Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Any advice?

highonyourmemory

highonyourmemory

Jan 3, 2013
Ive been working out for a week and a half now, day on, day off. I am going to start 4 or 5 times a week with 2 or 3 day rest during the weekend. I work 6 days a week during the evening. Usually get off work 1:30 am and hit the gym at 2:30 am. Thats the only time I can workout. When I do workout, Im doing the entire body. I start off with what know I can do, 10 to 15 reps, 3 sets or when I come to failure. Should I come down on weight and do more sets? Im not as sore anymore Ive notice. After each workout, I run 2 or 3 miles in about 20 mins or so. Im eating as much as I can and staying away from garbage. I eat chicken or eggwhites before I go to bed. Dont know if I should be doing that. I get 8 hours of sleep everyday. When I get up, I eat oatmeal with blueberries and a whey protein drink or two. Throughout the day I eat tuna, chicken, turkey. Drink V8, water, naked juice, more protein whey drink. Before workout protein drink 2 bananas. Trying to do 2-3g per lbs body weight. Just eating much as I can and healthy. Always have ate healthy and this is not a problem and I just eat when my body tells me. Im 6'4,210 good athletic build. Looking for a good solid direction and any advice. Thanks.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
What are your goals?
Is this purely for aesthetic gain or are you chasing a strength goal?
Heart health or fat loss?
Just throwing out a couple options to get you thinking of what your end game is... Let us know!

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
Need to know a little more specifics in what you are looking to do? It will make a big difference on how your question is answered.

highonyourmemory

highonyourmemory

Jan 3, 2013
More of a body transformation. Chasing that better body appearance. Good healthy look and shape, with no fat. Im not fat now and people say Im skinny. Seems like I carry a lot of lower weight in my thighs. I have a 34 waist and not a lot of belly fat. I have a good stomach but no defined abs and Im not really chasing a strength goal. I have decent arms and shape just needs work man. I would say I have a good structure right now and Im told I have the body frame for it. Also, not looking to be Mr. O. Would be nice, but I do want to pack it on to a certain extent.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
If you are going for 4 - 5 times a week I would break it down by body part/area to get the best bang for your buck.
Monday - Back
Tuesday - Chest
Wed - off or Legs
Thursday off or Shoulders
Friday - Arms/Abs/whatever else you want to throw in there

Get some cardio in there, I like pre-workout to warm everything up and you should be all set. You will of course want to find out what works best for you. Higher weight, lower reps, higher reps, lower weight, sets of 3, sets of 5. It's not something someone can just tell you, once you get a feel for the gym and what you are doing you will develop what works best for you.

highonyourmemory

highonyourmemory

Jan 3, 2013
Higher reps, lower weight, works well for me, I always finish out my sets. Higher weight, lower reps, I struggle and fail completion on the last set. I feel like a weak ass when I lower my weight though. Something I need to get over, Im sure. Anyone know of a guide or book I can check out, that show different workouts for the different muscles and whatnot? Something I can follow and progress with.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
If you are going for 4 - 5 times a week I would break it down by body part/area to get the best bang for your buck.
Monday - Back
Tuesday - Chest
Wed - off or Legs
Thursday off or Shoulders
Friday - Arms/Abs/whatever else you want to throw in there

Get some cardio in there, I like pre-workout to warm everything up and you should be all set. You will of course want to find out what works best for you. Higher weight, lower reps, higher reps, lower weight, sets of 3, sets of 5. It's not something someone can just tell you, once you get a feel for the gym and what you are doing you will develop what works best for you.

Great post here! Simple and effective

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I'd suggest including squats and deadlifts no matter what routine you choose. I never grew as fast as when I added those into my workouts!

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
Squats, deadlifts, rows, and presses. Heavy weight and low reps. Get your strength up first and worry about asthetics later. I've been training for years and i still go back to those basics from time to time

B

Bambam2012

Oct 29, 2012
Eat whole food instead of shakes. Add fats, olive oil, avocados, some whole eggs, tuna is good. I know shakes are convenient but whole food is better. Lean beef is not evil either, add some beef. Over 2 grams of protein is a bit much.

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
Not much more to add but feel training the whole body each day is overkill. I like LK's suggestion and will echo Deads and Squats. 1x a week is enough.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic