Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Back to bodybuilding

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Impressive ... non-stop till near the end, and then only minimal rests for the last few reps.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Tom Platz fan,,,,u duh man....nice
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I guess, but having seen @bigaldevlin 's vids, I hope He doesn't ever do any of his stuff like when Platz did 500 x 23 in canary-yellow tights with Kaz watching ...... :D

Last edited:
R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
ur dating urselve raw...Katz...lol
smartass.

It's Platz with a "tz" and Kaz with only a "z" ;), and I also recognize pics of Babe Ruth even though I was born a coupla yrs after he was o_O

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Here we go:

(sorry to derail, Al, a little inspiration for ya, or anyone else)

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I have dyslexia especially when reading fast, miss letters, and thus words....

damn, u forget how gargantuan those quads were....and full squats, damn damn damn

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Missed it b4, but in addition to Kaz sorta lending authenticity to the vid, that looks like "Dr. Squat," Fred Hatfield in the white shirt ... both of them coming into camera range late in the Set. (Might) be one of the "Barbarian" twins in the blue shirt helping rack the bar at the very end.

Guessing @Bigtex might have been f2f on a platform w/Kaz or Hatfield back in the day .......

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Missed it b4, but in addition to Kaz sorta lending authenticity to the vid, that looks like "Dr. Squat," Fred Hatfield in the white shirt ... both of them coming into camera range late in the Set. (Might) be one of the "Barbarian" twins in the blue shirt helping rack the bar at the very end.

Guessing @Bigtex might have been f2f on a platform w/Kaz or Hatfield back in the day .......
I do have a picture of me pulling a world record on the deadlift with Kaz watching at a contest in Pennsylvania. Standing next to Kaz was Captain Kirk, Kirk Karwolski. Fred Hatfield was a personal friend of mine and mentor, he was also very close to Tom Platz. This squat off evolved out of the time they were both involved with Vince McMahon as a promotion. Seems like Dr. Squat beat Plats every time. I think this video was done in Germany. Platz and Hatfield were also involved in the International Sport Sciences Association (ISSA) along with Mauro DiPasquale. Hatfield awarded me the honors of the Master of Sport Sciences (MSS), Master of Food Science, (MFS), Hatfield was also instrumental in getting me a job writing in Muscle and Fitness while he was the Sports Science Editor. I had a huge amount of respect for this man.

However, never lifted against either one of them. They were slightly before my time. Kaz retired in 1990, Dr. Squat maybe in 1987 after Gus Rethwisch's 1987 Hawaii World Record Breaker's Meet Tom Platz also retired in 1987. I got started in powerlifting in 1980 and did my first meet as a novice in 1985. So I was no where near as good as either of those guys. I started hitting my prime in the late 1990's and early 2000's after I had made the choice to quit working in bars.

I am shocked that you picked out so many of the guys in the video! I think that was David of the Barbarian Twins spotting on the side.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
. . . . I am shocked that you picked out so many of the guys in the video! I think that was David of the Barbarian Twins spotting on the side.
"Shocked" ? Sheeit. I'm the one who once teased you about Gus' shabby treatment of you, here on this board IIRC.

I've never Squatted 1000 x 1, or 500 x 23, but one old dinosaur knows who best to ask about such things.

How da fuk can you tell between David + Peter Paul ?! :D

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
So my leg was hurting a bit on 140kg and 160kg (without knee wraps) so I didn't go to 180kg like I was tempted, but what a set!

So i strapped up me poorly knee. And 20reps on 160kg, I'll take that. Lungs started to burn at 12reps. Brain was burning at 15reps. Wanted to quit so bad at 18 reps lol but managed to push through to 20reps.

Strength is good, Fitness is getting better, just need to k3ep working in both, until this feels like a warmup (like with 140kg) when it does I'll move up to 180kg

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic