Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

bragging rights

grayclaws

grayclaws

Aug 23, 2011
Just had to brag as a proud Dad. We are a family of Bodybuilders and our 15 year old daughter just did her first show. She took miss Teen Texas figure and came runnerup overall figure winner at the Texas State Championships. As a father I couldn't be any prouder. Now we have to build a Trophy room in the house.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
that is awesome! congrats to you and the whole family!

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
Nice. And odd, there was just a thread about this.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Never heard of a whole family doin the bbin thing, very cool, congrats.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Nice. And odd, there was just a thread about this.

Is this the one you were thinking of? http://www.theironden.com/female-bo...ell-make-lot-guys-go-hell-their-thoughts.html

Congrats to your daughter and making it a family affair! The first show I ever did, there was a 16 yr old competing in the women's novice division as there was no Teens division in this particular show. Her parents were the ones promoting the show and she actually also did a Pairs routine (back when they still did pairs routines) w/ her brother. She looked like a gawky 16 yr old, and oddly, you could tell that she got all her posing training from guys, but she was up there w/ the same dedication & determination that we were all up there with.

So my point being that your daughter & this girl are standing examples of very youthful competitors in the sport. I even know of one kid who competed at age 13 in the Teen and Novice divisions of a show I did in 2005. (This kid is a genetic freak to be sure - he's been a nationally ranked wrestler & football player at the HS level since.)

And then there is this 14 yr old girl who wins the Arnold Amateur Europe in Bikini. Is there an issue? I tried researching the age requirements for the IFBB / Europe (NPC doesn't apply over there) and couldn't find anything outside of the age requirements for the specific age categories (E.g Mens BB 40 and Over). There's a been a huge negative response to the judges rewarding this particular girl, or even the fact that her parents let her on stage as a Bikini competitor, even though I can't find anything that precludes her from being a legitimate competitor.

What are your thoughts?

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Is this the one you were thinking of? http://www.theironden.com/female-bo...ell-make-lot-guys-go-hell-their-thoughts.html

Congrats to your daughter and making it a family affair! The first show I ever did, there was a 16 yr old competing in the women's novice division as there was no Teens division in this particular show. Her parents were the ones promoting the show and she actually also did a Pairs routine (back when they still did pairs routines) w/ her brother. She looked like a gawky 16 yr old, and oddly, you could tell that she got all her posing training from guys, but she was up there w/ the same dedication & determination that we were all up there with.

So my point being that your daughter & this girl are standing examples of very youthful competitors in the sport. I even know of one kid who competed at age 13 in the Teen and Novice divisions of a show I did in 2005. (This kid is a genetic freak to be sure - he's been a nationally ranked wrestler & football player at the HS level since.)

And then there is this 14 yr old girl who wins the Arnold Amateur Europe in Bikini. Is there an issue? I tried researching the age requirements for the IFBB / Europe (NPC doesn't apply over there) and couldn't find anything outside of the age requirements for the specific age categories (E.g Mens BB 40 and Over). There's a been a huge negative response to the judges rewarding this particular girl, or even the fact that her parents let her on stage as a Bikini competitor, even though I can't find anything that precludes her from being a legitimate competitor.

What are your thoughts?

Maybe you know. Whats going on with an Arnold comp in Europe? Is thre some kind of coup going on to get Manion's North American federation out of th limelight? Looks like from teh talk by Arnold and other s there might be a push for drug testing and moving BBing towards an Olympic sport again.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
Nothing like being a prode dad..congrats bro...i would brag to....dw

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic