angelarbatt
What's New?

big bears last shout at glory lol

B

Bigbear

Mar 24, 2013
ok ill start with the usuals
a bit of background
started training when i was 15 in the basement joined a gym at 16 and progressed well but made the mistake of thinking weight was muscle result was at 19 iwas 335lb strong but fat natty i trained mainly for power but decided i wanted to enter a bodybuilding show
i started dieting on easter monday and stepped on stage on oct 14th at 200lb i was helped by key taylor british lightweight champ and mary anne gaye female pro
i won my show but felt there was no where else to go, natty shows in uk back then were small and had little following so i turned to the dark side 4 years later i was sitting at 340lb in ok condition (around 15%bf) and looking for a show i had decided on th enorth east efbb qualifier in leeds, it was about this time i met dorian yates. he said that if i could come in condition for leeds i was to go and see him and he would mentor me, well i was stoked hit the gym with amazing intensity, the result a completely detached left pectoral during a set of 120lb incline flys
i couldnt get it reattached and got severely depressed, dropped out of training and just got fat 12 years later i was 370lb of blubber
i was involved in a serious accident and when the paramedics arrived was technically dead, they brought me back! it was at that point i decided enough was enough and started sorting my weight out, got back in the gym and now im sitting at 312lb with around 12% ish bf
lifts areas follows
squat 300kg x4 all time best current 300kgx1
bench 210x2 all time best and current
bnp 220x2 all time and current
dead 300kg x 4 all time best (dont dead any more)

i run a hybrid training system ive developed myself nothing new just a mix of TUT (10secs reps) and old school heavy stuff just added in some fast pace high rep volume stuff to help with that loss

diet is
1.2kg steak
1.4kg chicken
400g rice
1.2kg potatoes
1kg broccoli
7-8 l water a day
split over 6 meals

i run SSN products firstly because i highly rate them and secondly because im sponsored by them use alot of fast acting stuff in and around my workouts

ive tried posting pics but unfortunately they are all too big so ill have to get them resized first

ok so todays workout currently nursing a calf strain and a bicep pull

calfs
seated calf raise started with TUT worked up the stack
12 reps
10reps
8 reps
6 reps
3reps kept atthat weight and did two sets of 12 reps then started to come back down stack getting at least 12 reps per set most were nearer 15

calfs were pumped beyond belief couldnt walk didnt push any harder due to strain

shoulders
TUT side raises
15x12
20x10
25x8 just
30x4
30x6 reg form
45x6
60x6 didnt go anyheavier
35x12
30x 13
20x15

rears on machine
TUT
5x12
7x10
9x8
11x4
reg reps
11x11
9x12
9x11

bnp
70kgx12
90kgx12
110x12
110x11
110x7

shrugs
1plate a side on frame x12
2x12
3x12
4x8 stopped as bicep twinged

ab work and 20 mins cardio

decent workout all the recent niggles have been very frustrating it was good to get a decent work out in

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Welcome to TID great post. Glad to have you here.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Definitely subbed and cheering you on for this last big push bear !

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
312 at 12%?

Show da noods young grasshopper. Glad you're ok man.....not about the pec but more about getting out of the accident alive.

Welcome to TID

B

Bigbear

Mar 24, 2013
Ok biceps and quads
Started with seated alt db curl wasn't sure how my bicep was going to hold up but it was fine hit 35kg DBS for a good solid strict set
Then dropped weight picked up pace and repped out for 3 sets
Then did 3 sets of ez curl tut and two sets of high rep, biceps we're fried pumped beyond belief couldn't even touch my face
Quads
Started with alvins leg ext format
So 15 reps 5 secs rest 12 reps 5secs 10 reps
Worked up the stack in 3 sets then changed to
12-10-8 for another 3sets increasing weight each time
Then sets 12 single leg changing foot position every 4 reps x3 sets

Then reverse hack squat
Got up to 3 plates for 12
Swapped to regular hacks started at 3 plates repped to failure then dropped to 2 plates and repped to failure for another two sets
Then widow makers on leg press
I couldn't stand let alone walk lol
Great workout

B

Bigbear

Mar 24, 2013
Ok biceps and quads
Started with seated alt db curl wasn't sure how my bicep was going to hold up but it was fine hit 35kg DBS for a good solid strict set
Then dropped weight picked up pace and repped out for 3 sets
Then did 3 sets of ez curl tut and two sets of high rep, biceps we're fried pumped beyond belief couldn't even touch my face
Quads
Started with alvins leg ext format
So 15 reps 5 secs rest 12 reps 5secs 10 reps
Worked up the stack in 3 sets then changed to
12-10-8 for another 3sets increasing weight each time
Then sets 12 single leg changing foot position every 4 reps x3 sets

Then reverse hack squat
Got up to 3 plates for 12
Swapped to regular hacks started at 3 plates repped to failure then dropped to 2 plates and repped to failure for another two sets
Then widow makers on leg press
I couldn't stand let alone walk lol
Great workout

Lenny89

Lenny89

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2011
We're Abouts uk are you? As you can see am Scottish :)

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Good lord! Welcome to TID . Nice log

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic