Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Been a while since I posted. Still around...just cutting. (current leg pic)

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I have been pretty quiet around here lately. Still hitting it just as hard, but been cutting since Jan 1st. Not much exciting to talk about when cutting. It is just something you endure ;)

I am down from a peak of 227 to 205 right now. Lower body is coming in nicely. Arms are similar to legs, but torso is still a work in progress. I have never paid the piper long enough to shed all my abdominal fat. I have got (and now stay for the most part) to the point of "abs" but not chiseled abs. This time I am going to see it through. It is the last "problem area" for me.

I took this at the gym on Wed. Nice to see a payoff, as cutting can be tough on your brain at times. It was not even leg day....just being nice and warm, and possibly that I ate a banana pre-wo. (keeping carbs fairly low these days)

e85064f9-399e-41e8-a6a3-09c02735fe0c_zps2e41db7b.jpg

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
Yeah you definitely got it going on bro. I am jealous

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Thanks for the kind words everyone! As many of you know, cutting can really mess with your head at times. I think that is by far the toughest part. I am going to, for the first time ever in my life, actually see it through. I usually stop at the "I have abs" point, but have never ventured into the 'that dude is ripped" mode. I always let my desire to eat more and lift more weight, stop me.

This time, I am going to see it on though. I figure at worst, if I diet off too much muscle, I can always eat back to where I was. I am not worried about the strength. That always comes back within 2 weeks of eating normal. Anyway, my 1600lb total is a lot more impressive at 198 than 220. The extra fat did not seem to make me much stronger anyway. Just kept my joints feeling better.

I am having my first cheat meal since the end of Dec tonight. My wife is taking me for a night out for my birthday. I might even have a few drinks.... then it is right back on track. (I am embarrassed to say I kept cals low today in trying to keep the impact of tonight to a minimum ;) )

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
Those are some monster quads for 205lbs! Nice work mac

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Must be close to my b-day on Monday :)

hope you celebrate it right, tomorrow you will be back on track, and today will be a happy memory that keeps you motivated :)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic