Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
AKC83
What's New?

Best exercise for building outer long head on biceps?

MPMC

MPMC

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
KBD this is your specialty. Share some of those secrets.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Temporary, not permanent

Yup. Some slight growth maybe from the tissue damage by injecting but the point is to make it sore in a pinpointed spot to focus your contraction on.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
You may try preacher curls with an EZ bar using an overhand grip. These really hit the top part of your forearm but are also very good at bringing up the outer biceps.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I recently started doing overhand curls drop sets on the cable machine and feel im getting some progress again. Have you tried pin wheels?

Nov 5, 2011
My arms sucked ass too. Site work and 50 rep drop sets really brought them up. Some people dont believe in spot shots but it has worked for me.

M-Rods

M-Rods

Jun 10, 2011
What length pin are you guys using for bi's?

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
I isolated curl this fall 60 lbs dumbells at 12 reps. My arms did not get bigger; the bicept got longer. I got more growth personally from machine curls to failure (20 rep range) than doing less weight and do partial range of motion till failure. Take it with a grain of salt though; I have small arms (16.75 pumped)

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
Go here - TOP SECRET ARM ARSENAL! - Flex Online

Do the Bicep exercises, believe me they work!!! Also like he said pin outside. I started doing these bicep exercises and can now feel the split in my bicep.

Behind the head cable curl is the shit but i do mine with the ropes and curl your wrists out at the end.

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
I isolated curl this fall 60 lbs dumbells at 12 reps. My arms did not get bigger; the bicept got longer. I got more growth personally from machine curls to failure (20 rep range) than doing less weight and do partial range of motion till failure. Take it with a grain of salt though; I have small arms (16.75 pumped)

gotta ask you... as I see a lot of people using big weights when they do arms yet have the same problem as you. Are you lifting with your biceps, or are your shoulders pulling the majority of the weight? My gf told me the other day she was using 25lbs on concentration curls, I know this is not possible and know her shoulders are doing the work...

Same thing I see all the time on preacher curls, the guys ass is doing the work, shoulders as well, not the biceps...

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
Go here - TOP SECRET ARM ARSENAL! - Flex Online

Do the Bicep exercises, believe me they work!!! Also like he said pin outside. I started doing these bicep exercises and can now feel the split in my bicep.

Behind the head cable curl is the shit but i do mine with the ropes and curl your wrists out at the end.

Just watched the video... I'll give those behind the head cable curls a try... they look like fun.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic