Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Anyone Ever Use Peary Rader's Deadlift Protocol?

J

Joy

TID Lady Member
Nov 5, 2011
I'm looking to change things up for a little while, but still build mass. I ran across Rader's 20 rep deadlift protocol. You load the bar with as much weight as you can pull max 10 reps and you do this for 20 sets. You do it 3x a week and you don't do any other lifts for about a month. Has anyone ever ran this? I'm nervous about the not doing any other lifts part...I'm concerned about losing the gains I've made.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
On the 4 lifts I focus on Press, Squat, Dead, Bench I follow a % based routine very similar to BI's SST program. I haven't found anything that allows you to continue to progress like that routine

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Has anyone tried the method she described? I'm curious myself

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Never done it or heard of this program.

This is just my opinion but I don't believe you get stronger on any particular lift by just performing that lift. I believe you lift more on one of the main lifts by tackling your weaknesses associated with that lift which means you need to focus on assisting lifts and not the main lift. This is one of the principles of my program. This only applies to those who aren't new to lifting. When someone is new to lifting anything will work for them.

O

OldPLer

Nov 29, 2010
wow Perry Rader, name from the past, he had some great ideas and a few off the grid type of things.

I heard about this workout but sorry cant help you because i never tried it and didnt know anyone who did.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Joy, your program works....just switch up your routines and keep mixing up the exercises.

These types of things don't coincide with your goals and how you workout. my.02

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
It's a take on smolov... You'll be swole all over if you know how to Deadlift but you will be beat the hell up for sure.

Reactions: Joy
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
It's a take on smolov... You'll be swole all over if you know how to Deadlift but you will be beat the hell up for sure.

Than it's something that should only be run 1x year max and there's a good chance you may get injured from it. Know many who have gotten injured with that squat routine. It's also not for natty's imho.

Reactions: Joy
J

Joy

TID Lady Member
Nov 5, 2011
Thanks for the tip on the Smolov. I have done some quick research on it.
It looks intense. I combed some other sites and was able to get a good start on the other questions I was having- like should I run some low intensity cardio on the off days, do I want maintenance or bulk calories, injury prevention, ancillary workouts and so on.

From what I am reading on the Smolov the answers to the above are: yes I can run low it cardio if I feel am getting enough recovery, bulk, massages or rollers, no additional workouts. (If anyone has any other input, please share. I’m going blind on this for deadlifting).

I have no goal per se. I only want to get stronger and bigger. If I choose to show, it would never be physique so being too big isn’t an issue. This summer when school is out I am going to look into trying some strong woman stuff with a local sw trainer. I’m just kind of looking for something to fill in the time until then. I’m bored with my current routine.

It does suck that I cannot find one person who has run this program. I will do more research over the weekend, but it looks like I am going to have to be my own guinea pig.

Thanks again guys. When I start it I'll be sure to log it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic