Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Bitcoin prediction

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
This April split is coming up and saying this month could be massive. I only have a couple grand in bitcoin but thinking of a bigger jump in with this coming up. What you say?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
No clue, but I just sit and watch my stuff grow. Even the stuff I bought back in November has grown 120%.

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
Just be careful. There is also the school of thought that the halving is already baked into the current price. AKA, the whales may take profits when the halving takes place and leave us common folks holding the bag for a few years as we wait for Wall Street to pump the price again.

Long-term it is a solid hold regardless of what happens in the interim.

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
Just be careful. There is also the school of thought that the halving is already baked into the current price. AKA, the whales may take profits when the halving takes place and leave us common folks holding the bag for a few years as we wait for Wall Street to pump the price again.

Yeah. That is kinda my thought too. Definitely leaving on the long term at this point for sure

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010

That's what I've been thinking as well. I've always had this gut feeling that in the world of crypto there are those in "the know" and the rest are suckers. If you don't know which camp you fall in, you're likely one of the suckers.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
Buy.

as mentioned, whales will sell at times and price will dip, as any market.

“higher highs, lower lows”. look big picture at it.

HODL- hold on for dear life. So many many factors and reasons that regardless what is threatened etc, BTC will LIKELY be at $150k in one year.

Buy, and HODL for a few years.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Hell I jumped in not knowing anything about it. I bought all sorts of crypto. My son stuck with bitcoin and has at least 1 and % more. I spread mine out with cardano, dot, ect, I do have a shit ton of Doge which i am way up on right now. I will just hang onto it. As far as I am concerned the $ is gone. i do not need it so I will let it ride.

956Vette

956Vette

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2010
Hell I jumped in not knowing anything about it. I bought all sorts of crypto. My son stuck with bitcoin and has at least 1 and % more. I spread mine out with cardano, dot, ect, I do have a shit ton of Doge which i am way up on right now. I will just hang onto it. As far as I am concerned the $ is gone. i do not need it so I will let it ride.
What's wrong with following your sons's lead? Don't let the exchanges to pressure you to become a bagholder. All the charisma (enjoyable scams) and knowledge transfer (ponzi education) has consolidated to BTC, ETH and SOL. Unsure what is funny about ADA, DOT or DOGE...esp as we're seeing a cat shitcoin/meme meta rn, hah.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Everyone, don't get me wrong on crypto. I don't mess with it because I don't understand it. If I don't understand why it's going up, I won't understand why it's going down. So based on my knowledge base, I view like the tulip bulb bubble in The Netherlands in the early 1600s. Doesn't mean that it is a bubble, but I put my money to work in areas where I feel like I have data that I understand. I understand the history of the S&P 500, so investing in an index fund is a reasoned investment for me.

In crypto, I've seen it as a hedge against inflation, as there is a limited amount of BTC, but when you look at the charts, it doesn't follow inflationary fears. So I don't understand it. While the U.S. is printing money irresponsibly, it's still the reserve currency of the world, and as much of a mess that it is, it's still the best option on the block.

Lastly, if BTC really does survive, and I hope that it does just to give nation states "the bird," I see both China and the U.S. trying to kill it legislatively, as neither country can afford a currency that removes state control of interest rates and monetary supply. But there are a lot of unknowns.

My brothers, who are smarter than me on markets and equities tell me I still should consider putting 2-3% of my portfolio in crypto, and just hold it.

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
Everyone, don't get me wrong on crypto. I don't mess with it because I don't understand it. If I don't understand why it's going up, I won't understand why it's going down. So based on my knowledge base, I view like the tulip bulb bubble in The Netherlands in the early 1600s. Doesn't mean that it is a bubble, but I put my money to work in areas where I feel like I have data that I understand. I understand the history of the S&P 500, so investing in an index fund is a reasoned investment for me.

In crypto, I've seen it as a hedge against inflation, as there is a limited amount of BTC, but when you look at the charts, it doesn't follow inflationary fears. So I don't understand it. While the U.S. is printing money irresponsibly, it's still the reserve currency of the world, and as much of a mess that it is, it's still the best option on the block.

Lastly, if BTC really does survive, and I hope that it does just to give nation states "the bird," I see both China and the U.S. trying to kill it legislatively, as neither country can afford a currency that removes state control of interest rates and monetary supply. But there are a lot of unknowns.

My brothers, who are smarter than me on markets and equities tell me I still should consider putting 2-3% of my portfolio in crypto, and just hold it.
I have a friend who was the town charlatan. He had essencial oils, and every snake oil you could think of. In 2011 he was on my bumper about Bitcoin, he dropped every dime he could on it. He know owns a pad on the water in Laguna Beach, and every thing there starts at 8 million on the water. He has everything he always wanted.... I dont know about holding forever, but he made somewhere near 20 Million...

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012

If you are way up on Doge consider converting it to something like Ethereum or even Solana. You can then stake it and earn a decent yield plus benefit from the more stable appreciation. I am earning an effective yield of 4.5% on crypto I plan on holding long-term regardless by staking it on a platform like Coinbase.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I have a friend who was the town charlatan. He had essencial oils, and every snake oil you could think of. In 2011 he was on my bumper about Bitcoin, he dropped every dime he could on it. He know owns a pad on the water in Laguna Beach, and every thing there starts at 8 million on the water. He has everything he always wanted.... I dont know about holding forever, but he made somewhere near 20 Million...
I had the opportunity to be in on the ground floor, buying when it was fractional cents per coin or even mining myself. As usual, never once make a good financial decision. I didn't even take it seriously when it spiked to a few hundred dollars.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic