Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

AllTheWay's Drive to Success

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i have to say that i am feeling pretty damn good lately. up and out of bed at 4 and on the floor for my 200 crunches. working very hard to get good MMC with the belly muscles!

we had all cat surgeries this morning. that makes for quick work even though most of them were spays and declaws. we were done about 9:30. which was alright because we had a rescue organization bringing in a ram for castration. jenn and jenna pants were freaking out. LOL we dont do much sheep stuff but when i was a kid we had over 200 mamma sheep and i took a sheep rotation my senior year in vet school. i was happy that i remembered how to lay one down.
IMG_1852.jpg

IMG_1858.jpg

giving jenna pants sheep restraint lessons!
IMG_1862.jpg

no mas huevos

mercy came in from outside all covered in dirt. silly little chihuahua!
IMG_1869.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

treadmill 15 degree incline 12 mins 4.3mph 214 calories

hammy and lower back

so i am working with LTT to get my damn 350# deadlift. he is tolerating my stubborness. he said that i need to work on my weak points as my basic form is alright for now. and my weakpoints are my hammys, gluts and lower back muscles. so i am dedicating myself to basic training for a period of time to see if i can get my 350# pull achieved. focus debbie, focus!

good morning
*45# for 2 sets of 10
*65# for 10
*85# for 10
*95# for 10
i stayed very light on these because it is the first time i have ever done good mornings and i wasnt completely sure on my form. i will say that it kicked my ass! my hammys are definitely a huge weak point!

lying leg curls
*40# for 4 sets of 10
holy moly i was dying after the good mornings. i did not realize how weak and undertrained my hammys were! i put it in at 60 and pointed my toes up towards the ceiling and dang i could barely get it, dropped to 50# same deal so finally settled on 40# so i didnt cheat! my hammys were hurting in places i didnt know they even were!

back hyperextensions
*bw for 4 sets of 12
these make my back scream, once again a sign of some muscle weakness! but im in for the long haul and im going to do this!

the afternoon hasnt been too bad. just had a horse pull up that needs hock injections. freaking crazy people, Lord help me please!

IMG_5331.jpg

IMG_5336.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
Great job on the good mornings, credit to you for doing them right and not going crazy on the weight. Way to go, ATW!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Great job on the good mornings, credit to you for doing them right and not going crazy on the weight. Way to go, ATW!

thanks MM. im going to be sore enough without going heavy. besides i dont see those as a heavy sort of exercise. to me, heavy exercises are bench, squats and deads, everything else should be light to moderate depending and with good form. but thats just how i was taught :)

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
thanks MM. im going to be sore enough without going heavy. besides i dont see those as a heavy sort of exercise. to me, heavy exercises are bench, squats and deads, everything else should be light to moderate depending and with good form. but thats just how i was taught :)
Accessory work is most useful to me when done with reasonable weight and good form, agreed.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
The Good mornings are brutal, there is no enjoyment in those if you're working them they're hurting LOL.. Great job I know your deads are coming up soon!!! 350!!! My wife is in love with Mercy... and we're giant dog people but she just loves the pics of her! Dang that ram looked tough, no wonder everyone else was scared and of course you're all casual with the take down and castration !!!!

ShortzMcD

ShortzMcD

TID Lady Member
Nov 15, 2011
Just had a look at your vids and you make everything seem effortless!
Those good mornings would have killed a couple of days afterwards...

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I think you have a pretty solid plan of attack with the deads ATW. The form on the GMs looked really good too.

tilltheend

tilltheend

MuscleHead
Nov 22, 2011
You are in great shape keep up the good work you are an inspiration.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Accessory work is most useful to me when done with reasonable weight and good form, agreed.
very true!

The Good mornings are brutal, there is no enjoyment in those if you're working them they're hurting LOL.. Great job I know your deads are coming up soon!!! 350!!! My wife is in love with Mercy... and we're giant dog people but she just loves the pics of her! Dang that ram looked tough, no wonder everyone else was scared and of course you're all casual with the take down and castration !!!!
mercy is a cute dog. she steals everybodys heart! he wasnt that bad. the rescue worker was scared of him but once i grabbed a hold of his horns he was good. didnt even fight that hard when i cut his nuts off :D

Just had a look at your vids and you make everything seem effortless!
Those good mornings would have killed a couple of days afterwards...
thanks for stopping by shortz! it is great to see you! those were pretty light GMs. now that i have the feel for them i will have to work my way up. the hammys are a bit sore this morning :D

I think you have a pretty solid plan of attack with the deads ATW. The form on the GMs looked really good too.
thanks II

You are in great shape keep up the good work you are an inspiration.
thanks for stopping in and for the kind words TTE!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
IMG_5318-1.jpg

I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat.
Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill is widely regarded as one of the greatest wartime leaders of the century and served as Prime Minister twice (1940–45 and 1951–55). A noted statesman and orator, Churchill was also an officer in the British Army, a historian, a writer, and an artist. He is the only British prime minister to have received the Nobel Prize in Literature, and was the first person to be made an Honorary Citizen of the United States.

it is so easy to think that we have it all figured out! we have been there and done that and we know it all right? probably not! it amazes me at what a humble man winston churchill was. all that he accomplished and yet he was not offering so called words of wisdom to all around but rather hard work! blood, sweat, toil and tears! there is so much to learn about being humble and getting it figured out that one doesnt know everything or even close to anything! i have been a veterinarian for 15 years and yet not a day goes by that i dont learn new things! new ways, new diseases, new treatments. what often works for one animal doesnt for the next, it keeps me thinking, it keeps me constantly striving to learn more and be better! hard work far exceeds ones supposed words of wisdom! do the hard work and at the end of the day write down what you learned and turn to a new page!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
what a day! rolled out of bed at 4 am and didnt do any crunches. slacker i know but it is allegedly my rest day and i got distracted doing other things. after 2 years of abs almost every day i dont suppose it is going to hurt them to miss a day here or there.

we were very busy at the office this morning. we had 6 dog spays, big dogs, and other random things that came in and needed attention. normally it wouldnt have been that big of deal but i had to leave to get zac at 11:40 to then leave for a ranch call for the afternoon. i needed to bring a horse back with me that needs treatment and the owner is going to be out of town so i hooked up my trailer and had a flat on it. went and fueled up and aired up the flat and back to the office. it was pretty much non stop until i left. actually managed to get out of there and pick up zac without being late!

we got some mexican drive thru and hit the road.

IMG_1879.jpg

IMG_1880.jpg

we got to the ranch and i stepped out of the truck and there is a hissing sound coming from my rear tire. luckily they have a mechanic and a full shop and so i got bernie to fix it for me while i was doing my grip strength training! aka bangs vaccinations.

IMG_1883.jpg

zac trying to hold the air in!

IMG_1886.jpg

it was very dusty!

IMG_1891.jpg

jenna pants tatooing the ear

IMG_1893.jpg

IMG_1895.jpg

my grip strength training done by placing a metal ear tag in every heifers ear and then using a syringe gun to vaccinate them. there were 170 head so i got a pretty good workout!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
IMG_1913.jpg

IMG_1915.jpg

zac was my good helper!

we were almost done and only had about 6 left to do and this big ol braham heifer came running into the chute and smashed into the front of it and broke her neck. so we had to get the tractor to pull her out and they help decided that they were going to butcher her. no sense in wasting the meat.

IMG_1924.jpg

we had some lame horses to check out and the barrel horse to load up so it was about an hour afterwards before we got on the road for home.

IMG_1930.jpg

dos cabezas mountain

it was a long dirty afternoon but a good one overall. im ready for bed though! :)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic