Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Been a while since I posted. Still around...just cutting. (current leg pic)

reloader77724

reloader77724

Feb 5, 2015
Thanks for the kind words everyone! As many of you know, cutting can really mess with your head at times. I think that is by far the toughest part. I am going to, for the first time ever in my life, actually see it through. I usually stop at the "I have abs" point, but have never ventured into the 'that dude is ripped" mode. I always let my desire to eat more and lift more weight, stop me.

This time, I am going to see it on though. I figure at worst, if I diet off too much muscle, I can always eat back to where I was. I am not worried about the strength. That always comes back within 2 weeks of eating normal. Anyway, my 1600lb total is a lot more impressive at 198 than 220. The extra fat did not seem to make me much stronger anyway. Just kept my joints feeling better.

I am having my first cheat meal since the end of Dec tonight. My wife is taking me for a night out for my birthday. I might even have a few drinks.... then it is right back on track. (I am embarrassed to say I kept cals low today in trying to keep the impact of tonight to a minimum ;) )

That's awesome dude!!!!If you don't mind me asking, what is your leg routine. I'd like to compare to mine to see if I can do more to add mass. I've started really hitting legs like twice a week to really gain some size and definition as well. Thanks.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Been a while since I have posted. Still training hard as ever. Coming up on 3 solid months of dieting. I am going to continue. No I am not doing a contest, I am just doing this for me. I want to finally get lean and see what I have.

Snapped a current pic of the legs "cold" tonight at the gym. As I was saying.....wish the rest of my body would catch up to them. Heck...I even have shin veins now ;)
I got all 'artsy' and snapped a few b&w.

8ea567dd-ce8d-454c-bced-0e8d91f646ff_zpsqm0tolhv.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpscujn04ct.jpg

Here is an upper body I snapped yesterday (sorry for the bad pic). You can see my torso is lagging behind....which is pretty normal. I am going to keep going till I shed all this fluff and get that tight look.

1a24acaf-3e73-4ae2-9a9f-adabefb2a2fe_zpsve8ayl6p.jpg

The cutting has been tough....but worth it. Strength has taken a hit as usual. I am well under 200 but have not stepped on a scale in 4 weeks.

I still managed to pull 585x4 last week and squat 495x3. (not nearly my best, but not bad for a guy eating like a girl and in the low-mid 190's). Have no idea on my bench as I have been rehabbing my shoulder. But I dont think I am benching anywhere near 420 right now.

Gonna keep going and see where I can get to. Just wanted you all to know I was still kicking it! Thanks for the support.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Those are crazy numbers for looking that lean!!!

I'm amazed bro!!!

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Those are crazy numbers for looking that lean!!!

I'm amazed bro!!!

Thanks man. Was not really sure what to expect as I have never leaned out this much. The lack of carbs is the toughest for me. My workouts are great when I am eating 400g plus. On this cut I am always under 200 which makes for many days of dragging a$$. No workouts are easy.

Where the loss of fat really comes in is lifting 'heavy' hurts at times. I dont quite have that 'invincible' feeling and I feel almost 'fragile'. Warmups for me these days a a lot more important than when I was carrying a little more bodyfat.

All in all, it is worth it for me though. I have been 'almost' there a bunch of times. Lately, I have got more comments on my build than ever in the gym. People just perceive me as being bigger now. I guess it is just everything popping out more. I feel almost puny in clothes now though....but in a tank-top or shirtless, I look a lot better. Dropping the waist way down in really sets off every other body part.

Thanks for the props man!

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Outstanding bro... very impressive work.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Looking great bro.

Thanks man! Still going. Coming up on 190 now. Strength is OK but not great.

I decided to check to see how my strength is holding up as I approach 190. I have not been squatting since I just have not felt 'connected' enough to do it. Being on lower carbs, I lack the ability to "push" hard.

These are my first squats in over a month.

Not the best, but kind of what I was expecting... I was feeling OK so I went up to 495. You can see the effect lower carbs has on me. (which I was not quite ready for) The first two reps are easy and it looks like I should get 5 easy. Right out of the hole on my 3rd, my body just did not want to contract the muscles. I went from what felt like 100 to 50% output. I had to get right in the head and suck it up and finish my set. Funny how quick I went south.

I dont EVER do that. In fact, that is the closest I have ever come in my life to ditching a squat set.

Cant wait to get food back in me....but I am going to stick with the cutting for at least a few more weeks. Midsection/chest/armpit area is finally getting thinned out.

<font color="#000000">

f62a7045-5c2e-43bd-8c97-8450f7aac471_zpscamjhqjl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Still way stronger than me with your carb depletion. :) kudos for sure.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Upper body "swelfie" as I am getting close to 190lbs. Funny how little the scale means..I leaned that being attached to scale numbers is pretty pointless.

aa123140-aeac-4454-82d8-133ab1be4ff9_zpsuvk0ijpy.jpg

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Looking great macgyver! I really mean that. The diet is really working for you.

I also will tend to look bigger as I lean out. People will ask me, and I'll actually have to tell them I'm shrinking a bit... they don't believe it.
I started at about 245 in January, and am down to about 233 now. My wife wants me down to 210 or below for health reasons. Will be very
tough to do without some loss in lean mass, but your progress is a great motivation for me! Thanks for sharing.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic