style"
- Dr. Rafael Santonja

The IFBB was founded in 1946 in Montreal, Canada by brothers Joe and Ben Weider. Ben Weider served as IFBB President from 1946 to 2006.

The current IFBB President is Dr. Rafael Santonja of Madrid, Spain.

The IFBB is registered as a not-for-profit legal entity.

The IFBB currently has 182 affiliated National Federations.

The IFBB organizes each year more than 2,500 competitions at the national, regional, continental and world levels.

The IFBB is recognized by over 90 National Olympic Committees.

The IFBB participates as a medal sport in the following IOC recognized Regional Games:

The Pan American Games
The South American Beach Games
The Central American Games
The Arab Games
The African Games
The World Games

The IFBB is recognized by the Supreme Council for Sport in Africa.

The IFBB is member of the Pan American Sport Confederation.

The IFBB is member of the European Games.

The IFBB has been a member of the General Association of International Sports Federations (GAISF) since 1971. GAISF is recognized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC).

The IFBB is a founding member of the International World Games Association (IWGA) and has competed as a medal sport in all World Games since the inaugural Games in1981.

The IFBB is a Signatory to the World Anti-Doping Agency Code (WADA Code) in compliance with the 2009 code.

The IFBB is supported by millions of youngsters around the world who want to keep healthy and fit through exercise.

The IFBB supports Bodybuilding and Fitness as the ideal anti-aging lifestyle.

The IFBB promotes a healthy lifestyle and actively discourages the use of tobacco, alcohol and drugs.

The IFBB represents not only an excellent sport but a superb social lifestyle encouraged by numerous governments around the world.

Last edited:
Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Thats awesome bro. Nothing makes us Dads happier than seeing our kids succeede in something they love. It is really cool that your whole family is into BBing.

grayclaws

grayclaws

Aug 23, 2011
Is this the one you were thinking of? http://www.theironden.com/female-bo...ell-make-lot-guys-go-hell-their-thoughts.html

Congrats to your daughter and making it a family affair! The first show I ever did, there was a 16 yr old competing in the women's novice division as there was no Teens division in this particular show. Her parents were the ones promoting the show and she actually also did a Pairs routine (back when they still did pairs routines) w/ her brother. She looked like a gawky 16 yr old, and oddly, you could tell that she got all her posing training from guys, but she was up there w/ the same dedication & determination that we were all up there with.

So my point being that your daughter & this girl are standing examples of very youthful competitors in the sport. I even know of one kid who competed at age 13 in the Teen and Novice divisions of a show I did in 2005. (This kid is a genetic freak to be sure - he's been a nationally ranked wrestler & football player at the HS level since.)

And then there is this 14 yr old girl who wins the Arnold Amateur Europe in Bikini. Is there an issue? I tried researching the age requirements for the IFBB / Europe (NPC doesn't apply over there) and couldn't find anything outside of the age requirements for the specific age categories (E.g Mens BB 40 and Over). There's a been a huge negative response to the judges rewarding this particular girl, or even the fact that her parents let her on stage as a Bikini competitor, even though I can't find anything that precludes her from being a legitimate competitor.

What are your thoughts?

The age requirments in the state of Texas NPC teen division is 17-19. We sent out an email to the show promoter and he allowed her to participate. My wife was also doing the same show. She beat the wife BTW! I didn't participate in this show cause I promised I would train and prep them. Each show is different I assume.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Congrats grayclaws!! That is amazin I hlope we can say the same thing in 11 years!!

Sassy, I think the issue was people view bikini as the sexualized version of bb, and that it was wrong to sexualiZe her I drew nothing wrong with it, that girl probably worked herf ass off and I don't see how its any different than a fashion, runway, pageant in the sexualization of it...for my own daughter I would rather her be interested in figure or fitness, wbb etc than bikini at aage 14 buy if she inheirts my hips bikini might be where she is competitive andx I would not discourage her!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic