Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Bench press strength training for ORM

78steeler

Mar 21, 2023
I miss Ripped Fuel.

That is another thing. Finding a reputable supplement company. Even the big-name companies sometimes have crap products, meaning they only have a small fraction of the active ingredient they say they do in the actual product. I started only using companies that are 3rd party tested by companies like, Informed Choice. Too many companies out there are 3rd party tested by their best friends or tested only once in the lifetime of the product and claim it is 3rd party tested.
I miss ripped fuel too!

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
I miss Ripped Fuel.

That is another thing. Finding a reputable supplement company. Even the big-name companies sometimes have crap products, meaning they only have a small fraction of the active ingredient they say they do in the actual product. I started only using companies that are 3rd party tested by companies like, Informed Choice. Too many companies out there are 3rd party tested by their best friends or tested only once in the lifetime of the product and claim it is 3rd party tested.
Yup, I used Ripped Fuel for yrs. , the first thing I would drink every morning. I have issues with low blood sugar. I read that chromium picolinate would help so I was able to find some from Twin Labs and it worked great, no more low sugar issues until I ran out. Couldn't find anymore Twin Labs so I tried a different brand and it didn't work at all. Do you know what happened to them? They weren't even more expensive than other brands.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Yup, I used Ripped Fuel for yrs. , the first thing I would drink every morning. I have issues with low blood sugar. I read that chromium picolinate would help so I was able to find some from Twin Labs and it worked great, no more low sugar issues until I ran out. Couldn't find anymore Twin Labs so I tried a different brand and it didn't work at all. Do you know what happened to them? They weren't even more expensive than other brands.
75% of their product sales were Ripped Fuel with ephedra and Andro Poppers. When ephedra and androstenedione were banned Twin Labs couldn't compete with MuscleTech, EAS, ON, etc.. they filed for bankruptcy and IdeaSphere Inc (ISI supplements) bought them out.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
75% of their product sales were Ripped Fuel with ephedra and Andro Poppers. When ephedra and androstenedione were banned Twin Labs couldn't compete with MuscleTech, EAS, ON, etc.. they filed for bankruptcy and IdeaSphere Inc (ISI supplements) bought them out.
Thanks, didn't realize there product line was so limited. Usually the way it is though. The best quality products come from a company that has the worst marketing practices. Too Bad............

3084life

Mar 29, 2023
Another Sunday and and other heavy bench day. Woke up lighter then I've been in years 287.6 down 19 pounds exactly from the weight I was when I hit the 435, and 34 pounds lower then my training weight for that lift. Worked up to a 415 with no real issue, but there was no way 435 was gonna go, so a bit of a black slide. I'm thinking that dropping 40 pounds and maintaining the exact level of strength is never going to happen for me. It was wishfull thinking, but a guys gotta dream, right? I had rested up a bit last week thinking I might be a bit drained, but really I think I messed up my diet that week. I'm shooting for less than a pound a week but dropped 2 after adding .5 the previous week so something happened. Playing around with 200 -300 calories a day is fucking hard, especially when factoring in different levels of expenditure. On a positive note I hit another 665 banded bench a shit ton easier then last week, 680 would have easily gone up, that confuses the workout some. I may up the NPP for the last 4 weeks and see if it plays any role, but this pinning every day is getting fucking annoying. I think I hit something in the right bicep last pinning and my right calf is not liking anything being injected into it. Running out of places to push .8ml a day into.

3084life

Mar 29, 2023
So weight loss and strength gain is a lot fucking harder then I thought! Weighed in at 282.4, hit a 405 second but missed 425 third. Not sure what happened because 405 fucking FLEW up, it was a really quick warmup rep. I thought for sure 435 was in the bag but wanted to save something for the equipped portion, nope, it died 3/4 of the way up right at my normal sticking point. I was doing pin presses' from that spot with 440 two weeks before, so fuck me! Equipped I missed my 615 opener and second, kept the same weight and hit it on the 3rd attempt but it was a disappointment. I warm up with reps at 615 but it was like someone misloaded by 100 pounds for both the 1st and 2nd attempts. I had to pump myself up to the point of a fucking heart attack but I hit it on the 3rd attempt and then nearly had a breakdown I was so mentally exhausted. I was excited, mad, pissed, sad, angry, depressed all at the same time and after the lift and the 3 whites I just about broke down. That in and of itself was enough to fuel the emotional ride I was on and keep it going for a bit. I couldn't talk for 20 minutes after. I'm still sore, and yesterdays workout was weak as fuck. Its going to take a bit to get over this. Add in the nandrolone is wearing off and my fucking joints are killing me! I'm scheduled for another meet on July 13th. The wife keeps saying I'm fucking nuts, I'm starting to believe her.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Trying to lose weight and maintain strength is difficult even when pushing the PEDS up. Eventually, you just do not have enough stored glycogen to produce the power you need.

If I was still competitively lifting and also trying to lose weight, I would probably stick to a carb cycling diet that allows me to eat when I need it and drop the calories when I don't. Like the old Dan Duchaine Bodyopus keto diet, it is going to be harder than your typical diet, as you are up and down all the time and cannot get into a groove where you are just hungry and push through it. You will have days where you are extremely hungry (hungricidal), but you usually have a high carb day to look forward to in the new future to get you through.

Paul Barnett goes over it on his podcast Anabolic Bodybuilding. Justin Harris is the guru on it and you can find him discussing it often as well.

3084life

Mar 29, 2023
Trying to lose weight and maintain strength is difficult even when pushing the PEDS up. Eventually, you just do not have enough stored glycogen to produce the power you need.

If I was still competitively lifting and also trying to lose weight, I would probably stick to a carb cycling diet that allows me to eat when I need it and drop the calories when I don't. Like the old Dan Duchaine Bodyopus keto diet, it is going to be harder than your typical diet, as you are up and down all the time and cannot get into a groove where you are just hungry and push through it. You will have days where you are extremely hungry (hungricidal), but you usually have a high carb day to look forward to in the new future to get you through.

Paul Barnett goes over it on his podcast Anabolic Bodybuilding. Justin Harris is the guru on it and you can find him discussing it often as well.
I'll look them up.

3084life

Mar 29, 2023
So another meet is in the works. I haven't had anywhere enough time to recover from the last one. I really pushed myself and I don't think I got out of it as much as I could have. With trying to drop weight and not lose any strength while prepping for both a raw and equipped meet on the same day, was a destrious idea and one I'll carry with me for a long time, at least until the next opportunity to do both will present itself, I'm not real smart when it comes to that. One thing I have noticed is that toward the end of my workouts now I'm feeling stronger than during them. When I'm done with the main working sets and move to overload work like the 90% and above work, I feel like I wish I could during the working sets. Example... this past wed, warm up is as usual, barx20, 70kg x 8 120kg x 5 and then 6x6 at 140kg at the end of a 6x6 with 140/308 the 5th set is a struggle, the 6th set is a good bit easier and was able to do 8 reps with at least one more in the tank. On to overload work for light days, so 165 3x3, 175 2x2 185 2x1 190 x1. My 175 reps look like the first few 140s and the 185s are like the end of the 140's but the 190 is heavy but it moves pretty good. Now after 51 working reps over 14 sets I should be a pile of shit and 190 should kill me. Why doesn't it? Heavy days are similar but not as drastic. I've been doing this a long time and I've never had this experience. So could the changes be the test and NPP I had been using? I finished up the npp on the 5th of last month and moved back to a trt dosage of test after the 20 of last month. Plan is to start back on test and deca, 200 e4d this time for 16 weeks. It makes meet prep really hard knowing I'm strongest after an 1.5 hours of "warmup", it's just not something you can do in a meet warm-up room. Thoughts on changes to my workout based on the above info to either take advantage of the strength increase after such a long workout or how to modify the workout to migrate that strength curve back into the middle?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
It is weird, but I am at my strongest on TRT. I usually have a little drop in performance after coming off a blast, but 6-8 weeks later my strength is usually above where I was peek cycle. The toxins and inflammation from the gear eventually get to a point where they are counterproductive.

3084life

Mar 29, 2023
It is weird, but I am at my strongest on TRT. I usually have a little drop in performance after coming off a blast, but 6-8 weeks later my strength is usually above where I was peek cycle. The toxins and inflammation from the gear eventually get to a point where they are counterproductive.
Interesting. Thats why I love boards like this.

3084life

Mar 29, 2023
SO a MAJOR setback last weekend. I was ramping up to try a new shirt and was planning on hitting 675-700 to a 3 board just to get a feel for the shirt and see where it would take me, so I put on a newer F8 windowmaker band and loaded up the bar with 665 to get warmed up and accustom to holding and moving with a load, something I've done many times. Well something happened and either I wasn't gripping the bar right, or a side spotter bumped the bar, or something, but as soon as the bar was placed in my hand my left thumb dislocated from the joint and the entire bar crashed down onto my chest. I heard a massive crack when it landed and it took about 20 minutes before I could breath with some regularity and be lifted from the bench. X-rays show no breaks but I can't believe there's not a crack somewhere, it is fucking killing me when I move a way or cough, sneeze or laugh, my thumbs are still unable to grip anything much yet. I know it's just a week after but I'm feeling fucked. Thought I'd share, be safe out there.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic