Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Anybody use Jeffersons Lifts

Strongbow

Strongbow

Nov 3, 2011
Anybody use Jeffersons Lifts in their leg training?

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I have used Jeffersons in my routine fairly often. They are a good exercise. I feel them in the hams and glutes mostly. It's been 3-4 months since I've done them so thanks for the reminder. They are an awkward exercise in the beginning until you get the form down. Most people give up on them too soon for this reason.

Here's a picture tutorial for anyone who isn't familiar with them (with a little photoshopping :D)

60fa6402.jpg

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Ya he is, never did that lift but will give it a try

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
I don't like the idea of not having my back straight when doing a squat.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I don't like the idea of not having my back straight when doing a squat.

Almost closer to a deadlift... albeit between your legs, while doing the twist lol

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Almost closer to a deadlift... albeit between your legs, while doing the twist lol
looks like aside from fucking up your back it's a very similar motion to a deadlift with a hex bar.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
It torques the back when you start lifting heavy. I used to do them but I stopped b/c of issues it would cause. You should try behind the back deadlifts AKA Old School Hacks.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
It torques the back when you start lifting heavy. I used to do them but I stopped b/c of issues it would cause. You should try behind the back deadlifts AKA Old School Hacks.
Agree. It's better as a moderate weight exercise. But then again I think most ham exercises are.

Strongbow

Strongbow

Nov 3, 2011
I agree with IronInsanity on the moderate weight for this excersise. I get really good results when doing these, but my legs generally respnd better to things like these and the Charles Glass single leg leg press variation. I do squats and hacks presses and extentions but I get a lot better detail from the things that most people don't do.

Narkissos

Narkissos

Aug 12, 2011
lol... I love the photoshop moreso than the exercise itself.

I've done them in the past, but never was a fan of 'em per se.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic