Rolanalon
What's New?

Anybody follow macros on a bulk

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I'm the same as shortz and POB.

I wing it but I know what I'm winging if others can understand.

HDH

Same here. After a few years of counting calories and macros, I know what's in what.
I know when I'm reaching my carb and fat limit but until then I just eat.
I also have a high metabolism so fat comes on slowly and comes off quickly.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I've never really done this, before I would just focus on getting in enough protein and calories as is the typical routine for many that bulk. Lately my metabolism has been so revved up I feel like shit eating all the calories so I was thinking of doing a 50c/30p/20f while bulking of course in a calorie surplus. Just started it today and feel much better think the extra protein is helping me to feel better then all the carbs and fats.

Just curious if anybody does macros when bulking? or if I'm being stupid for trying this?

I think when you are learning about all of this, you need to count macros and calories: Weigh or measure everything, and log it. Over time you will be able to do that less as you learn what your diet needs to look like.

After getting my macros and calories right (usually a couple of weeks to know for sure), I keep my diet the same each day and I don't weigh or log until I am ready to change things up, then I count everything all over again to be sure I am getting where I need to go.

Last edited:
Blacken

Blacken

Sep 6, 2013
Thank you for all the feedback.

MPMC my calories are ruffly in the same range.

Aug 2, 2013
Yep I used to when I would do a clean bulk (+500-1000) but I'm on a blast right now so its kinda hard to eat super clean, plus I'm eating like a horse so I'm definitely not following my macros/cal intake as closely (mostly keeping track of my protein and cal intake) as I would when I'm on a cut.

H

hungryh

May 14, 2011
Sounds like pain in the arse, eat what you want, when hungry. Just keep protein high, not too much, and not all junk food. simples

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Sounds like pain in the arse, eat what you want, when hungry. Just keep protein high, not too much, and not all junk food. simples

That's what I thought, then I got fat. Now I measure everything and keep my fat gain to a minimum when bulking.

D

danielrh

MuscleHead
Nov 19, 2013
When you are young calorie counting May not matter as much, but over time it is best to learn how your body responds to what. Might be that you find that gluten causes you issues. Maybe carbohydrates in general make you feel worse when they a higher portion of your diet. I myself have found that I need higher fat and protein in my diet and fewer carbs and not wheat. I feel better and function better. But you won't get bigger or stronger if you do not take in enough to cover the repair and growth of your muscles if you do not eat enough, so I would say it is important to track your calories AND your macro percentages to determine what does best for you.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic