Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Nickobat
What's New?

Bicep tendon issues again, so damn annoying.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Damn I really hope someone can help me figure out what's going on and how to help fix this issue. I've been getting this aching, throbbing, painful soreness WHILE benching at the distal end of both biceps, right where they tie into the elbow. Yes, my biceps are hurting while benching heavy. It's mostly on the way down, and in between sets, that the throbbing/aching is the worst. It lingers for a few days after every heavy bench day. I've got a meet I'm getting ready for and I'm determined to pause 385+lbs, but every time I get over 315 my biceps hurt like a m-fer. Hey GETSOME, you know that feeling you'd get at the beginning of spring training every year, the dreaded "dead arm" where your muscles just weren't used to throwing that much? Very similar feeling here, but more focused on the tip of the bicep.

Any suggestions? Thanks guys.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Bump...

All I've got for ya SAD is see a chiro if you can; and a massage therapist and get some tissue work. Do you do site injects in your bi's? Could just be knots or scar tissue tightening up the muscle.

Doing curls sucks, but they're important for elbow health. Make sure you've got some balance between the bicep and tricep and the bicep and forearm.

BrotherIron recommends a product called Screaming Toast. Rub it on pre-workout to get the area loosened up prior to bench.

And of course... Cissus bitch!!!! Yeah! lol

Reactions: SAD
macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I was plagued with bicep tendon issues for a while. Had to take several months off any direct bicep work.

A buddy of mine is a sports chiro helped me out tremendously. He noticed that I was lacking a lot of flexibility in my biceps (as well as other areas) and got me doing stretches. Believe it or not, this took care of the issue totally for me.

My bis had gotten so tight that at a locked elbow, I was straining on them even when not flexing. Like a dead hang. This caused my issues over time.

Like I said, since doing stretches it is 100% gone. Took only a few weeks of stretching to make the pain go away when even resting ofr over 6 weeks did not work.

keith1569

keith1569

Apr 29, 2012
Possibly give tb-500 a try. Lot of people like the results from it.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Haven't done any bicep injects in quite a while, like 9-10 months. Only work biceps MAYBE once every 6 weeks or so, and even then, only a few sets of hammer curls. I've been taking 6 caps of super cissus per day (recommended 4) and it helps greatly with my knee, but has not even dented the issue with my bicep tendons.

Macgyver - You are probably dead on as far as my lack of flexibility. Between yours and POBs advice, I guess I'll go see a chiro and possibly get with a physical therapist as well.

Thanks guys.

ozzy69

ozzy69

MuscleHead
Apr 5, 2011
deep tissue massage might help, but an MRI would be best

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Not at the moment SHINE. Just cruising right now on 250mg/test e and 200mg/bold cyp per week for the next 3 weeks, then I'll blast up to the meet. Was thinking about throwing in some Tren Ace the last few weeks before the meet in August, but I'm reading into your question and it seems like you have a reason for that not being a great idea.....

victorrichards

victorrichards

Nov 26, 2010
Bro I had a slap tear torn Bicep tendon for years and trained with a closer grip on bench. I was power lifting so I over developed my delts and mid chest. Finally it got to bad to train. It took dye in the delt under an MRI and I got it fixed. It was the hardest surgery I have ever had to come back from and I have had over 13. I wind up getting it cleaned out 2 more times after that, 2 years ago they shot the chicken cartilage in my right delt. Torn Bicep tendon and rotator cuff so hopefully yours is just a bicep tendon. When I dint have insurance I did Chiropractor, heat, bio freeze etc .Be cautious bro I hope it heals up whatever it is on its on.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
I have the same pain right now on my left bicep. Between time off and Warming up better. It's not that bad and getting better. I still work Biceps weekly with direct work. I just take more time warming up. Use a little bit lower weight and more reps. I only do one or maybe two sets of heavier weight with 8 or less reps.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
I had something similar.i got deep tissue massage and used a gel cream called de-flame.helps with inflammation.if it persist get a MRI don't take any risks.you don't want any chronic long term injuries.take care

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic