Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Anavar vs. Winstrol

T

trinitysurf

Mar 10, 2014
Might as well revive an ancient thread with some additional info on Var that may be helpful to the community ;)

A few things I found from resources available through the years:

Since Anavar (Oxandrolone) is typically viewed as the most mild compound available I figured we'd start by looking at what the experts have said through the years about it's ability to aromatize to estrogen, it's affect on the Hypothalamic Pituitary Testicular Axis (HPTA) and it's affect on testosterone production in men.

Dan Duchaine
The Underground Steroid Handbook II
Year: 1989

"Anavar does not aromatize and does not shut down a male's natural testosterone production."

"...Anavar neither stops natural testosterone production, nor turns to estrogen..."

Bill Phillips
Anabolic Reference Guide, 6th Issue
Year: 1991

"Oxandrolone is a very mild, low androgen steroid."

"...it did work to some extent and very rarely caused any adverse reaction."

"Oxandrolone will not aromatize at any dosage. This makes it ideal for steroid users with potential hypertension complications as well as pre-existing gynecomastia."

William Llewellyn
Anabolics, 10th Edition
Year: 2011

"Oxandrolone is not aromatized by the body, and is not measurably estrogenic. Oxandrolone also offers no related progestational activity."

"All anabolic/androgenic steroids when taken in doses sufficient to promote muscle gain are expected to suppress endogenous testosterone production. Oxandrolone is no exception. In the above-cited study on HIV+ males, twelve weeks of 20mg or 40mg per day caused an approximate 45% reduction in serum testosterone levels. The group taking 80mg noticed a 66% decrease in testosterone. Similar trends of decrease were noticed in LH production, with the 20mg and 40mg doses causing a 25-30% reduction, and the 80mg group noticing a decline of more than 50%."

Abstract of the study mentioned above:
Oxandrolone in the treatment of HIV-associated weight loss in men: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. (2006)
Oxandrolone in the treatment of ... [J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2006] - PubMed - NCBI

From the abstract:
"Oxandrolone treatment was associated with significant suppression of sex hormone-binding globulin, luteinizing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone, and total and free testosterone levels. Treatment was generally well tolerated but accompanied by significant increases in transaminases and low-density lipoprotein as well as decreases in high-density lipoprotein."

Everyone is clearly in agreement with Anavar's inability to aromatize to estrogen.
Interestingly the progression over the past 30 years has gone from presuming Anavar/Oxandrolone had no negative impact on testosterone production to being clinically verified to suppress testosterone production on a dose dependent basis. For users of Anavar who are not on a committed blast & cruise regimen, full on PCT may not be necessary however, it is important to note and be aware of it's suppressive effect on natural testosterone production.

Bionixx

Bionixx

MuscleHead
Dec 6, 2011
Agreed, var is awesome!

I think the joint pain is a results of either to many reps, to many sets, or to many exercises that involve the same muscle. For instance if I do chest and tri's I get tennis elbow but if I do chest and bi's I don't have any problems. To much tension on the joint for to long. I've had the same problem while using tren and another time PEG-MGF. :violin:

brutus79

brutus79

Dec 27, 2013
Lol. For the last time, READ. Nandrolone, anavar, and primo are proven to increase the integrity of tendons/ligaments. Test in low doses does not have a negative effect. GH and IGF-1 dramatically increase the health and strength of tendons/ligaments and speed recovery.

I've done my research. You are just trolling.

I know from personal experience gh and ghrh/ghrp cycles increase collagen production, but I am yet to see a study showing deca, primo, eq or anavar do the same. I know they mask the pain and cause pain relief, but it is pretty inconclusive to say the least that they actually increase tendon/joint strength and/or boost collagen production.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic